BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

11-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #45
Monster335is
Waking up from hybernation
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
AlpineMS I assume? I don't know AlpineSS...

Alex@Alpine is one of the best vendors I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

I have an OE Tune on my M3, and I'm more than satisfied with it.

Monster135...why is your username so damn familiar?

IIRC..i think I got DPE rims from you a while ago??? Don't want to mention your name publicly, but it starts with a N?
Alex@Alpine has nothing to do with this. So let me make that clear one last time. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. The Alex that I refer to in my post is Alex from Gintani. I'm glad you're satisfied. I'm not saying all their tunes are bad. I'm sure there are a lot of satisfied customers out there. I'm just not one of them.
      11-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #46
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster135 View Post
Alex@Alpine has nothing to do with this. So let me make that clear one last time. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. The Alex that I refer to in my post is Alex from Gintani. I'm glad you're satisfied. I'm not saying all their tunes are bad. I'm sure there are a lot of satisfied customers out there. I'm just not one of them.
I know he doesn't.... I was just correcting the AlpineSS to AlpineMS.... and stating that he's a great guy. I never stated that he has anything to do with Gintani, OE, you, this instance etc. Why are you getting so defensive dude?

I know very well Alex@Gintani and Alex@Alpine are two completely different people.

I have spoken to Alex@G probably only a handful of times, but I speak to Alex@A somewhat regularly. He has never done me any wrong, and has only done what he can to help me and my friends out.

I never mentioned that he was part of this ordeal. Not once. So don't get so angry. You are making incorrect assumptions. We (well I) am not here to fight you, argue with you, disagree with you, etc; why are you so angry?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #47
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

dunno why everyones jumpin on the OP. what happened was pretty shady on gintani's part, regardless of how trusting (and to some, foolish) OP was. hope you get your car sorted out.
      11-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #48
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I know he doesn't.... I was just correcting the AlpineSS to AlpineMS.... and stating that he's a great guy. I never stated that he has anything to do with Gintani, OE, you, this instance etc. Why are you getting so defensive dude?

I know very well Alex@Gintani and Alex@Alpine are two completely different people.

I have spoken to Alex@G probably only a handful of times, but I speak to Alex@A somewhat regularly. He has never done me any wrong, and has only done what he can to help me and my friends out.

I never mentioned that he was part of this ordeal. Not once. So don't get so angry. You are making incorrect assumptions. We (well I) am not here to fight you, argue with you, disagree with you, etc; why are you so angry?
Sorry bro just a little heated. I didn't mean to take it out on you. I apologize for that. Alex@Alpine is a great guy. I just didn't want him to get involved in this.
      11-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #49
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
dunno why everyones jumpin on the OP. what happened was pretty shady on gintani's part, regardless of how trusting (and to some, foolish) OP was. hope you get your car sorted out.
Thank you bro. I appreciate that.
      11-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #50
Monster335is
Rep

Mods please delete/close this thread. Talking to Gintani to resolve this matter. Thanks.
      11-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #51
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

Quote:
Mods please delete/close this thread. Talking to Gintani to resolve this matter. Thanks.
I think the damage is done my friend!
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #52
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
LOL. Why delete it? Is the stuff you posted not true? Wow, some people never learn. I thought you wanted to warn people? Why not update on what they do for you?

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #53
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just wanted the community to see what I’ve gone through in dealing with Gintani. Hopefully no one else has to experience what I’ve experienced.
And now:

Quote:

Some peoples kids.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #54
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
And now:

Some peoples kids.
I'm gonna give Arno a chance to talk and explain things. If things don't work out. The thread will be re-opened. That's all.
      11-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #55
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Don't close this thread, I keep coming to it checking as if there's a new episode to a mini-series such as Spartacus.

