BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #45
FlaPatsFan
Major
643
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Patriots are Bird killers!
SB XXXIX - Eagles ✔️
SB XLIX - Seahawks ✔️
SB LI - Falcons ✔️
#Fact #NotDone #History
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #46
Graves
Sicario
Graves's Avatar
Germany
722
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bayern

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm a Patriots fan and I think we will win in the end. However, I think the Eagles are the more complete team and will give us hell. I feel our biggest advantage is experience. You can have a chip on your shoulder all you want, but at the end of the day when time is running down and you are feeling the crunch and pressure builds up, well, that is where the Pats shine. They have the most pressure resistant pipes known to man. We shall see, though, I think this could easily be anyone's game.

If the Eagles win I won't be mad and make excuses, they're a great team. The only shitty thing I see is when the Patriots do win, no one will give credit where credit is due. Call us cheaters, say the referees are working with us, whatever you want to say. But any realist and person with common sense understands that you still have to execute. Prime example, the stupid deflate-gate horse shit. Deflated balls had nothing to do with that ass whooping. The Colts were outplayed, nothing more to it.

Go Patriots!!!!
__________________
Ryan King
2018 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #47
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

The Pats are a GREAT team/dynasty, no doubt about that. *However*, TWO of the SBs were gifted due to bone-headed plays of the opposing team. Also, if the deflategate thing didn't matter, don't do it in the first place, obviously it's some intangible thing.

I dunno why anyone would root for the Pats. So boring.

Fly Eagles fly!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #48
TrevorM3
Major General
956
Rep
5,224
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

go eagles, i guess.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #49
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1771
Rep
2,217
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Go Pats, because #theyretheshit.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #50
Clark_Kent
Major
Clark_Kent's Avatar
842
Rep
1,189
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
The Pats are a GREAT team/dynasty, no doubt about that. *However*, TWO of the SBs were gifted due to bone-headed plays of the opposing team. Also, if the deflategate thing didn't matter, don't do it in the first place, obviously it's some intangible thing.

I dunno why anyone would root for the Pats. So boring.

Fly Eagles fly!
Why does it matter if two Super Bowls were "gifted"? I don't even what that means. When the last seconds of the clock ran off NE had more points than the other team, full stop.

On a slightly related note, Brandon Marshall is largely an idiot but he's right when he said, "How do we let these guys do this year in and year out?" I made similar comments earlier in this thread. The League (the field not the league office) should be ashamed. The Patriots have consistently outplayed and outcoached the opposition for nearly the last 20 years. That's a fact.

Note: In the interest of full disclosure I'm not a Patriots fan.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #51
Clark_Kent
Major
Clark_Kent's Avatar
842
Rep
1,189
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
As a Texans fan, I am more surprised what little success other coaches coming out of the Patriots camp have had. I would have assumed they would have learned something from Bilichick.
I'm not surprised at all. Bill Belichick is the singular reason that team is successful. Tom Brady has had a terrific run but candidly, they could/would find and/or develop another quarterback to achieve similar results. To draw a parallel, Bill Belichick and Nick Saban (reinvented Nick Saban) are essentially the same person at their respective levels in the context of this discussion.
Appreciate 1
Graves721.50

      01-28-2018, 04:40 PM   #52
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Why does it matter if two Super Bowls were "gifted"? I don't even what that means. When the last seconds of the clock ran off NE had more points than the other team, full stop.

On a slightly related note, Brandon Marshall is largely an idiot but he's right when he said, "How do we let these guys do this year in and year out?" I made similar comments earlier in this thread. The League (the field not the league office) should be ashamed. The Patriots have consistently outplayed and outcoached the opposition for nearly the last 20 years. That's a fact.

Note: In the interest of full disclosure I'm not a Patriots fan.
Let's be fair, ofc it matters. Say I'm kicking your butt in pool, but I decide to fool around w the eight ball trying to make these crazy trick shots, allowing you to come back. It was in the bag but because of my stupid decisions I let you back in. You're good to come back and win but it was solely on me making stupid decisions instead of just locking it up, thereby opening the door which should've been shut.

Similarly, which is more meaningful, you handily beat your tennis opponent or won via forfeit due to him dropping dead? Same diff.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:45 PM   #53
Graves
Sicario
Graves's Avatar
Germany
722
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bayern

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Go, Patriots! Win or lose, come July I'll have a brand new F80. All will be forgotten at that moment.
__________________
Ryan King
2018 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #54
FlaPatsFan
Major
643
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Let's be fair, ofc it matters. Say I'm kicking your butt in pool, but I decide to fool around w the eight ball trying to make these crazy trick shots, allowing you to come back. It was in the bag but because of my stupid decisions I let you back in. You're good to come back and win but it was solely on me making stupid decisions instead of just locking it up, thereby opening the door which should've been shut.

Similarly, which is more meaningful, you handily beat your tennis opponent or won via forfeit due to him dropping dead? Same diff.
Did you really just compare Professional Football to Pool???? Plezzz
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #55
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Did you really just compare Professional Football to Pool???? Plezzz
Hey still fits and plzz if you don't thiNk it was a matter of those 2 teams screwing up vs some miracle by the Pats.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:13 AM   #56
FlaPatsFan
Major
643
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Hey still fits and plzz if you don't thiNk it was a matter of those 2 teams screwing up vs some miracle by the Pats.
Ok, you keep thinking that. However lots of teams in all sports screw up, whether it is a contributing factor to their lose isn’t always the case. It’s up to the other team to capitalize on those mistakes. Something the Patriots are masters at, forcing other teams into mistakes and making them pay. Just more excuses from a Pats hater to try and discredit their dominance. Blah Blah Blah
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 05:43 AM   #57
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Ok, you keep thinking that. However lots of teams in all sports screw up, whether it is a contributing factor to their lose isn’t always the case. It’s up to the other team to capitalize on those mistakes. Something the Patriots are masters at, forcing other teams into mistakes and making them pay. Just more excuses from a Pats hater to try and discredit their dominance. Blah Blah Blah
I'm not hating, and you're just blind. I give them respect for 3/5 SBs but 2 of them were major screwups by opposing teams. Only a biased fan would refuse to see that.

...And the Falcons shOuld never be allowed in the playoffs ever again and should've performed group seppuku after that disgrace. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #58
FlaPatsFan
Major
643
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm not hating, and you're just blind. I give them respect for 3/5 SBs but 2 of them were major screwups by opposing teams. Only a biased fan would refuse to see that.

...And the Falcons shOuld never be allowed in the playoffs ever again and should've performed group seppuku after that disgrace. Lol.
Not blind or biased. Winning is Winning. If a team or person cracks under the pressure when the stakes are at the utmost highest that’s on them. Whatever the “screw up” as you say, mistake or however you wanna say it...they choked! Period! Handling the pressure of the big stage events in sports is a game in itself. Some just do it better then others. As for your references I will say this.... The football Gods have had a hand in all the Patriots big games...some good some not so good, depending what side your on.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 01:12 PM   #59
DocB
Lieutenant
DocB's Avatar
United_States
128
Rep
433
Posts

Drives: 2018 ///M2 - MG
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Eagles D will shut Brady down.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2003 328i
2006 330i
2015 435 GC
2018 ///M2
Appreciate 2
PA135ii222.50

      01-29-2018, 04:01 PM   #60
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Not blind or biased. Winning is Winning. If a team or person cracks under the pressure when the stakes are at the utmost highest that’s on them. Whatever the “screw up” as you say, mistake or however you wanna say it...they choked! Period! Handling the pressure of the big stage events in sports is a game in itself. Some just do it better then others. As for your references I will say this.... The football Gods have had a hand in all the Patriots big games...some good some not so good, depending what side your on.
Yes, we finally agree, the other side choked but I'm not taking credit away, door was opened but Pats still needed to walk through it and put up pts, and put them up they did.

Will be a great game either way come Sun, just share the wealth and have some other team win it this time.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #61
Graves
Sicario
Graves's Avatar
Germany
722
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bayern

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Not blind or biased. Winning is Winning. If a team or person cracks under the pressure when the stakes are at the utmost highest that’s on them. Whatever the “screw up” as you say, mistake or however you wanna say it...they choked! Period! Handling the pressure of the big stage events in sports is a game in itself. Some just do it better then others. As for your references I will say this.... The football Gods have had a hand in all the Patriots big games...some good some not so good, depending what side your on.
Yes, we finally agree, the other side choked but I'm not taking credit away, door was opened but Pats still needed to walk through it and put up pts, and put them up they did.

Will be a great game either way come Sun, just share the wealth and have some other team win it this time.
Fuck that. Go Patriots. Let us win the next 4 Super Bowls and Brady will retire and enough will be enough.
__________________
Ryan King
2018 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:21 PM   #62
arom
Private First Class
arom's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: 2016 320i xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 12:00 AM   #63
ny325
Colonel
United_States
377
Rep
2,478
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

I just hope for good game. Not a repeat of the Denver Broncos a few years back, when the game was over at halftime.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 12:38 PM   #64
PA135ii
seeking salvation
223
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Eagles D will shut Brady down.
You are correct Sir.

If I may... a quote from Buddy Ryan.. "I have never seen a quarterback yet complete a pass laying on his back".

Go Birds!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 06:01 PM   #65
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
968
Rep
1,054
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Hoping for power to go out...similar to what happened in the 49ers/Ravens game a while back. Only difference with this, power stays off and nobody wins. That would be the perfect scenario...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #66
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
91
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

If anyone has not seen Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmels show, go watch "Guillermo at Super bowl opening night 2018". Pretty funny!
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST