BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #89
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
At first I thought Bicarbonate was Icarbon's competitor...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #90
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
At first I thought Bicarbonate was Icarbon's competitor...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #91
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

I am starting a new brand. But I worry that my customer base may experience some problems with quality. Sorry. Too soon?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #92
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Just can me the Thread Killer.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #93
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
More for the masses: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...80#post9105680

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #94
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Doesn't seem to be an iCarbon issue HondaGoneRogue.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #95
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
Doesn't seem to be an iCarbon issue HondaGoneRogue.
Again I am pretty sure some members ordered directly through iCarbon so if that is the case whose issue would that be? I just want this to be cleared up too because DTM you are right, iCarbon shouldn't be blame if its not their fault.

Wonder if those who ordered their double sided CF and or plain VACC hood arrived yet because I know that took longer than expected.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #96
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Sometimes it seems like you're on a personal quest to highlight iCarbon HondaGoneRogue. The most outspoken iCarbon critic isn't even a customer? I mean, do what you will, but it just seems strange to devote this much time to it. I say this, even as a disgruntled iCarbon customer.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #97
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Again I am pretty sure some members ordered directly through iCarbon so if that is the case whose issue would that be? I just want this to be cleared up too because DTM you are right, iCarbon shouldn't be blame if its not their fault.

Wonder if those who ordered their double sided CF and or plain VACC hood arrived yet because I know that took longer than expected.
You're entirely right Simon.

If some members ordered through iCarbon and the order took long, then of course that would be an iCarbon issue. But the link posted by HondaGoneRogue is a different story, the member clearly ordered through another dealer. And that has nothing to do with iCarbon themselves. A dealer should know what they have in stock, and if they do drop ship, then they should know what the manufacturer has in stock.

Alas, this is why we have our own stock. So we can control everything ourselves. But remember that iCarbon doesn't sell directly anymore, so aside from those old pending orders, any bad service a customer receives has to pertain or fall on the dealer they chose to use.

As far as those old pending orders, (which are the ones you mentioned), I was just at iCarbon this week and from what I saw, those customers will be getting something delivered real soon

I just can't wait for all the pending 'direclty purchased from iCarbon' orders to be fullfilled. Because that day, iCarbon will be able to keep on shining for the quality in their products, and not be shun because of their lack of quality in retail services. When that day comes, every person interested in iCarbon will be able to say "My iCarbon pieces are SO SICK, and the customer service was awesome...because I bought through DTMrack"
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #98
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
You're entirely right Simon.

If some members ordered through iCarbon and the order took long, then of course that would be an iCarbon issue. But the link posted by HondaGoneRogue is a different story, the member clearly ordered through another dealer. And that has nothing to do with iCarbon themselves. A dealer should know what they have in stock, and if they do drop ship, then they should know what the manufacturer has in stock.

Alas, this is why we have our own stock. So we can control everything ourselves. But remember that iCarbon doesn't sell directly anymore, so aside from those old pending orders, any bad service a customer receives has to pertain or fall on the dealer they chose to use.

As far as those old pending orders, (which are the ones you mentioned), I was just at iCarbon this week and from what I saw, those customers will be getting something delivered real soon

I just can't wait for all the pending 'direclty purchased from iCarbon' orders to be fullfilled. Because that day, iCarbon will be able to keep on shining for the quality in their products, and not be shun because of their lack of quality in retail services. When that day comes, every person interested in iCarbon will be able to say "My iCarbon pieces are SO SICK, and the customer service was awesome...because I bought through DTMrack"
DTM you make some excellent points in your post and I'm glad you are providing the customer service aspect but you also identify a big element. There are STILL customers (Fellow members who participated in the GB) who are waiting for their products, while other parts are being manufactured. One would assume the company would first fulfill their existing orders to satisfy the GB members right? Sure iCarbon no longer deals with the customer service side anymore but it shouldn't take away their responsibilities to those who purchased from them. Instead, this situation reflect how little in the company prioritize their original customer base. I am personally dissappointed, considering this was their second GB.

