E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > First Ever UK Meet - Sign Up Here!!

04-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #353
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
High speed cruising speed 833km/h (450kt). Service ceiling 37,000ft.
ERJ-145ER - Range with 50 passengers at long range cruising speed 2445km (1320nm).
ERJ-145LR - Range with 50 passengers at long range cruising speed 2870km (1550nm).

...so...what's the plan to get another 34 or so meet members??
Get a C17 and take the cars!

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #354
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilBurner
Get a C17 and take the cars!
Hahahaha!
Let's do it Matt!

BTW- our avatars are looking tastier by the day!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 05:42 AM   #355
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
I particularly like Paul’s avatar – excellent camera work there!

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 05:52 AM   #356
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Thank you Matt for the picture and Viv for making the Avatar.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #357
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
However, we still need to sort the music- votes now please!
Theme from "Jaws"
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #358
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
italian job theme is quote catchy brit flick and cars
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #359
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
And, you Brits with all your "ala carte" options! Nowhere in the BMWNA-offered packages was there a toaster, a microwave or a soda stream. Durn it! I got ripped off!! I'm off to write a complaint letter (mumble ... blasted BMWNA ... mumble ... diesels ... mumble ... options ... mumble ... mumble ... twitch)...

Marilyn
Here's a story about Options!

At a stop light, a Rolls Royce was stopped next to a Yugo. The Yugo driver rolled down his window and said to the Rolls owner, "Nice car. Does it have a stereo with CD? Mine does." The Rolls owner replied, "Yes, I have a CD." The Yugo driver said, "Well, does it have a cell phone? Mine does." The Rolls owner said, "Yes, I've got a cell phone." The driver in the Yugo then said, "Does it have a TV? I have a color TV in the back. " The Rolls owner, a bit peeved at this one-upsmanship replied, "Of course I have a TV. This is the best, most luxurious car in the world." The Yugo driver then said, "I've got a bed in the back of my car. Do you have a bed in the back?" The Rolls owner couldn't counter that. The light changed.

The Rolls driver was upset that that Yugo had something he didn't so he drove straight over to the Rolls dealer and demanded that a bed be installed in the back of his car.

The next day, the Rolls owner went and picked up his car. He was really pleased with the new bed in the back and drove around looking for the guy in the Yugo. Hours went by but he finally found the Yugo.

As he approached the Yugo, he noticed that the windows were all fogged up from the inside. He knocked on the window but got no response. Then he pounded on the door. The window rolled down and the Yugo owner stuck he head out, his head soaking wet.

The Rolls driver announced to the Yugo driver that his car now had a bed in the back. The Yugo driver replied, "What?! You got me out of the shower to tell me THAT?!"
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #360
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Flyingdwarf,

Try not to damage that number plate frame on the front of your M sport. I checked into getting one to replace the yankee doodle on the front of mine and that itty bitty frame runs £92!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #361
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

Quote:
ERJ-145ER - Range with 50 passengers at long range cruising speed 2445km (1320nm).
ERJ-145LR - Range with 50 passengers at long range cruising speed 2870km (1550nm).

Wow, someone has been doing their homework. Must admit the hold is a little small to put the E90s in though, so the C17 might be a better option. Plus someone else can do the flying then!

Oilburner, you are right though we might need to make a couple of stops to get to Hong Kong, unless we get the Diesel powered version. That one can go round the world 4 times without refueling.
      04-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #362
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha!
However, we still need to sort the music- votes now please!
OK, so here is a little list of possible songs (note UK link and not in any way related to Take That!!):

Stereophonics – Have a nice day
Stereophonics – Dakota
Stereophonics – Maybe tomorrow
Foo fighters – Best of You
Foo fighters – Times Like These
Foo fighters – Learn to Fly
Blur – song 2
The Verve – Lucky Man, Bitter Sweet Symphony

Just a couple of ideas of course. I was listening to The Verce, Bitter Sweet Symphony, just the last couple of days, and I started to get my production mind going (not that I have ever produced anything in my life). Pictured the video with some stills at the start, and maybe some shots of the cars driving slowly by in the car park while the violins build up, before a proper action clip - fast moving cars or some such thing - as the rest of the music kicks in! I think we need to get a list of songs together then have a poll and peoples thoughts.

