BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

08-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #23
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
translation: no one's allowed to disagree.
I happen agree with Robert. I believe he's saying.. let's not screw this up for Johnny, by us continuing to bash, when we have no idea what the resolution is, because it has not been resolved yet.

It's very much like griping about a verdict, that hasn't even been deliberated on yet.

The other thread got darned nasty, and I closed it (let's not muck this one up too). This one is expressing potential good news.. but it's only potential.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #24
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

I hope they get your car and the tune onto a dyno and document that fuel pump problem
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
damian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
damian:

It's not about disagree, it's about getting to the FACTS first. If someone want's to create a bitch fest, it's possible, but should be labeled as such and I am sure the forum has rules that need to be followed, or one could get into some hotwater.

Dinan has a reputation, and I don't think it is right to have that washed away based on mis-information that we cause. I would rather know the facts. After all, for the most part, that is why I read and contrubute to this forum, to get the real facts.

EspressoBoy
i agree 100%, and what we had in the other thread was a veritable crucifixion without verifiable facts.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
damian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I happen agree with Robert. I believe he's saying.. let's not screw this up for Johnny, by us continuing to bash, when we have no idea what the resolution is, because it has not been resolved yet.

It's very much like griping about a verdict, that hasn't even been deliberated on yet.

The other thread got darned nasty, and I closed it (let's not muck this one up too). This one is expressing potential good news.. but it's only potential.
i'm not griping, but i think we also deserve an accurate account of exactly what happened before blaming dinan. it's not fair to dinan either unless they are to blame.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #27
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

When you select a business to handle your needs you want someone who knows what they are doing and can deliver. Your "go to guy". Someone who understands your needs and can guide you. Someone who will help you get the most value for your money even if it means sending you to a competitor. Someone you trust. JMHO
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #28
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

There are several problem with this and Johnnyr other threads.

1) He has made a statement that a reputable company screwed him, yet he has not given enough information to show where that company has broken any contractual obligations. In fact, if you read his thread and the vendors website it, look like johnnyr doesn’t understand what he was suppose to get from the vendor.

2) The majority of the 1addict community jumps on top of the vendor, with limited knowledge just adding venom.

3) when the vendor decided to go above and beyond his contractual responsibility, again the majority of the 1addict community do not give credit where it is due, but continue to bash

This does not just affect johnnyr. This hurts the reputation of the 1addicts and 135 communities. Think real hard: If you were a parts company and you saw a competitor with a good reputation getting lambasted by a niche market for meeting his contractual obligations, would you enter that market ?

We will never have the raw numbers to force aftermarket support for the 135. Our attitudes matter. Crap like this affects us all.
If this is truly how our community behaves, expect higher prices, less support, and to always be the 335’s red headed step child.

Every time someone bitches about not enough after market support in the future I will be pointing them the these threads. You reap what you sow.

NOTE: If someone can clearly show how DINAN did not live up to their contractual agreement I am all for a good burning at the stake. That has not been shown
      08-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #29
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

This thread was just only about "The issue is not closed", to give further hope that there is a possible better resolution than appeared in past threads. I'm glad it was posted, but it certainly needs the full picture, as it unfolds.

Let's wait until we have more info and then we can all either glorify, bash, or be indifferent. I think we all agree that we need more info. WAIT BEFORE JUDGING is my main sentiment.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #30
GigEm93
1derful
Rep
Drives: SGM 135

Quote:
WAIT BEFORE JUDGING is my main sentiment.
      08-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #31
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

Waiting .... in the mean time... LETS DRIVE!

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #32
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

Woossh...I am feeling the power of 1...my wish is for a really good post game analysis. Truth will set us free. I am biased now..its the F%^&ing FUEL PUMP. It became a pingpong game. Tell us Johnny what Dinan thinks ok?
      08-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #33
sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I'll be glad if the OP gets a full refund. Dinan shouldn't cause him to be out 500-600 bucks because he bought their product and it wouldn't work on his car. And the fact is, for whatever reason, the tune didn't work properly.

The fuel pump looks like a red herring to me because it doesn't matter which piece of equipment caused the the tune not to work. Dinan is selling a tune for this particular model and it should work on this particular model. If it doesn't, Dinan needs to change its tune or say that they can't tune this model.

And Dinan should be give a chance to redeem its reputation. It appears as if this particular Dinan shop didn't deal with the problem the way it should have, but another shop might have. No way to tell. If Dinan himself is stepping in to exert some quality control, presumably he will instruct his other dealers so they won't make the same mistake.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #34
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

(now take away "without pics")

Larryn, can you close this thread too please?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #35
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

better yet delete this and the screwed thread. It is unfair to the vendor for them to be found on search engines.
      08-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #36
damian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

no, the thread offers differing opinions. that's important and fair.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #37
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

johnnyr asked me to delete the original thread, which I did.

I am closing this one now, and it if anybody wants to find out how it ended, please follow-up in this thread, where the issue was properly diagnosed and fixed.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread