BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-30-2019, 04:23 AM   #1
zeljko
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87 116i

BMW 116i 2005 air comes out only from defrost

Winter is really near and today was like 1 °C and air comes out only from defrost.

I have ihkr manual ac control panel Name:  ac panel.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  11.7 KB Changing position with left knob doesn't do anything. Blower works just fine, i can set blower speed to any value but it blows hot just from deftrost. I can start AC, can hear that ac motor is engaged and can hear fan running. Air recirculation also doesn't work. Button emits green light but flap is not moving. Heated seats also doesn't work, but no light on them.
I have tried:
  • checked all fuses,
  • checked cables,
  • run diagnostic scan with ista+ got codes (A6CF - AUC sensor, 9C48 - Mixing flap motor, 9C4A - Fresh/Recirculated air flap motor, 9C4D - Air distribution flap motor) (check attachment)
  • removing errors doesn't help, they show up on next scan
  • AUC sensor is nowhere to be found, or installation for it

Tried also to run module functions for ihkr and i get reading on position of mixing flap but it doesn't move. Also footwell temp/ventilation vent is a little bit off. (check attachment)

Ill try to remove servomotors and somehow test them, and try to test sensors if possible.

Can it be control panel is defected somehow (but like i said i can see when knobs are moving and its angle position)? Any ideas what to look, touch, punch to make it work?? Is it possible that wrong input data from sensors put ihkr to some kind of limp mode?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #2
zeljko
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87 116i

Things that i done:

First tried to delete errors, with no success. Error just pop back,
Control panel responded to ISTA functions (turn all lights, can read potentiometer angle, ...), checked that out
flaps stuck at 255%
Checked all fuses, all good,
Battery was around 12.4V, so i checked that out
According to newtis.info documentation flap motors are connected in line so if first motor fail rest wont work. So i put 2nd and 3rd in place of first flap motor. No good
Checked all cables for open circuit or high resistance, all looks good
Bought new fsu, no changes,
Bought used klima control panel, no changes
I have run out of ideas what to look. Some good soul that can suggest what to look next
Appreciate 0