BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-31-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
blueE82
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Questions about my 128i

Hello!

I am proud to say I’ve joined the BMW club, been loving my 2013 128i. I’ve had it for a couple months now, and have been slowly driving her harder and trying new things out. To start things off, I’ve been trying to slide it out and get some solid donuts without just hitting a roll back after throttling too hard. My car is automatic, and I’ve been a lot of trouble. For example, when starting a drift in the m1 mode, I’ll lose traction for a split second, but I believe because I am not holding the throttle past the catch point, the transmission will shift up into m2 at around 5500-6000 revs, completely killing my momentum. Does anyone have experience with this, and what mode do you drive in. I have tried m1, m2, and the normal sport automatic(drive sport), and feel I have found the most success with drive sport, but haven’t been able to tell if it upshifts the same way or holds it longer. I’ve seen some videos of people doing donuts in drive sport, with others saying they can do it in the manual mode just fine. Any help is appreciated. Additionally, I’ve seen a few people talking about using a SIM something to unlock more power from the disa manifold, is this viable in the n51 due to it already coming stock with the 3 stage manifold? Thanks guys, sorry if I got anything wrong. Appreciate any help
Appreciate 0