BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
jturboawd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, 135i, m4, x4m

WOW this is horrible. Note to all, please tell the community that you dont need to loosen bolts, just roll the car a foot or so, only have to do it two times.

I bought what I needed from harbor freight and did it myself in a day, even make the tool using a 1.75" exhaust 45 degree some heat and a drill gun. I am not going to use a catch can, I plan to do it every 20K as it only takes about 3 hours to do this + plugs. It would be a good idea for most to run atleast a OCC though (ill be stubborn until I do this again to evaluate).

Im sorry to hear about your engine though. Atleast you get a fresh engine.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #24
A_Squared
Banned
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd View Post
WOW this is horrible. Note to all, please tell the community that you dont need to loosen bolts, just roll the car a foot or so, only have to do it two times.
+1
I walnut blasted mine yesterday and manually turned the crank to get the valves to close. I had trouble getting #4 to close and didn't feel comfortable continuing to turn the crank so I rolled the car back and forth a few inches and got it to close with ease. If you can do it yourself, do it yourself IMO. This is a shitty situation, but at least they are taking care of it and owning their mistake.
Appreciate 0