BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
E82Derek
Enthusiast
E82Derek's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i E82 Coupe (N54)
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Tampa, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Help me deciding on my suspension please !

I have a 2008 135i currently on stock suspension and i'm looking for a more sporty and low-ish look. I've came across someone who would sell me some H&R Super Sport Springs with only 1K miles on them. My car has 118K on the clock and i'm worried about getting these shocks because of shock and strut problems ect. I know, i know, coilovers are the way to go but i'm looking to get these as a first step before upgrading the whole suspension with coilovers because i am on a budget. Any help or advice on these springs with stock struts is appreciated!

Thanks guys !!!
__________________
- E82Derek
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
asbrr
Captain
Canada
240
Rep
816
Posts

Drives: 128i Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82Derek View Post
I have a 2008 135i currently on stock suspension and i'm looking for a more sporty and low-ish look. I've came across someone who would sell me some H&R Super Sport Springs with only 1K miles on them. My car has 118K on the clock and i'm worried about getting these shocks because of shock and strut problems ect. I know, i know, coilovers are the way to go but i'm looking to get these as a first step before upgrading the whole suspension with coilovers because i am on a budget. Any help or advice on these springs with stock struts is appreciated!

Thanks guys !!!
Pick from Koni Yellow or Bilstein B8 Sport. That's really your best bet to pair with a set of lowering springs.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
E82Derek
Enthusiast
E82Derek's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i E82 Coupe (N54)
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Tampa, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Pick from Koni Yellow or Bilstein B8 Sport. That's really your best bet to pair with a set of lowering springs.
Should i be alright using these springs for about 1,000 miles before upgrading with some Koni's?
__________________
- E82Derek
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
797
Rep
1,802
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

You're buying springs and calling them shocks in the same sentence?

Anyway you can install those and use them with stock dampers for more than 1000 miles. If you just want to look low, who cares? People drive cars with totally blown suspension every day...their cars just ride and handle poorly. If you can accept that then go for it. With over 100K miles and 12 years on the car the dampers are probably screwed anyway.

HOWEVER, it doesn't make sense to do this for only 1000 miles unless you don't care about the labor. It will be a pain in the ass. I would wait if you really will have the $ for legit suspension. And coilovers aren't necessarily any better than non adjustable assuming the non adjustable is at the height you want.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
E82Derek
Enthusiast
E82Derek's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i E82 Coupe (N54)
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Tampa, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
You're buying springs and calling them shocks in the same sentence?

Anyway you can install those and use them with stock dampers for more than 1000 miles. If you just want to look low, who cares? People drive cars with totally blown suspension every day...their cars just ride and handle poorly. If you can accept that then go for it. With over 100K miles and 12 years on the car the dampers are probably screwed anyway.

HOWEVER, it doesn't make sense to do this for only 1000 miles unless you don't care about the labor. It will be a pain in the ass. I would wait if you really will have the $ for legit suspension. And coilovers aren't necessarily any better than non adjustable assuming the non adjustable is at the height you want.
Lol, i hear ya dude
__________________
- E82Derek
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 12:44 AM   #6
HP Autosport
General
United_States
2312
Rep
40,302
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

iTrader: (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Pick from Koni Yellow or Bilstein B8 Sport. That's really your best bet to pair with a set of lowering springs.
Good choices.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST