BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #23
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Should we get a dealership happening up there!

@FJP - it sounds like they broke your car, but you haven't got a chance to speak to them yet. It is normal policy to do the software update first re pump at this stage, but ring up BMW and they should hopefully cover it under when it breaks even after warranty. They had always been good for breaks just outside warranty period, especially with HPFP. Where is the mangley bangly when we need him?
Sparoz, like FJP said, would be great but definitely not a big enough market to actually work as business. Don't think the setup costs for all the tooling etc, would never be recouped servicing a handful of cars. Shame really. Maybe HQ can help?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #24
xrooster
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235I, E36M3, 135I SOLD

improving headlights ?

sorry to here about your lights had a problem with my 06 325 tried to upgrade to better white lights. on advice from local auto electrician had them fitted. to cut a week long story short the computer regects them. they go out, they work & when they get hot they go out again. i also had water get in during process but the auto guy dried them out for me . don't mess with them i say. love my new 135. cheers xrooster
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #25
FJP135i
Darwin NT 135i - Addict
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i AW

guys - just want to clarify - yes I changed globes to the blue looking ones - but no - there was no issue with water in my headlights prior to BMW getting their hands on it. - even with severe rain up here.....

I am thinking they must have opened up the covers and parked the car in the rain overnight.... I cant explain it any other way..??

The good news is they are fixing it all and waiting for the parts at the moment.....!!

I am now a lot calmer than when I posted this. But I wont be happy until I have her back... driving a curtesy i30 Hyundai is not that great
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #26
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

That's probably exactly what happened mate. Really hope she gets fixed up for you soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #27
dr.bmw
Chirurgeon
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i AW/CR

Garage List
2008 125i  [10.00]
the near 100% humidity in darwin during wet season means that if the covers were installed during the day, when they cool down the moisture will precipitate. Maybe the issue will go away once the lights are properly dried?
      03-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #28
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

I don't understand why the Americans are blaming the OP for merely changing the light bulbs. I've done the same thing. What happens if one of your angel eye globes burn out, are you gonna let the dealership charge you 400 bucks to replace it for you? It's a 5min DIY job.

As long as you get the covers on properly there's no issue. Sounds like the dealer stuffed up big time on this one

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0