Dermot
      04-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #363
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Flyingdwarf,

Try not to damage that number plate frame on the front of your M sport. I checked into getting one to replace the yankee doodle on the front of mine and that itty bitty frame runs £92!!!!
Will do. Dont fancy coughing up for another one of them. Forgot to check if it was standard on the M Sport bumper. At least I will know who has it if it goes missing!

FD
      04-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #364
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdwarf
Wow, someone has been doing their homework. Must admit the hold is a little small to put the E90s in though, so the C17 might be a better option. Plus someone else can do the flying then!

Oilburner, you are right though we might need to make a couple of stops to get to Hong Kong, unless we get the Diesel powered version. That one can go round the world 4 times without refueling.
You're also safe from my work.... I spent a summer writing software for Messier-Dowty to model landing gear shock absorbers back in my Uni days, but Embraer don't use them.

Watch out if you ever move to an Airbus!!!

I think the only diesel powered aircraft so far are a few experimental light aircraft. What you really want is a ramjet

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #365
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
You're also safe from my work.... I spent a summer writing software for Messier-Dowty to model landing gear shock absorbers back in my Uni days, but Embraer don't use them.
Only because none are strong enough for my landings! Who turned the gravity up?

Quote:
I think the only diesel powered aircraft so far are a few experimental light aircraft. What you really want is a ramjet
Hmmm, Mach 6. Only managed to get Mach 2 out of the Embraer.
      04-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #366
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Tony (cntlaw- Hong Kong meet organiser) has congratulated us on a great meet.
Any chance of flying us over there for their next meet Dermot??!!!

All the best.

Viv
Viv,

Please make sure you pm me or RD Sport (Patrick) our HK meet organizer if anyone from your gang comes over to HK. We have enough E90s and drivers to take you guys around.

t
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #367
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:

Not a bad idea, but I hear that the MPG sucks.

We have been stressing the economy of our Diesels to our international cousins. Here's my other mode of transport, which is even more economical than my 320d.

What to you think the thermals would be like on the way to HK?

Definitely nowhere carry the E90 in this however.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2006, 04:41 AM   #368
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d

What to you think the thermals would be like on the way to HK?
Not sure about the thermals, but you should get some good ridge lift from the Urals.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #369
ric1
Deserter - my other car is a VW
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSpt LMB

It's all in the tunes and options

Guys

Great pictures and video. Looking forward to the plush version.

My suggestions for the music, all currently available in the E91 music lounge on wheels:

Boys are back in town - Thin Lizzy (the classic)
Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner (for that Apocolypse Now feel)
Song 2 - Blur (the head banger for the M50 home) :
Countdown to Extinction - Megadeath (the head banger for the true mosh) :rocks:
Bhangra Nights - (sound as good as the advert but look a lot better)
Break Free - Queen (without Freddie in a skirt) :
Somebody told me - The Killers (the big entry theme of 2005)
Cool Britannia - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band (the Brit Cool theme)
Insomnia - Faithless (the one to get the bass woofer on the E91 really rumbling)
Black Devil Car - Jamiroquai (nearly got a black E91 because of this song, he wrote it about his black Enzo)
I predict a riot - Kaiserchiefs (a menacing anthem from the Yorkshire boys, it does suit a 3 series)
Hitchin' a ride - Green Day (just a cool back road tune)
MC Hammer - U can't touch this (nuff zed)
Sailor - Girls, Girls, Girls (there were lots of fine E90 and E91 ladies there on Saturday)
Rush Hour Soul - Supergrass (for the moment after you have just blown away a Merc 190 2.5 cossy without realising it - deja vu!)
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me - U2 (that's what the E90 will do to you, the E91 version includes karry me)

I have these and more on a playlist currently on continual loop in the car. The best BMW option, the iPod link.

