BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #67
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Don't worry about my getting the piece. It MIGHT be because there are still issues. Now it seems the trunk may leak. There are people that still have issues they just aren't posting here for some reason. I wonder why? Fear of reprisal? I could link the posts if you like. Do you know how much ass pain I had to go through with my 2k exhaust? Or my 1.5k diffuser? Is there a problem with me being careful with a company that took peoples money and gave them an inferior product over half a year later? Please don't start this up man. I only asked for updates because of a CUSTOMERS post about some more issues.

You act like it's my fault that there are issues. This thread COULDN'T even exist if the products were as flawless as people were assured they would be.

HondaGoneRogue,

I don't know from which part of my post you interpreted that I was starting something, or that I acted like anything is your fault.

My tone was meant as neutral. I apologize if you felt like I was attacking you in any way. If you read carefully you'll see that was, clearly, not my intention.

But while I'm on the subject, let me explain something real quick. IF there is an issue, then it gets resolved. That's it. If someone were to have a defective piece, the defective piece would be replaced. It's JUST THAT SIMPLE. There is nothing else to it. There's nothing but transparency to this statement. There's no DaVinci Code consipracy here. We LOVE our customers, and iCarbon does too. We HAPPILY help them in times of need, and they will HAPPILY be serviced in any way to make them happy if they are not.

If my iPhone has any issues during warranty, it will get replaced and I won't have any problems, I will be happy. But if the phone comes out defective, and I just complain about it being defective, EVEN THOUGH THE COMPANY WANTS TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEM, then where do we go from there?

THE FEW that have had problems, HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN them RESOLVED. WITHOUT REPRISAL.

As always, I'm here for ANYONE who has any questions

Cheers,

Setian

Last edited by DTMrack.com; 02-22-2011 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #68
Tarthuss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Purpose?

Wow! Lol! How did you get all that negative from that post Honda?

I can't believe this is 4 pages long!

I would say that after your VERY last post, you're clearly looking for something else... Or want to just start something or talk crap.

Flamer!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #69
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
To date, HondaGoneRogue has not contacted us with any intention of getting an iCarbon piece.
Sorry if I seemed too abrasive, but it seemed like this was supposed to invalidate my concerns or the real issue at hand. All I asked was if the BUYERS WITH THE ISSUES had any updates. I expect to hear all is well from a vendor. What does it matter if I have ordered yet? There are still people from the group buy that have said they are still trying to get issues resolved. I don't see how it would be smart to purchase a product during that time. You can bet that I will order from you, but only when I'm comfortable with the reviews given from people that have already purchased.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #70
11N55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I thought I would start a thread to highlight what seems to be a trend in the new iCarbon Carbon Fiber Diffusers, Trunks, and Hoods.

There seems to be an issue with a milky haze under the clear coat that gets progressively worse over time.

These aren't the only pieces that are defective. If anyone has any other instances I am sure the community would like to hear. If nothing else at least people will be warned to be cautious of ordering until this gets resolved.

I have heard many great stories of iCarbon replacing items when a customer is unhappy so I am sure this will get cleared up. I personally would like be assured if I order these pieces I will get good parts from the beginning.
I wasn't about to read the whole thread but from what I understand you don't even own any iCarbon products!?!?
      02-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #71
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11N55 View Post
I wasn't about to read the whole thread but from what I understand you don't even own any iCarbon products!?!?

Lets not get into this kinda crap. HondaGoneRogue is just concerned about some issues and wants to confirm they are resolved before he dumps that kinda of money into things, which is valid.

DTMrack is a top vendor who is confirming that all issues will be resolved and address if they arise.

Both valid post, lets just keep it simple. Product reviews are important and how mistakes / mishaps are addressed are even more important. From what I have gathered from this is that DTMrack has been solid.

HGR - i will post lots of hi-res pics and give a review as soon as my stuff arrives. Think you are gonna be at Mfest so you can check it out too while we are down there.
      02-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #72
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, man. Was actually wanting to get these before MFest but we will see. Glad to see we will have a good presence of 1ers! We HAVE to do a shoot.

2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 02-22-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #73
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Update. I got my hood and trunk installed and I picked up my car today. Pieces look great. You can see one area where the seems are and the carbon is smudged around, but its very minor and not noticeable without a flashlight and trained eye.

I have a 2011 135i so I had to find a fix for the hole where the non-existent key goes on the trunk. iCarbon suggested I get the actual key lock and use that as a plug. They are offering to pay for that. I still need to scan the receipt and get that over to them for a refund of the purchase, but they seem to be taking care of me, as DTMrack and iCarbon promise their customers.

