11-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #177
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappymangooze View Post
Hello, the same just happened to me last night in the Uk As well just north of hyde park.
BMW doesn't care, I posted a message on BMW UK's fan club thinking that enthousiast might want to help, but they turned my message down. This is so sad. I saw the care leaving from the 6th floor. I jumped to the window as soon as I heard its noise and called the police immediately. They got there in less than 5 minutes. I'm really sad, Poor baby.
Very sorry to hear about this mate.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #178
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Hello, the same just happened to me last night in the Uk As well just north of hyde park.
BMW doesn't care, I posted a message on BMW UK's fan club thinking that enthousiast might want to help, but they turned my message down. This is so sad. I saw the care leaving from the 6th floor. I jumped to the window as soon as I heard its noise and called the police immediately. They got there in less than 5 minutes. I'm really sad, Poor baby.
Sorry to hear this. It must be horrible to see this happening in realtime or even on OP's video.

It infuriates me, that BMW takes no ownership of what is clearly a grave security oversight. FI why aren't other than X5/6 owners contacted or offered a coding upgrade. Shame on you Bayern!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:18 AM   #179
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
I also live in Europe and couldn't sleep at night, waiting for the sound of broken glass so i moved my OBD port and installed a dead dummy port....now they have no choice but to open the door if they want to connect to the OBD and hopefully my alarm will go off buying me some time to get an law enforcer of some sort!!! Like a baseball bat!!!
      11-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #180
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
I also live in Europe and couldn't sleep at night, waiting for the sound of broken glass so i moved my OBD port and installed a dead dummy port....now they have no choice but to open the door if they want to connect to the OBD and hopefully my alarm will go off buying me some time to get an law enforcer of some sort!!! Like a baseball bat!!!
Someone should come up with a dummy OBD port connected to a 120v ac inverter that would fry their hacking box with a nice blast of 120 volts ac.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #181
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Ohh man, sorry to hear this! I really feel for you. I hope you're well covered against theft. I know it doesn't bring much comfort but at least it won't be a total loss.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #182
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
+1 hopefully the dummy port should be enough to defer them from spending too much time trying to figure out whats up. I think time is everything with these... They bank on getting the key coded and driving away quickly and under a couple of minutes, I cant seem them standing there for 10 minutes trying to take apart the dash panels looking for an OBD port... knock on wood
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #183
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Someone should come up with a dummy OBD port connected to a 120v ac inverter that would fry their hacking box with a nice blast of 120 volts ac.
Very tempting idea. But, they could get furious and give more and bad damage to the car (that costed them) just because of this.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #184
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Hello, the same just happened to me last night in the UK as well, just north of Hyde Park.
BMW doesn't care, I posted a message on BMW UK's fan club thinking that enthusiast might want to help, but they turned my message down. This is so sad. I saw the car leaving from the 6th floor. I jumped to the window as soon as I heard its noise and called the police immediately. They got there in less than 5 minutes. I'm really sad, Poor baby.
Devastating news. Truly sorry. I recall your 1M is BSM, which is the rarest of the three colors. So maybe you have some chance that it might be retrieved (although it risks to be hidden somewhere in a car box as we speak, shortly prepped for export outside Europe).
      11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #185
LuuZ
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Damn so sad Slappy.......Courage mec :-(
      11-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #186
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
I presume you've got a LHD car. Did the alarm go off?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #187
Slappymangooze
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
I presume you've got a LHD car. Did the alarm go off?
Hello all, sorry for keeping silent. It's been a busy week. I'm doing an MBA here in London, it keeps me away of this concern (which is a good thing, I didn't slept for two days and I kept hearing the sweet noise of that exhaust in my head).
Got some news from the police, They did not say anything except that, "there is few chance that you will find it. It's probably an order, and it's being shipped somewhere in Africa or any other place where they don't care about the papers.

The alarm did not went off. They opened the car somehow.

I am well covered by my insurance. I'm considering maybe buy a second had 1m with the same mileage approx as mine 35k Km, and turn it into a mean monster, More secure also.

Anybody can MP me and suggest somewhere to install this: Dark grey wrap, glossy black rims, carbon fiber spoiler, KW 3 remotely commanded, AP or similar 6/4 calipers brakes, Akrapovic and OBD tune, Plus the most secure and illegal cyanure injecting anti theft system and a flame thrower.

I tried to play it settled, I was nice, it was a discrete car. Now I will be mean. Lets call this car Phoenix.
      11-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #188
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Morning Slappy

Glad to hear your taking it well and already looking ahead

I think the best chance to find another one real qiuck is nextdoor in Germany.

Cant wait to see your new little "monster"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #189
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Hello all, sorry for keeping silent. It's been a busy week. I'm doing an MBA here in London, it keeps me away of this concern (which is a good thing, I didn't slept for two days and I kept hearing the sweet noise of that exhaust in my head).
Got some news from the police, They did not say anything except that, "there is few chance that you will find it. It's probably an order, and it's being shipped somewhere in Africa or any other place where they don't care about the papers.

The alarm did not went off. They opened the car somehow.

I am well covered by my insurance. I'm considering maybe buy a second had 1m with the same mileage approx as mine 35k Km, and turn it into a mean monster, More secure also.

Anybody can MP me and suggest somewhere to install this: Dark grey wrap, glossy black rims, carbon fiber spoiler, KW 3 remotely commanded, AP or similar 6/4 calipers brakes, Akrapovic and OBD tune, Plus the most secure and illegal cyanure injecting anti theft system and a flame thrower.

I tried to play it settled, I was nice, it was a discrete car. Now I will be mean. Lets call this car Phoenix.
Good to hear your planned resolve. KW 3 with RC is an excellent choice and untill you get them, I wish you sweet dreams about your Phoenix instead of the sleeplessness. For the record was your 1M indeed build before September 2011?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #190
arttvendelay
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

very tough to watch
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #191
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Can you guys(outside the UK) still watch this BBC video?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00z4309

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #192
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1 Series M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Can you guys(outside the UK) still watch this BBC video?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00z4309

yup working working here in the USA
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #193
And1M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk

Wow so easy and less then 3 min your car is gone. So hard to watch and the device only cost 1-8k.

Last edited by And1M3; 12-17-2012 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #194
1Mer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Fixed!

This morning, my Dealer applied the official BMW fix for the OBD socket blank key programming problem. It took about 1hr although beforehand they said they might need it for upto 2 days "if it doesn't go smoothly".

They said it blocked access to the CAS network - if that means anything to anybody?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #195
e82n54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i 6MT Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mer View Post
This morning, my Dealer applied the official BMW fix for the OBD socket blank key programming problem. It took about 1hr although beforehand they said they might need it for upto 2 days "if it doesn't go smoothly".

They said it blocked access to the CAS network - if that means anything to anybody?
Is this available in the US also?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #196
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Wow. So you took your Belgian 1M to the UK and it was stolen there? Strange, as obviously your steering wheel is on the other side so not your usual target vehicle. But then again, they don't really care in Africa what side the steering wheel is on
Appreciate 0