BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

11-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
Monster335is
Waking up from hybernation
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
i feel bad for you and i don't ....... all that time you defended these guys you had no positive ground in doing so , cause obviously you would have never put yourself in this situation.....
is this how you Vote too
I defended them because I thought they were an honest competent professional shop. After the whole tune debacle you saw that I disappeared from the forums. I didn't continue defending them. I disassociated myself from Gintani and moved on. When someone approached me at the track asked my opinion I gave them my honest answer.
      11-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster135 View Post
I defended them because I thought they were an honest competent professional shop. After the whole tune debacle you saw that I disappeared from the forums. I didn't continue defending them. I disassociated myself from Gintani and moved on. When someone approached me at the track asked my opinion I gave them my honest answer.
I did notice you disappeared a while ago, and I figured that there
was probably trouble in paradise. *Many of us have noticed this
same pattern with Gintani customers after the deals go bad. *The
only thing that's really hard to get out of my mind is how
strongly you defended Gintani and the personal things you said
against some other guys who tried to do what you're doing now --
tell their own personal experiences and try to warn the public. *
Your experience is already bad enough so let's not rehash the
past. **But have you thought of contacting any of those other guys
and maybe try to burry the hatchet?

One of those guys said he saw you on the track at MFest a while
back and said you were doing really good. *We both hope that you
get your car sorted out and back on the track because it sounds
like you really enjoy being out there...I know I do.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #25
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I'll rehash:
Quote:
Monster135: Again show me facts (i.e. actual owners complaints, emails, etc.) not "this happened but we chose to keep it behind the scenes" BS. Show me one blown motor? You can't because it didn't happen. Right now all the Gintani cars are running Jeremy's tune. Not one single car has has a hiccup! Drew keeps breaking records. Brian's car has OVER 15,000 miles on it! Dean's car, Sammy's car etc. all running without any issues. So if he's the junior tuner you claim he is how come none of those cars have a blown a motor yet? They all run OE Tuning software.

As I said before it's funny how all this "information" about OE Tuning and Gintani comes out now... Unsubstantiated claims made by rival competitors who have a lot gain from their downfall.

For the record I'll be happy to run my car against yours. Come out to Sticky's dyno day. I'll be there. full Gintani turboback and OE tune
Let this be a lesson. Too many people are fanboys and cause a lot of other people heartache when they purchase products that people blindly worship. I can't stand it and it's my pet peeve. Take a look at iCarbon. Same thing. It's usually the buddies that are local, and get the first run of parts. Pay no mind to the guys with the free parts, thier judgement is clouded by free/exclusive stuff.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #26
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
I did notice you disappeared a while ago, and I figured that there
was probably trouble in paradise. *Many of us have noticed this
same pattern with Gintani customers after the deals go bad. *The
only thing that's really hard to get out of my mind is how
strongly you defended Gintani and the personal things you said
against some other guys who tried to do what you're doing now --
tell their own personal experiences and try to warn the public. *
Your experience is already bad enough so let's not rehash the
past. **But have you thought of contacting any of those other guys
and maybe try to burry the hatchet?

One of those guys said he saw you on the track at MFest a while
back and said you were doing really good. *We both hope that you
get your car sorted out and back on the track because it sounds
like you really enjoy being out there...I know I do.
MFest? I haven't been to an MFest event since 2010. Even then I wasn't on the track. I just came out to support Gintani. The last track event I went to was back in July at Willow Springs.

Regarding me burying the hatchet? I never had one to bury. The guys at Gintani were my friends so when ESS fan boys attacked them I defended them. I would do the same for you or anyone else if you were my friend. I wasn't sponsored by Gintani or being payed by them.

Again this was all done out of loyalty. If I knew then what I know I would have never defended them. I truly regret that.
      11-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
I'll rehash:

Let this be a lesson. Too many people are fanboys and cause a lot of other people heartache when they purchase products that people blindly worship. I can't stand it and it's my pet peeve. Take a look at iCarbon. Same thing. It's usually the buddies that are local, and get the first run of parts. Pay no mind to the guys with the free parts, thier judgement is clouded by free/exclusive stuff.
Free parts??? Bwahahahahaha!!!. I paid for the turboback. Again I wasn't sponsored. At no point in time did I receive free parts. If everything was free I would have kept my shut and moved on. I'd have no right to say a ****ing word. Sorry but you have no clue what you're talking about.
      11-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #28
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Did I say you got free parts? So, that's all you took from my post? Awesome. I said what I had to say. If you can't put it together, then sorry for you.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #29
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Edit: I'm not going to get into this. Above is all that needs to be said.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #30
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Let's focus on the real culprit here.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #31
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
People have focused on the culprit. And this dude comes in and starts defending them like they were his grandma. Now, he is the guy singing his sad song, only he wasn't some random customer that doesn't know anything about this stuff. He was right there by their side like a guard dog. And like I said, it happens all the time. I'm just pointing that out. No remorse. If no one knows that Gintani/OE is garbage then, they should research more. I would have never let them touch my car. I read that whole debacle on M5board a long time ago but didn't realize it was the same guy as the OP that was defending them. God the irony. And if he never got anything for free then that means he paid for the OE tune. Which according to him was a "surprise". But in the quote I posted of him, he clearly loved it enough to challenge another tuner with it.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #32
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: aw 135i m sport