Fitment is a little off on the trunk. If you want the lines of the car to match, there will be a little gap on both sides of the trunk (on the top sides), and when I picked up my car, the trunk wouldn't open. It was getting stuck because of the fitment. So they pulled the trunk back as far as possible. This fixed the gap, but the the lines of the car do not match perfectly (granted, its VERY slight). Now the trunk closes and opens, but you have to be aggressive closing it to get the latch to hook and keep closed. I'm ok with this trade-off, because, hey, what more could you expect for a good look from an aftermarket company. As long as I can close the trunk, it looks good and has a good seal, I'm ok.

Over-all experience based on expectations and a huge build up by iCarbon:

They advertise superior quality, OEM fit, direct swap with no modifications and a flawless weave. Hood and trunk did need some modification. It was not a direct swap since some of the holes were not even drilled, some not large enough, and holes (the key lock) where there shouldn't be any. So I decide to pay for a shop to do the work ($350 extra out of my pocket). The trunk and hood look great and compliment my front lip (which still does not fit perfectly) and rear diffuser all from iCarbon. I'm walking away pretty satisfied. I think they over-hyped their product, but they do their best to keep their customers happy. I wonder if they even made a profit (inflated prices, but lots of free replacements, etc.).

Over-all satisfaction: B+

(will post pics soon!)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #74
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Awesome review, this is what I think people should know before purchasing. Kudos to them for offering to pay for the lock. As I said in my first post, iCarbon has always seemed to take care of people after the purchase. I'm just not sure if I want to go through the hassle or possibly have to paint a piece or ship one back when I shouldn't have to.

Thanks again. Looking forward to the pics.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #75
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
HondaGoneRogue,

I don't know from which part of my post you interpreted that I was starting something, or that I acted like anything is your fault.

My tone was meant as neutral. I apologize if you felt like I was attacking you in any way. If you read carefully you'll see that was, clearly, not my intention.

But while I'm on the subject, let me explain something real quick. IF there is an issue, then it gets resolved. That's it. If someone were to have a defective piece, the defective piece would be replaced. It's JUST THAT SIMPLE. There is nothing else to it. There's nothing but transparency to this statement. There's no DaVinci Code consipracy here. We LOVE our customers, and iCarbon does too. We HAPPILY help them in times of need, and they will HAPPILY be serviced in any way to make them happy if they are not.

If my iPhone has any issues during warranty, it will get replaced and I won't have any problems, I will be happy. But if the phone comes out defective, and I just complain about it being defective, EVEN THOUGH THE COMPANY WANTS TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEM, then where do we go from there?

THE FEW that have had problems, HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN them RESOLVED. WITHOUT REPRISAL.

As always, I'm here for ANYONE who has any questions

Cheers,

Setian
Setian, the element you're missing, when it comes to iCarbon is this:

iCarbon 1 Series iCS Hood - Ordered 9/3/10
Received about 4.5 months later.

iCarbon 1 Series iCS Carbon Trunk Spoiler - Ordered 9/3/10
As of today, 2/22/11 still not received

What does this have to do with product quality? No. Does it have anything to do with customers' likeliness to complain about quality issues? Yes.

My iCS hood had an obvious defect in the finish. Fitment was off by 1/3 an inch or so, which I corrected with small washers from Home Depot. The hood latch had a hole drilled in the wrong place, which I also worked around. These problems are not big enough to where I'd be willing to wait another 4.5 months for a new hood. So, I'll live with it.

Now, I have no doubt that iCarbon is as good as their word when it comes to replacing defective parts. But given the epic amount of time it takes to get product in our hands, customers are far less likely to test them on that.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #76
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcyrusm View Post
Update. I got my hood and trunk installed and I picked up my car today. Pieces look great. You can see one area where the seems are and the carbon is smudged around, but its very minor and not noticeable without a flashlight and trained eye.

I have a 2011 135i so I had to find a fix for the hole where the non-existent key goes on the trunk. iCarbon suggested I get the actual key lock and use that as a plug. They are offering to pay for that. I still need to scan the receipt and get that over to them for a refund of the purchase, but they seem to be taking care of me, as DTMrack and iCarbon promise their customers.

Fitment is a little off on the trunk. If you want the lines of the car to match, there will be a little gap on both sides of the trunk (on the top sides), and when I picked up my car, the trunk wouldn't open. It was getting stuck because of the fitment. So they pulled the trunk back as far as possible. This fixed the gap, but the the lines of the car do not match perfectly (granted, its VERY slight). Now the trunk closes and opens, but you have to be aggressive closing it to get the latch to hook and keep closed. I'm ok with this trade-off, because, hey, what more could you expect for a good look from an aftermarket company. As long as I can close the trunk, it looks good and has a good seal, I'm ok.

