Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Not sure if you are totally serious here!? It's cool that you love your ride and all, but do you really think M3 guys feel the need to modify their cars when they see a 1M, just to try to be as cool, that was a strange comment, just hope it was just humour!

I also find it funny how you seem to think the 1M is much cooler then anything short of a supercar while two 1M owners that I know(who seem to be more in touch with reality then you are) drool over my M3 everytime they see it(not saying the M3 is cooler), they must not know that BMW built the 1M as the mecca of all M cars, and decided to sell it the same price as a 335i!

But seriously, I like the 1M, my friend has a white one, it's nice, but I find it strange that while I want to keep my M3 forever(not to make money out of the last N/A M car, just to have fun driving it ), he wants to sell it after only tree years of ownership to get into a Cayman, I wonder what he did'nt understood that you have, maybe he does'nt live for the image and just want a better car instead of a rarer car. :

Anyway, I find it pretty sad that having the big head seems to be a common trend for some 1M owners in this forum(if you feel it's not your case, then I'm probably not speaking of you ), wonder if it's the Napoleon complex or just the huge price on the used market that does that but in all case, it makes it very hard to speak your mind on this little car when people get so diffensive about it for no reason. :

Here's me and my friend at a track day a couple years ago and us again at an air strip event this summer, hard to tell that the 1M has so much more cool factor then the M3, even more so when you ear them running!

BTW I love the 1M, specially when I have the chance to play with one on a straight!
I'm probably not the only one to sell my E90 M3 for a 1M and have no regrets; I drive 98% of miles on the street and find it to be much more fun (oddly, better built as well) and just as much fun at the track. To each his own.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 05:40 AM   #134
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
agreed the 1M's handling is totally different than 135. It's about as different as the handling is between a 335 and an M3. Nothing alike...

In a few years there will be 'bubble' 1Ms selling with less than 500 miles for over $100k. The attraction towards the 1M will continue to grow....i am hoping the M2 is a great car, as that will only feed the roots of the 1M being the origins of the 'modern M car"....which it is.

I'm fine with that...my 1M will probably have over 100k miles by then (already at 50k) and then i can take a stroll into my garage like i do now...just to stare at it...and brush its alcantara steering wheel as a reward to the legend growing! lol

That being said...i don't care much about 2nd hand pricing anymore. I am never selling mine so it doesn't really matter. For the time being there's pretty much nothing i'd rather be driving...it ticks every box. Call me a fanboy...i don't care. This car deserves a following....which it already has!
No one should have commented after this comment^
But they did and all I will say on the matter is that I have never driven a more rounded (not perfect) car in my life. I've never been happier with a car and the price wether it goes up or down is of no concern as il not sell unless I'm forced, and even if the price has dropped £10000 or whatever It wouldn't be the first car I've lost money on and it won't be the last but, what a time I had while I had it..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #135
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post

Note to everyone: jhall1957's opinion is the only valid opinion.
Now that we have that straightened out....

...... Bradley, feel free to contact me directly for my advise!
      01-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #136
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
I'm probably not the only one to sell my E90 M3 for a 1M and have no regrets; I drive 98% of miles on the street and find it to be much more fun (oddly, better built as well) and just as much fun at the track. To each his own.
+1

I sold my e9x M3 to get my 1M, and I have no regrets. I enjoy driving the 1M much more so than my M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #137
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Just curious, you plan to later buy an M2 and one day sell it while always keeping the 1M, because it's THAT fun, does that mean you think the M2 will be less fun then your 1M, serious question?!
No I dont think the M2 will be less fun. it may be, but I dont think that, time will tell. Im not planning to replace the "less fun" car. I do KNOW though that the M2 will get driven daily and will need to be replaced because of the mileage and wear and tear that the 1M will not have. Also, the M2 will have a better replacement so I will want to upgrade.

The 2 is being purchased for a different purpose and will fulfill a different role. The 1 is stripped because I dont like electronics that will be dated such as NAV. I bought that car planning to keep it. Go look at which examples of E46s are fetching more dollars (stripped ones and manual ones). The 2 will be loaded for convenience and comfort.

