BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
new2the3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Bluetooth music streaming on 1 series

Is this available on the 1er? If so what build did this integration start with? Hardware or Software required ?
      06-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Gray67
Noob to the Bimmers but loving the ride
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Vert

I believe this is available starting with the later model 2011 year. I think this is part of the 6NR/Combox package (please don't quote me on this). Patrys has the retrofit for your '09 135i available if you want to add it.

This streaming feature becomes much more interesting with iOS 5.0 (if you have an apple device). The BT streaming feature on that version of the OS has been enhanced to include metadata information, rather than just the basic "music" info.

If my local installer could find a way to re-register the telematic combox so I could send Google Maps addresses to the car, I would sign up to do the retrofit.
      06-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Just purchased a new 128i MSP
I originally bought the sieris radio, but then found out about BMW apps with the navigation system.
To my knowledge I can now use pandora as well as other music apps to get tunes...
Nixed the siries, don't need one now with BMW apps I am to understand. Instead added power seats,(lumbar), no prem package. Don't need to see compass in mirror, can dim mirrors myself, and I have a garage remote... Just saved $2500
I would like to hear more info on apps. Do I need to purchase that snap in attachment? Limitations, positives, really don't Facebook or twitter much so don't really care bout that but that can change. Anyone have hands on experience with BMW apps and experiences with, appreciate your input.
Hear you can start car, adjust climate controls, as well as some other stuff from your iPhone !?
Once again love to hear any personal experience.
Can you see video in navigation system when vehicle is off?

Last edited by Midgad; 06-26-2011 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
fejicu
Rep
Drives: 135i

My ipod touch and blackberry both pair as soon as i turn the car on. Streams music via bluetooth from the ipod and if a call comes in it just pauses the song and changes the sound to the phone, going back once i hang up.

The only thing it doesn't support is song information from the ipod, but i can go forward or back on the playlist via the idrive controls.

This is a 2011 135i with idrive and nav, non hk.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483692
Appreciate 0