BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
135iAW
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Good alignment shop in north jersey

Does anyone know of a good alignment shop in north jersey that they would recommend. Not looking to pay an arm and a leg for an alignment, just a good price and quality work. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Try Autocouture Motoring in Fair Lawn, NJ. They're good guys, and even though I've had mixed experiences with them when asking for something complicated (long story), they always sorted it out in the end for me, so I still stand by them.

And for an alignment I think it's $150 which is less than what BMW charges. I would trust them over the "hole in the wall" garages that are everywhere. Sears once mounted my tires facing backwards. Another local shop almost let me drive away with a lug nut missing. Autocouture would never do that.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

If you wanted to make a little trip over to CT we would be happy to help you out. We just aligned my 135i last week.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
bigEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Try Autocouture Motoring in Fair Lawn, NJ. They're good guys, and even though I've had mixed experiences with them when asking for something complicated (long story), they always sorted it out in the end for me, so I still stand by them.

And for an alignment I think it's $150 which is less than what BMW charges. I would trust them over the "hole in the wall" garages that are everywhere. Sears once mounted my tires facing backwards. Another local shop almost let me drive away with a lug nut missing. Autocouture would never do that.
+1,000,000
AUTOcouture Motoring| 15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07410 | P: 201.666.3500 | ACMallday@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
135iAW
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Hmm didn't know that autocouture does alignments now. Where are you guys located in CT and how much is an alignment? Thanks for the responses guys
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
bigEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

its newish!
AUTOcouture Motoring| 15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07410 | P: 201.666.3500 | ACMallday@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep

Yep they just did 2 for me this past weekend. And probably another one today. Lol. Going in about 10 minutes.

EDIT: They "bumped" me because it seems they have more important cars to work on today. I've had this appointment for days, and they know I'm not happy, so I don't know what gives. I've changed my mind, fuck 'em, go to CT lol. Good thing I called first, or else I would have driven an hour and a half round trip for nothing.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 04-04-2012 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iAW View Post
Hmm didn't know that autocouture does alignments now. Where are you guys located in CT and how much is an alignment? Thanks for the responses guys
We are located in Bethel, CT. It's near Danbury, CT. I am sending you a PM now with pricing as I don't believe I am allowed to post pricing in this section of the forums.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Logics View Post
We are located in Bethel, CT. It's near Danbury, CT. I am sending you a PM now with pricing as I don't believe I am allowed to post pricing in this section of the forums.

-Josh
PM me too! How much to raise the front very slightly to prevent rub, and then align just the front? I was just gonna go to BMW, but if the price is worth it, the trip isn't so bad

I just don't wanna be screwed over again!

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #10
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
PM me too! How much to raise the front very slightly to prevent rub, and then align just the front? I was just gonna go to BMW, but if the price is worth it, the trip isn't so bad

I just don't wanna be screwed over again!
Sending PM now my friend!

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep

For your reference, guys. We just aligned my 135i last week among a few other things. You can check it out here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669988

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Sales@AUTOcouture
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Andre,

Your wheels on the car now are non 1 series offsets, it is a super aggressive wheel setup, the car is extremely low on the coils.
We aligned your car to the specs you wanted, we then received a call from you in regards to having rub issues on the front, due to the slammed setup YOU wanted and the offsets being not meant for a 1 series. We re-adjusted your coils up just like you had asked.

You gave us a call and requested another adjustment & alignment we scheduled you in, we received a call from you day of and asked if there would be a charge to align the car.
We had stated yes as this is another alignment we were also backed up due to slight complications with a vehicle.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

PS You didnt get "bumped" we had our techs working and awaiting parts on 2 vehicles and our alignment rack was in use.

Last edited by Sales@AUTOcouture; 04-05-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep

^ While I appreciate the response, and I understand your points, I want to say that both times I called, AND when I went in on saturday i asked to be raised, have my camber adjusted, etc to make the wheels fit. These wheels fit fine on at least 2 other forum members' cars, which were slightly dropped.

The first time I got my car back, it rubbed when I just turned the steering wheel slightly. I don't know how "professionals" could have even let me drive away like that. I warned you guys over the phone that you'd probably have to raise it. You didn't.