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #33
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
People have focused on the culprit. And this dude comes in and starts defending them like they were his grandma. Now, he is the guy singing his sad song, only he wasn't some random customer that doesn't know anything about this stuff. He was right there by their side like a guard dog. And like I said, it happens all the time. I'm just pointing that out. No remorse. If no one knows that Gintani/OE is garbage then, they should research more. I would have never let them touch my car. I read that whole debacle on M5board a long time ago but didn't realize it was the same guy as the OP that was defending them. God the irony. And if he never got anything for free then that means he paid for the OE tune. Which according to him was a "surprise". But in the quote I posted of him, he clearly loved it enough to challenge another tuner with it.
I PAID for the turboback. At no point in time before I picked up the car was a tune discussed. I didn't ask for the tune. I had a JB3 and was perfectly happy with it. Once I came to pick up the car they told they had flashed my car. They told me it was safe and asked me to test it out for them. I agreed to do so as a favor.

Regarding me defending them. Yes I defended them because I thought they were a competent professional shop. I had no idea that my car had been turned into a science project. Once I got my car back from the dealer I distanced myself from them. I didn't come back and continue to defend them like you make it seem. Even recently someone asked me my opinion of them and I gave them an honest answer. I told them about my experience.

Me challenging Eloy was another story. Eloy was throwing Gintani and OE under the bus for his own gain. That's a fact. He had his own agenda. At that time I was still friends with guys at Gintani I wasn't going to let him or anyone trash them for their own gain. Sorry if you were my friend I would do the same thing for you. It's called loyalty.

Regarding me not showing any remorse. I do. At the end of my original post I said I truly regret defending them.
      11-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
And I wasn't bashing you, I was making an example out of the whole situation. Blind faith can create blind loyalty. You just couldn't fathom them doing shady shit when you were on their team, but lo and behold. Again, this happens a lot on car forums. I applaud you for coming forward, but I highlight you as a common problem with people too close to companies.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #35
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
And I wasn't bashing you, I was making an example out of the whole situation. Blind faith can create blind loyalty. You just couldn't fathom them doing shady shit when you were on their team, but lo and behold. Again, this happens a lot on car forums. I applaud you for coming forward, but I highlight you as a common problem with people too close to companies.
In retrospect I was blinded by my friendship. I was naive. I thought people were just out to trash them and because of my loyal nature I defended them. Trust me knowing what I know now I would do things completely differently. Hopefully my experience saves someone else from going through the same thing.
      11-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #36
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Not surprised! Sorry, but you made your bed and now you have to sleep in it. Sometimes karma just bites you in the ballz. I guess you should consider yourself lucky that it was not worse. At any rate, I hope everything gets sorted out and you are back on the road and happy!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #37
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
which Alex is this, not Alex from AlpineSS is this?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #38
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
No its Alex from Gintani. Alex from AlpineSS has nothing to do with any of this.
      11-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #39
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Bro .... Your Bugging me the F out with the defending skit .. What were u to Gintani their mascot Aka super hero with a big G on your chest ?
Let's get to the point ... If you don't know about someone or something don't comment nor reccomend or defend for that matter cause someone else can innocently pay the price due to your miss guidance...
And you do owe people you rebuttled in regards to gintiny bullcrap an apology cause they were the ones who actually knew what Gintani was about and yOu didnt yet you defended them ......

I forgive you pumpkin , lesson learned move on
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #40
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Bro .... Your Bugging me the F out with the defending skit .. What were u to Gintani their mascot Aka super hero with a big G on your chest ?
Let's get to the point ... If you don't know about someone or something don't comment nor reccomend or defend for that matter cause someone else can innocently pay the price due to your miss guidance...
And you do owe people you rebuttled in regards to gintiny bullcrap an apology cause they were the ones who actually knew what Gintani was about and yOu didnt yet you defended them ......

I forgive you pumpkin , lesson learned move on
I'm bugging you? I'm sorry sweetheart. I'm all out of I give a ****. Take your *** elsewhere troll. I could honestly care less what the **** you think. So please do me a favor pumpkin and get the **** off your high horse. I didn't post this looking for sympathy or saying poor me. I did it to share my experience with the community. I wasn't looking for your stamp of approval

No worries though sweet cheeks. I forgive you too
      11-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #41
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Don't get bent of shape with me precious I'm not Gintani I didn't screw your car up
And last I checked this was a public forum .....
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #42
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Why did you tell people your tune was so great when you now admit it was shit the first day you drove it. And now you want people to trust you ?
You pretty much mislead the public while you were attacking them just because they were being honest where in fact you wasn't ...
Pretty sad and Discusting , goes to show what Kind of guy you are !

Last edited by m33; 11-18-2011 at 12:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 03:51 AM   #43
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
AlpineMS I assume? I don't know AlpineSS...

Alex@Alpine is one of the best vendors I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

I have an OE Tune on my M3, and I'm more than satisfied with it.

Monster135...why is your username so damn familiar?

IIRC..i think I got DPE rims from you a while ago??? Don't want to mention your name publicly, but it starts with a N?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #44
Monster335is
Rep

Quote:
Don't get bent of shape with me precious I'm not Gintani I didn't screw your car up
And last I checked this was a public forum .....
You're right it is a public forum so please feel to leave the thread if you don't like what I posted. No one is here to cater to you or owes you an apology. Got it?