@DTM I think you guys will def be one of my very first vendors to check if I want a product because your customer service is by far one of the best. However, based on my exp. with iCarbon it just left a sour taste in my mouth and while the product was exactly as described, it just took way too long and the lack of accountability (or any apology for the delays) was too much to ignore.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #99
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Sometimes it seems like you're on a personal quest to highlight iCarbon HondaGoneRogue. The most outspoken iCarbon critic isn't even a customer? I mean, do what you will, but it just seems strange to devote this much time to it. I say this, even as a disgruntled iCarbon customer.
I would do the same with anything else. I was just warned that the hotchkis sways rust. I appreciate that. When I made this thread, I wanted a trunk, and the first images people posted had issues. After that, the manufacturer came in here with a puffed up chest and basically said if I'm not a customer dont worry about it and said I am defaming them. All I was doing was showing what people are going through. If the situation gets fixed, I wouldn't have anything to post about would I? I'm done. They didn't get my money, so have at it fellas. I was just trying to help.

I would do the same for any other product and would hope others would too.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #100
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
I would do the same with anything else. I was just warned that the hotchkis sways rust. I appreciate that. When I made this thread, I wanted a trunk, and the first images people posted had issues. After that, the manufacturer came in here with a puffed up chest and basically said if I'm not a customer dont worry about it and said I am defaming them. All I was doing was showing what people are going through. If the situation gets fixed, I wouldn't have anything to post about would I? I'm done. They didn't get my money, so have at it fellas. I was just trying to help.

I would do the same for any other product and would hope others would too.
+1

When your throwing around 1-2k you would want a definite answer that your product wouldn't be defective not some % chance that it could go wrong.

Just got some iCarbon CF Mirror Overlays the other day. I can say the quality is 'almost' perfect (me being picky about rounded corners not being straight). And from a 3rd party product I can't complain! Props to iCarbon for a great product.
      03-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #101
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Right, but I guess I'm saying... at what point do you drop it? There's plenty of us who have posted about what we've experienced (images of flaws, complaints about delays, etc). When you're commenting/posting every other post on all threads relating to iCarbon... at some point you just look like a crazy person.

But that's just totally my opinion. And again, I say this as someone who is frustrated by iCarbon to no end.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #102
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When you're commenting/posting every other post on all threads relating to iCarbon... at some point you just look like a crazy person.
Maybe you should check my posts daily and see how much I actually post about this. I post when I feel there is something to say. I was also when I saw onefastmans pics of his hood and trunk. Simon135i's too. I advised people they should run hoodpins. I gave heads up about my Bastuck exhaust, I give feedback on my Hamann lip etc. Did I call you crazy for posting a hundred videos of windshields being smashed? Was that point not made in my first post? So now your posting about what I'm posting. It takes literally a couple seconds to type this. Who's crazy here?

It's a forum man, I check mostly all threads and if there is a relevant topic, I'll speak.

It's dropped as far as I'm concerned. If someone asks a question though, you better believe I'll shoot them the link to this thread.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #103
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Since when do you have to be a "customer" to be a critic??? That is BS...does that mean I cannot be critical of Chrysler because I am not a "customer"....isn't a "customer" a potential buyer? After the item is bought doesn't that make you a "former" customer? Semantics, I know, but c'mon man (in my best Chris Carter voice)!

Quote:
I know it will become less of a PR headache for you right?

Quote:
Right, but I guess I'm saying... at what point do you drop it?
Quote:
And again, I say this as someone who is frustrated by iCarbon to no end.

You don't drop it until the issue is addressed and/or fixed. I read this entire thread and not once have I seen iCarbon OR Setian (DTMrack) say that "yes there were some QC issues with some isolated pieces, we have looked at our manufacturing process and are taking steps to eliminate those issues and prevent them from happening again. If anyone has a problem with their current iCarbon item pleas PM xxxx@icarbon/DTM(or whoever) and we will quickly resolve the issue to the customers satisfaction".