Over-all experience based on expectations and a huge build up by iCarbon:

They advertise superior quality, OEM fit, direct swap with no modifications and a flawless weave. Hood and trunk did need some modification. It was not a direct swap since some of the holes were not even drilled, some not large enough, and holes (the key lock) where there shouldn't be any. So I decide to pay for a shop to do the work ($350 extra out of my pocket). The trunk and hood look great and compliment my front lip (which still does not fit perfectly) and rear diffuser all from iCarbon. I'm walking away pretty satisfied. I think they over-hyped their product, but they do their best to keep their customers happy. I wonder if they even made a profit (inflated prices, but lots of free replacements, etc.).

Over-all satisfaction: B+

(will post pics soon!)
This matched my experience. The hood looks great now, minus a few blemishes that painting helped smooth over. Fitment took some adjustment, but I've got it working now.

Over-all satisfaction: B
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #77
Nishan
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2012 BMW 1M  [0.00]
It must have taken me up to half an hour reading through this entire post.
Honda,thank u for this useful and entertaining post!

I must admit that I am merely a potential customer and after doing a bit of research, iCarbon seemed to be the best aftermarket option.

My concern is that I don't have the time to deal with issues and maybe it's better to stick with OEM parts.However,that being said,nothing is perfect and a customer needs to be reassured that after sales service is reliable.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #78
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Setian, the element you're missing, when it comes to iCarbon is this:

iCarbon 1 Series iCS Hood - Ordered 9/3/10
Received about 4.5 months later.

iCarbon 1 Series iCS Carbon Trunk Spoiler - Ordered 9/3/10
As of today, 2/22/11 still not received

What does this have to do with product quality? No. Does it have anything to do with customers' likeliness to complain about quality issues? Yes.

My iCS hood had an obvious defect in the finish. Fitment was off by 1/3 an inch or so, which I corrected with small washers from Home Depot. The hood latch had a hole drilled in the wrong place, which I also worked around. These problems are not big enough to where I'd be willing to wait another 4.5 months for a new hood. So, I'll live with it.

Now, I have no doubt that iCarbon is as good as their word when it comes to replacing defective parts. But given the epic amount of time it takes to get product in our hands, customers are far less likely to test them on that.

This is precisely the reason iCarbon no longer sells pieces themselves. It is no secret they were having troubles with having quick turnarounds. That is a thing of the past.

Since those days, iCarbon has now stopped dealing pieces themselves. Now distributors like us, or HPAutowerks make sure that you are given the service and turnaround you deserve.

Was iCarbon taking forever with their pieces? Yes. IT WAS HORRIBLE. But that's the past.

In the present, iCarbon engineers and makes pieces. Excellent pieces. And their quality distributors deliver the best customer service.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #79
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nish 135i M DCT View Post
It must have taken me up to half an hour reading through this entire post.
Honda,thank u for this useful and entertaining post!

I must admit that I am merely a potential customer and after doing a bit of research, iCarbon seemed to be the best aftermarket option.

My concern is that I don't have the time to deal with issues and maybe it's better to stick with OEM parts.However,that being said,nothing is perfect and a customer needs to be reassured that after sales service is reliable.
Yes sir! Your satisfaction is our PRIMARY concern.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #80
Nishan
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2012 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Very impressive response time DTMrack! I am sold.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #81
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Quote:
Thanks, man. Was actually wanting to get these before MFest but we will see. Glad to see we will have a good presence of 1ers! We HAVE to do a shoot.
for sure! I will be parked at the HPF booth. We should all get in contact via PM/email and swap cell #'s.

sorry...you running the track too?
      02-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #82
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
You know it! We can do that.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #83
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Pics up!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492929
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #84
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

This is why I only buy OEM - more expensive, I know, but you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #85
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcyrusm View Post
Looks good!

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #86
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

I just ordered a lip and diffuser. From Vivid Racing. Hopefully iCarbon can get it to me quick since Vivid was told both parts were in stock. As for quality. Out if all the cf parts I have ordered, only one was completely flawless. Just like anything else, nothing is perfect. This thread is a bit overboard. But, as a consumer, I understand the greater concern being raised by a few.

Last edited by NFIDDY5; 02-24-2011 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #87
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Bicarbonate...hahahaha autocorrect anyone?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFIDDY5 View Post
I just ordered a lip and diffuser. From Vivid Racing. Hopefully bicarbonate can get it to me quick since Vivid was too both parts were in stock. As for quality. Out if all the cf parts I have ordered, only one was completely flawless. Just like anything else, nothing is perfect. This thread is a bit overboard. But, as a consumer, I understand the greater concern being raised by a few.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #88
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Bicarbonate...hahahaha autocorrect anyone?!?
Yeah. Stupid DROID autospell. It spells words that don't even exist as corrected words of correct words. So ghey.
Appreciate 0