So I came back. I was happy to do so and give you guys more of my money. I asked to do whatever it takes, even if you have to bring it back to stock ride height, at which I know I wouldn't rub, to get them to fit fine. You guys worked on it and assured me that it wouldn't rub. The next day, it did. I made it clear that I don't care about being "slammed" or my ride height, but you guys said twice to me "we could raise it more, but you probably don't want that". You guys put words into my mouth. I didn't care about the ride height I just wanted these wheels on and working.

So I called sunday and monday to make an appointment for wednesday. I called the day of to see if there would be a charge. I don't see why this is unreasonable, because you guys DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME TWICE. You didn't listen to my directions on the phone the first time that it might need to be raised to fit, and you just left me with a nearly undriveable car, suspension wasn't touched, and then made me feel bad that I had to bring it back on a Friday afternoon because the work day was almost ending. I wanted to know if there would be a charge, and even if there would be.. what would it be?

Marco told me "two things, first of all we'll do the suspension work for free but we have to charge you for another alignment (3rd one in 4 days that I'm being charged for)". Even at this point I said Okay thank you, thinking well at least it's only another $170 or so for the alignment. But then the second thing "well, a couple of our projects spilled over from yesterday and we can't get your car in today"

Really? Half an hour before I'm supposed to come in and you didn't bother to call me and tell me that you probably can't get my car in today?? If I hadn't called to check on the pricing, I would have arrived there only to be told no????

You know why this makes me mad? BECAUSE YOU DID IT TO ME BEFORE... TWICE.

Remember August 2011 when I got my coilovers installed? I had to come back for an alignment after they settled. I was on the Parkway, half an hour from my house, 20 minutes away from your Hillsdale location when I called to be courteous and let you know that I'm running about 10 minutes late. You guys then decided to inform me "Well, we have this E46 M3 that we're working on and blah blah we can't get to your car today"

Okay? That was number one.

Then I finally get back for an alignment because I needed one after the coilover install that you guys did. Well, you didn't actually let me know that you didn't do the alignment "in house" at your old location. I assumed you did. So you took my car out to the place you use, and lo and behold my car is "too low". This I can understand if I'm just some shmuck coming in for an alignment. But you guys installed my suspension.. shouldn't you have known how much you lowered my car?? Shouldn't you have known, as "professionals", that you couldn't align the car on the machinery at the other shop that you use? So then I get told to come back, prepare for a more expensive alignment at the exotic car shop, and that's that.

Those were the first two strikes. That's not counting that my coilovers have been clunking all winter. Not being used to aftermarket setups, I thought this was normal until a friend pointed out that my suspension is really noisy and probably wasn't installed right. It had been getting louder all winter, so I am glad it was noticed when it was. I asked for this to be looked at as well and it turns out it was fixed.. meaning that it wasn't done right the first time.

So I took a chance on you. I ignored Mohammed's ("chesterfan" on the board) warning and specifically sought you guys out because I had heard good things from other members. And every time I came to you guys for installations or help, I left a little disappointed.

I knew the wheels were tricky, I told you guys they would be tricky, and I was prepared to pay for whatever labor time it took to get them to work, but you guys didn't listen to what I had to say and I feel like you rushed the job. You didn't raise the car at ALL at first, and then you raised me a little bit, when I specifically said "be conservative with the drop if you have to, I just want it to fit okay." And like I said, I was prepared to pay for all of it. Two different people assured me that it wouldn't rub, and it did. I have to come back and forth several times to get it finally done right? I don't think that's fair to me, when I laid out specifically what I wanted and was required in the very beginning.

Look, I like all of you guys. I kept coming back for a reason! I was trying to make things work, always giving you the benefit of the doubt. What pushed me over was the second time I was told to come back some other time after I had an appointment scheduled, without even the courtesy of a phone call. That, I think, is just plain rude.

You all love cars, and you love the business you're running, and I applaud you. But part of me thinks that you need help on the "business" side of things because you tend to have a group of very happy customers in stark contrast to the other group of customers who felt like you didn't give them much attention at all.

But I won't go on a crusade against you. I won't write a single negative review. Other than what I have written here and above, I will not tell anyone to avoid you or anything. I just hope you guys take the time to listen to your customers a little better in the future.

Appreciate 0