If that had been posted directly after HGR initial post this thread would be ONE page long....but instead vendors let ego and emotion cloud their judgement/logic.....and anyone with any type of business acumen should know that emotion has very little place IN business (it is there as passion/enthusiasm for cars). Just my .02

p.s. I really, really want to get the iCarbon trunk and diffuser so Setian I will be hitting you up in a couple months (IF you have stock ON HAND...don't want a drop-shipment).
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #104
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Perhaps a touch offtopic, but how easy is it to take off the stock rear spoiler and install the ICarbon CF trunk spoiler in its place? And how strong is the install with just the tape thats already on the spoiler that they give you?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #105
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Well I've been an iCarbon customer from Day 1. Out of everyone in the first group buy I was probably one of the guys that waited the longest to receive my carbon lip, diffuser and mirrors being in Australia. Then there were issues with fitment which iCarbon resolved at their own expense but I had to wait longer.

Next I was also involved in the group buy for the carbon fiber iCarbon M3 hood (without vents) and things have seemed to drag out forever. My name is on the original group buy list and now I'm told they are sold out and I can no longer buy that hood. I don't understand the meaning of group buy, I'm just disappointed I've had to wait this long because each one of my emails is responded to days or weeks later, and sometimes never at all. Then I'm told, sorry we are sold out? Hang on, wasn't I in the original group buy like everyone else? Sorry for my vent.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #106
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Sure iCarbon no longer deals with the customer service side anymore but it shouldn't take away their responsibilities to those who purchased from them.
They don't deal with customer service any more because they fucked up. big time.

and then they didn't own up to it. i haven't seen a single "sorry" but what i have seen was them throwing uncalled-for accusations at HondaGoneRogue. DTM Rack had to apologize FOR them (great vendor btw )

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post

You don't drop it until the issue is addressed and/or fixed. I read this entire thread and not once have I seen iCarbon OR Setian (DTMrack) say that "yes there were some QC issues with some isolated pieces, we have looked at our manufacturing process and are taking steps to eliminate those issues and prevent them from happening again. If anyone has a problem with their current iCarbon item pleas PM xxxx@icarbon/DTM(or whoever) and we will quickly resolve the issue to the customers satisfaction".

Exactly. I'm still waiting to hear definitive word that when I order my CF trunk, if I end up ordering an iCarbon trunk, how long will I have to wait? Are the build quality issues 100% addressed? Fitment issues? Weird finish issues? I know DTM Rack will have my back, but I'd rather not even have to worry about problems before I even get the product, I want some peace of mind.. and even reading all this I sort of have it.. but not everything has been resolved and I don't think HGR or anyone else (including me) is in the wrong for continuing to ask questions until it is resolved 100%

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #107
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Guess what guys. I'm starting to find those hazy spots on my iCarbon trunk that everyone was talking about. Awesome.... I have the iCarbon front lip, hood, diffuser, and trunk. The only piece that came out well and fits like it is supposed to is the rear diffuser.

Don't even toot their "superior quality" horn. It's not just their customer service that is lacking.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #108
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Holy Smokes....Glad i did not have issues with iCarbon except for a extended wait on a couple items....they CF finally came and i LOVE my DRY CF.. iCarbon also were nice enough to open up a 2nd GB on there CF portfolio after the 1st GB closed for folks who got in late..like me....but i feel for the folks who have issues with the wait and quality control...When we buy a new mod for a $40,000 car we should expect it to be 99-100% perfect or damn close...especially for a BIG item like a hood or trunk that would be a BIG pain in ass to send back for repair,.... labor and shipping wise..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #109
jmr_70
Private
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 135i, 325i

Sounds like a bitch session in here.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #110
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!