BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2018, 09:50 PM   #1
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Agency Power and Berk Street exhaust muffler dimensions

Anyone have pics or measurements of how much less they protrude down compared to stock? It's hard to tell from the sales pics. Silly question I know, but I am working to install a functional rear diffuser on a track car and would like it to be flat without hitting the muffler (Yes, I am aware of the race exhaust options but this car needs to remain streetable). Thx!

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Related...I've seen that people modify the internals of stock mufflers to make it sound like the PE...anyone with muffler experience think I'll do any permanent harm if I just use a sledge to beat in the lower right portion of the muffler an inch or so? I know it will affect the sound, but it can't be that much, can it? Just seems like the cheapest solution right now as I have a lot of things on my "get for the track car" list and I'd really like to mount the diffuser flat. TIA!

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0