So many twists to the story.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #56
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm gonna give Arno a chance to talk and explain things. If things don't work out. The thread will be re-opened. That's all.
You are the umpteenth person to have them talk thier way out of stuff. But to be fair, he does have a right to his side of the story. I think, in my limited knowledge of this situation, that the best thing they could do is own up to what they haven't and apologize. Any excuse (even if it's valid) will still come off as an excuse. Just my .02.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #57
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #58
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

I know Gintani has no legal responsibility, due to you not drawing up a contract, to replace your DME but they should be. It would be the "right" thing to do but we will see if they can talk their way out of it.
      11-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #59
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
You are the umpteenth person to have them talk thier way out of stuff. But to be fair, he does have a right to his side of the story. I think, in my limited knowledge of this situation, that the best thing they could do is own up to what they haven't and apologize. Any excuse (even if it's valid) will still come off as an excuse. Just my .02.
No one is talking their way out of anything. Just talking and trying to resolve this situation. Should it have been done earlier yes. All I'm doing is just giving them a chance to explain their side.
      11-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #60
Raz@Gintani
Rep
Drives: E92- MR M3

Quote:
" Two years ago I was introduced to Alex and Arno, the owners of Gintani. At the time my car was running a JB3 2.0. After hanging out at the shop we started discussing the possibility of testing out their twin turbo setup for the N54 on my car. After some consideration I decided against it. Instead I proposed they create a complete turboback for 135i since their exhausts were really popular at the time and I was looking for a set of downpipes. We went back and forth for a week and I dropped my car off to have the exhaust fabricated and installed. "

Everything stated in this paragraph is true.This car was dropped off at our shop by the owner Navid and had the JB3 previously installed by another shop, before the vehicle was in our possesion.

Quote:
" During this time I stopped by Gintani to check on the car’s progress. Upon arriving at Gintani I saw the engine bay was completely taken apart with wires hanging out everywhere. At that time I didn’t think anything was wrong so I left without asking any questions. I trusted Gintani, my first mistake. A few days later I came back to the shop to pick up the car. Upon arriving Arno informed me that they had removed my JB3 and installed their own custom flash on the car. He told me that they wanted me to test out the new flash to help them develop it for the N54 market by giving them my feedback. "

The statement made about the engine bay and wires,is completelty false. The only thing that was apart in the engine bay was the cover for the DME to uninstall the JB3,which evryone knows how simple of a task that is. Also Navid was fully aware and had spoken to us about removing the JB3 and letting us use his car to test a high boost beta file. We did not develope a N54 tune on his car,we already had a N54 tune a year or so before we ever met this costumer.We have plenty of costumers running our N54 tune with no issues.The file that was being tested on this car upon his approval was a development file for 18psi boost. The wires he's referring to were the two connector plugs we disconnected for the DME (ECU). We also disconnected the battery terminals, so no power would be present to the modules in the vehicle to avoid any damages since we were fabricating(wielding) a custom exhaust on the vehicle.

Quote:
" Arno assured me that flash was completely safe. Again because I trusted Gintani I agreed to keep the flash on the car. After driving the car home I started immediately noticing problems. At full throttle the car would go into limp mode. So I called Alex and headed back down to Gintani to have Jeremy take a look at the car. During a test drive with Alex the car went into limp mode again. We went back to the shop and Jeremy reflashed the car assuring me that the problem had been fixed. "
Yes this is true, the vehicle was going into limp mode. But again, the owner of the vehicle was well aware that this high boost tune was still in the development stage. It was never finished on this vehicle due to the fact that the vehicle had a high pressure fuel pump failure, as it's known to happen on several stock n54 motors from the factory.

Quote:
" Upon pulling out of the Gintani’s driveway my passenger’s side fender completely buckled. This was a brand new car. The passenger side fender had not sustained any damage before this incident. After taking the car to a local body shop, the owner informed me that the fender had been hit and was straightened out to appear as if no damage had ever occurred. I paid $600 out of pocket to have the fender fixed. I never brought up the issue with Alex or Arno even though my car was in their possession, my second mistake. "
The owner of the vehicle pulling out of our driveway and damaging his own fender is not our responsibility. There were numerous times where the owner driving in and out, would scrap and hit his fenders with his wheels. The vehicle had an aggressive drop, with very aggressive custom offset wheels. After several times of him damaging his vehicle, he eventually asked Alex to pull his vehicle in and out of the driveway due to the fact that he could not. If the fender was ever damaged by us, he would be the first to know. If he suspected we damaged or repaired the fender, why did he wait a year and a half to bring it up? For the record, the fender was never damaged or repaired by Gintani.