Different needs... different solutions... different outcomes
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #138
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova
Quote:
Just curious, you plan to later buy an M2 and one day sell it while always keeping the 1M, because it's THAT fun, does that mean you think the M2 will be less fun then your 1M, serious question?!
No I dont think the M2 will be less fun. it may be, but I dont think that, time will tell. Im not planning to replace the "less fun" car. I do KNOW though that the M2 will get driven daily and will need to be replaced because of the mileage and wear and tear that the 1M will not have. Also, the M2 will have a better replacement so I will want to upgrade.

The 2 is being purchased for a different purpose and will fulfill a different role. The 1 is stripped because I dont like electronics that will be dated such as NAV. I bought that car planning to keep it. Go look at which examples of E46s are fetching more dollars (stripped ones and manual ones). The 2 will be loaded for convenience and comfort.

I probably just misunderstood what you meant by: The 1M? That'll still be in my garage "because" its THAT much fun to drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #139
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post

I would agree with that.

If you have the room and means to afford both cars, then it makes sense to do what you are doing. I was looking at some e46 M3's and the ones with manual seats and no sunroofs are a lot harder to find and usually more expensive. I guess the track junkies look for those cars and that is what drives prices up. And you are right, it makes no sense to get a NAV in a car that you plan on holding on for decades, because it will be outdated and be more of a nuisance by that time.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #140
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post

Yes! On top of the practical and weight consideration I find the cleaner more focused cockpits more attractive than the current cockpits which will surely come on the M2 which is why I say that if I can't get another 1M, I will settle for M2 because I can only afford one nice car at a time. I spend hours looking at car ads and I find it amusing how many tout Loaded as a great and special thing when in fact the strippers are rare and in the case of M cars return as much or more down the road because they appeal to guys like me and have less to break when out of warranty. The fact is Loaded cars are commonplace and nothing special and the likelihood of not being able to get a stripped M2 without all the fluff is a turn-off for me and makes those stripper 1Ms S P E C I A L even if M2 is faster, better it will always be somewhat compromised by stuff that doesn't improve the driving experience. I want to Drive not iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #141
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

I love my 1M.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #142
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I love my 1M.
I can't find a better way to put it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #143
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I love my 1M.
And the feeling is mutual, I presume ?
      01-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #144
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
I love my 1M.

1 love my 1m and all my M's have been awesome ....
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #145
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
1 love my 1m and all my M's have been awesome ....
Same here but the there's something about the 1M that sets it above the rest.

Not quite sure how to quantify it but I know it's there as the smile it puts on my face when driving it is by far the most intense.

“Giggity Giggity Goo”
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #146
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
And the feeling is mutual, I presume ?
Well, she's good to me so... And some times we kiss...so what...wanna fight about it?!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #147
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes! On top of the practical and weight consideration I find the cleaner more focused cockpits more attractive than the current cockpits which will surely come on the M2 which is why I say that if I can't get another 1M, I will settle for M2 because I can only afford one nice car at a time. I spend hours looking at car ads and I find it amusing how many tout Loaded as a great and special thing when in fact the strippers are rare and in the case of M cars return as much or more down the road because they appeal to guys like me and have less to break when out of warranty. The fact is Loaded cars are commonplace and nothing special and the likelihood of not being able to get a stripped M2 without all the fluff is a turn-off for me and makes those stripper 1Ms S P E C I A L even if M2 is faster, better it will always be somewhat compromised by stuff that doesn't improve the driving experience. I want to Drive not iDrive.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #148
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
+1
++1
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #149
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep

wow, 7 pages...
Just my opinions here, do the 1M needs any justifcation? From anyone that's not an owner?? 7 pages just from a piston head review that escalate to this. I do enjoy reading it all though. Respect each others opinions, and lets not put down other platforms until they come out. Its all about different strokes for different folks, I on the other hand like to stroke the 1M..simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:11 AM   #150
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep

FIRSTM It got to 7 pages because it got a front page (Bimmerpost) highlight a few days back ...
Appreciate 0