The only option that none of you had was the extra couple grands worth of metal on the back. That must surely count as a serious optional extra!!!!

Looking forward to the next meet!

Ric
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #370
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Ric, some nice ideas there for musac.

I forgot to tell you all what happened to me on the way down south on monday. This is more relevant for Paul, Viv and Floyd as they were driving with me at the time down to the meet and witnessed me allmost get wiped out by some crazy bird undertaking me, missing the nose of my car by inches, then abusing me. . Well, it happened again. almost exactly the same thing. Woman, in a Fiesta joins the A1, shes in the inside lane next to me, then suddenly changes into my lane just missing me by inches again. I brake, give her a large portion the the high beam, but she is completely oblivious.

I a now completely paranoid about Fiesta's with women in them (no offense ladies out there - this is not a sexist thing but they do all seem to be trying to remove me from the road). I have now decided to go for the new Road Angel which is designed to warn you about Fiesta drivers as well as speed cameras. Anyway, its just a warning guys. Not only do they lurk around the cars in the car park, but they try to take E90s off the road. Watch out for them.
      04-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #371
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I a now completely paranoid about Fiesta's with women in them (no offense ladies out there - this is not a sexist thing but they do all seem to be trying to remove me from the road).
Well done Betty, Dermot passed the tests, you can bring the Fiesta back now....
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 03:47 AM   #372
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Well done Betty, Dermot passed the tests, you can bring the Fiesta back now....
beauforty, I dont believe for one minute you would risk my baby and arrange such a test. I think they should all now be banned from public roads.
      04-29-2006, 03:59 AM   #373
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

OK everyone. I have made a new thread where we can all make our suggestions for the music to be used in the meet video. Follow the link and post your ideas. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Dermot
      04-29-2006, 07:40 AM   #374
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Viv,

Please make sure you pm me or RD Sport (Patrick) our HK meet organizer if anyone from your gang comes over to HK. We have enough E90s and drivers to take you guys around.

t
Thanks very much for that offer Tony- you & your gang are very friendly & courteous.
Looks like the UK gang have some good friends all over the world!
The same offer holds for you all also- just let us know if any Hong Kong members are making plans to come over to the UK.
We'd be more than happy to organise a meet just to celebrate the occasion!

Quote:
Ric, some nice ideas there for musac.

I forgot to tell you all what happened to me on the way down south on monday. This is more relevant for Paul, Viv and Floyd as they were driving with me at the time down to the meet and witnessed me allmost get wiped out by some crazy bird undertaking me, missing the nose of my car by inches, then abusing me. . Well, it happened again. almost exactly the same thing. Woman, in a Fiesta joins the A1, shes in the inside lane next to me, then suddenly changes into my lane just missing me by inches again. I brake, give her a large portion the the high beam, but she is completely oblivious.

I a now completely paranoid about Fiesta's with women in them (no offense ladies out there - this is not a sexist thing but they do all seem to be trying to remove me from the road). I have now decided to go for the new Road Angel which is designed to warn you about Fiesta drivers as well as speed cameras. Anyway, its just a warning guys. Not only do they lurk around the cars in the car park, but they try to take E90s off the road. Watch out for them.
Glad you are ok Dermot- wouldn't want to drive down to another meet without you in the convoy.
My wife reckons the two girls who did this to you Craig, must have thought you were Dermot O'Leary & just wanted a closer look in their rear-view mirrors!
'Just what I reckon...' I told her!

When I have my 'angel eyes' or xenons on, no-one seems to get in my way!
I had to use the 'soak the tailgating bas*ards with the headlight washer' on the drive back from Nottingham though, this morning!
Worked a treat!

...and thanks for starting the UK Meet Video Music thread Craig.

Appreciate 0