Quote:
" After getting the car back from the body shop I continued testing their new flash. During this time the car went into limp mode several more times. Again Jeremy reflashed the car assuring me that the problem was fixed. Two weeks later my fuel pump gave out. So I went to Gintani to have flash removed so that I could take the car to the dealer. I also asked if they could remove the turboback so that I wouldn’t face any warranty issues. They grudgingly agreed. "
Again, the owner was well aware the high boost tune in his vehicle was still in the development stages and was never completed 100%. One of the main reasons the car kept going into limp mode was because of the high pressure fuel pump going out. The vehicle was giving several high pressure fuel pump faults. As I mentioned before, this is a common failure in the n54 motors. BMW acknowledges this and has even extended the warranty for the high pressure fuel system for 7 years/ 100,000 miles.

Quote:
" Once my fuel pump was replaced I never went back to have the flash re-installed. Over the past year the car has been stock with the exception of the Gintani turboback. Several weeks ago my car started experiencing serious issues. The car would shut off and not turn back on. I thought that I experienced another fuel pump failure. So I had the car towed to a dealer where my friend works to have him take a look at it. "
This obviously has nothing to do with us. The vehicle ran fine for a year.

Quote:
" Two days later I received a call asking me if I had ever touched the DME. I informed him that I had not. He asked if anyone else might have touched the DME. I said the only time that the car was out of my control was when it was at Gintani. He informed me that my DME was throwing multiple error codes and that all the wiring had been taken out and was not properly reinstalled and/or was completely damaged. He attempted to fix the car, but informed me that the car might experience more problems in the future and may require a new DME due to all the damage it had sustained. Over the past several weeks the car has been in and out of the dealer due to the same problem. I’ve spent over $1,000.00 trying to get the car fixed. "
Again, the vehicle drove fine for over a year. The high pressure fuel pump was replaced and the vehicle software was flashed by the dealer back to stock. We have nothing to do with the wiring or the DME being damaged due to the fact that we flash vehicles via OBD II port. All we did was remove the JB3 as requested by the owner, which as many of you know is a simple task. The JB3 was installed by a different shop previously. If there was a problem with the DME or the wiring, the car would have obviously not run well for as long as it did, and would have been giving problems immediately.

Quote:
" Now you might be asking yourself how this is related to Gintani. Simple, Alex wanted to create a new tune for the N54 turbo kit he was looking to develop. He had another car lined up, a 335, to test out the kit besides mine. Jeremy needed a base file for the tune so they broke into my DME without my knowledge or consent and in the process severely damaged it. I never agreed to be a guinea pig. I trusted these guys because I thought they were professional and competent, that was my third mistake. At no time did they step forward and acknowledge damaging my fender or my DME. "
There is no reason to break into the DME to get a read of the original file. This is simply done via OBD II port. Gintani never needed such a thing as a base file. Gintani has tuned several n54 motors to know all versions of the software on this vehicle and where all maps are located in the software code. "I never agreed to be a guinea pig." He was never a guinea pig. He agreed to try out the high boost file on his vehicle. "At no time did they step forward and acknowledge damaging my fender or my DME. " Gintani was unaware of any damages claimed here until recently coming across this thread.

Quote:
" Like many of you I used to believe Alex and Arno were good guys and that they could be trusted. I promoted their business every chance I got and defended their reputation whenever someone attacked them. Now, I truly regret that. I wrote this with no agenda. I’m sure after reading this Gintani and their fan boys will attempt to discredit me in any way they can. That’s fine. I’ve accepted that. I just wanted the community to see what I’ve gone through in dealing with Gintani. Hopefully no one else has to experience what I’ve experienced. "
We are only stating the facts. If there was ever a problem with one of our customers, we always do everything in our power to grant their satisfaction. If a customer does not contact a company and let them know of the problems they are facing, how does an uninformed company resolve an issue, if any?

We have stated the facts and our side of the story, therefore we will no longer be following this thread. We also have spoken to this customer, and he is free to state how this situation has been handle. If anyone else has any questions, please contact us directly. (818) 787-8260
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #61
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Wow, the plot thickens...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #62
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
wow
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #63
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
Don't close this thread, I keep coming to it checking as if there's a new episode to a mini-series such as Spartacus.

So many twists to the story.
I can't wait for season 2.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #64
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Thanks for posting Raz. It's always nice to have both sides of the story.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #65
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Both of you need really need to chill out, it's just a internet forum.

When are you ever going to drop this ESS vs Gintani thing. It's getting old. We get it.
Closed Thread