BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
StevieJ2
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

coding out 93AC error with race seats

Having an issue after installing the driver's race bucket - I removed the passenger's seat and coded out all of the seat and airbag errors without any problems. Drove for a week or so. Removed the driver's seat and coded it out, but I'm getting two errors now and I can't seem to figure out where the options are on protools to code them out, or if there's some other issue.

93AC - side airbag left ---- (disabled every airbag option in protools, cycled the ignition, and it still comes back)

CF41 - signal from driver's seat satellite: switch, belt buckle DR

Does anyone know where specifically these options are in protools? The videos I've watched online are all using older versions of the software from a few years back, and they actually give the hex number. absolutely no clue how to get this cleared out at this point. Have harnesses in place, so the seat belts were completely removed.

Last edited by StevieJ2; 06-29-2021 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 06:08 PM   #2
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieJ2 View Post
Having an issue after installing the driver's race bucket - I removed the passenger's seat and coded out all of the seat and airbag errors without any problems. Drove for a week or so. Removed the driver's seat and coded it out, but I'm getting two errors now and I can't seem to figure out where the options are on protools to code them out, or if there's some other issue.

93AC - side airbag left ---- (disabled every airbag option in protools, cycled the ignition, and it still comes back)

CF41 - signal from driver's seat satellite: switch, belt buckle DR

Does anyone know where specifically these options are in protools? The videos I've watched online are all using older versions of the software from a few years back, and they actually give the hex number. absolutely no clue how to get this cleared out at this point. Have harnesses in place, so the seat belts were completely removed.
"Left Side Airbag" should clear it. As I recall, I needed to disable the parameter before removing the connection. If you are still able, try reconnecting the original seat, clear the code and confirm it stays cleared, disable the left side airbag parameter, then disconnect the seat. I recall having some trouble if I didn't disable before disconnecting.

I have also tried removing the front seatbelt retractors. That gave me a code that I could not clear (presumably CF41) with any coding available in ProTool. My retractors have two electrical connectors, function not entirely clear to me but definitely SRS related. Clearly the SRS is terminally unhappy if you actually remove your seat belt entirely, which doesn't sound unreasonable. I ended up removing the buckle and stowing the belt as shown in the photo below just to stop it from rattling.

Name:  Stowed Belt.JPG
Views: 1873
Size:  250.3 KB

Name:  Belt Support.JPG
Views: 1492
Size:  243.7 KB
Appreciate 2
Suprgnat2314.00
AndyW665.50
      07-01-2021, 12:19 AM   #3
StevieJ2
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
"Left Side Airbag" should clear it. As I recall, I needed to disable the parameter before removing the connection. If you are still able, try reconnecting the original seat, clear the code and confirm it stays cleared, disable the left side airbag parameter, then disconnect the seat. I recall having some trouble if I didn't disable before disconnecting.

I have also tried removing the front seatbelt retractors. That gave me a code that I could not clear (presumably CF41) with any coding available in ProTool. My retractors have two electrical connectors, function not entirely clear to me but definitely SRS related. Clearly the SRS is terminally unhappy if you actually remove your seat belt entirely, which doesn't sound unreasonable. I ended up removing the buckle and stowing the belt as shown in the photo below just to stop it from rattling.

Attachment 2638789

Attachment 2638807

Thanks for this, luckily I still have the seat so I'll hook it back up and try that. And thanks for the tip on the seatbelt
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 03:14 PM   #4
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieJ2 View Post
Thanks for this, luckily I still have the seat so I'll hook it back up and try that. And thanks for the tip on the seatbelt
Did this work for you? I have tried the same disable before disconnect strategy for the seat position sensor but it doesn't seem to work.

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0