BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
sygazelle
Colonel
1517
Rep
2,233
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

LeBron James to Lakers

James going to the Lakers. Not a surprise but I'm not sure he's going to get what he's looking for which is more rings.

He's got amazing skills but he will have to be a team player to beat the best teams in the NBA. It should make next season more fun to watch as a fan. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
Graves
Sicario
Graves's Avatar
Germany
722
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bayern

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1464713&page=7
__________________
Ryan King
2018 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #3
BayMoWe335
Lieutenant Colonel
642
Rep
1,935
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

The lakers are now the 6th or 7th best team in the West.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #4
Bingobimmer
Captain
Bingobimmer's Avatar
96
Rep
626
Posts

Drives: e90 n54
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the road...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
This is a post basketball move. Should have stayed in Cleveland maybe he beats Boston/Philly, maybe there are some key injuries to the Warriors. He could have just waited for next offseason and hoped for some lucky breaks. I don't think he will win another championship.
__________________
LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2009 E90 335i AW... Black grills/jb4/lux angel eyes/clear side reflectors/and a few more small mods

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
sygazelle
Colonel
1517
Rep
2,233
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post

Sorry. I searched to see if something had already been posted and did not see this. Putting my head down in shame now.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #6
AlpineWhite_SJ
Private
AlpineWhite_SJ's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

As a long time Lakers fan, I hate this more than when they brought in Malone and Payton for their failed attempt at a championship in 2004.

The only upside to Labron is maybe he’ll choke out Lonzo’s Dad...

__________________
Drive:
2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 6MT ZCP ZEP
2004 G35 Sedan
Appreciate 4
sygazelle1517.00
ny325379.00

      07-01-2018, 11:47 PM   #7
sygazelle
Colonel
1517
Rep
2,233
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
As a long time Lakers fan, I hate this more than when they brought in Malone and Payton for their failed attempt at a championship in 2004.

The only upside to Labron is maybe he’ll choke out Lonzo’s Dad...

The Lakers ought to have a new reality show called Hot Mess. Look, I really hope James does well and contributes to a competitive team, but my bet is that it will be a cluster fill in the blank.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2018, 12:23 AM   #8
hellrotm
Major General
2393
Rep
5,861
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Long time Lakers fan, from SoCal. Not a fan of Lebron, not of a fan of this move. Multiple friends(fellow Lakers fans) not happy either. Should have went just with Kawhi in a trade and/or free agent next summer. Then build team around Kawhi. Now we have whiny Lebron...yippy. Only up side, is Lakers could jump Celtics on list of all time NBA championships(depending on who they put around him in coming years). Lebron leave your hand brace and whimpy attitude in Cleveland.
Appreciate 2
      07-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #9
ny325
Colonel
United_States
379
Rep
2,479
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

Maybe M.Trout, Ohtani, and Kershaw, will get a call from LBJ. He's going to need help from wherever he can get it. LBJ is a pretty good actor/flopper when he feels he was fouled. This could be a career change, that leads to acting. Welcome to competitive basketball LBJ. He is in Hollywood, so you never know. Maybe Lance Stevenson will join him...

Last edited by ny325; 07-02-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 01:05 AM   #10
ny325
Colonel
United_States
379
Rep
2,479
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

As a long time suffering Knicks fan, I share the same sentiment BlackjetE90. I never wanted to see LBJ in New York because of all you mentioned. I like players who are humble, never show up there teammates, and NEVER exhibit " I give up" attitude on the floor. I enjoyed watching the Lakers because they had a nice young core. Should be interesting to see how this situation plays out.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 01:06 AM   #11
nars3000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
693
Rep
1,680
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (19)

LeBron signing with the Lakers is a family move first, then basketball move second. He's making sure Bronny Jr. and Bryce get all the right opportunity with education and athletics, all while his family gets to experience the SoCal elite lifestyle.

If LeBron was dead set on winning a championship, his best options would've been Celtics, Rockets, and 76ers. The Lakers are still a starting Center and a true closer (e.g. Kyrie) away from contending, so winning titles clearly wasn't his top priority with his decision this time around.

LeBron will be 36 years old in year 3, and 37 in the final year of his 4-year contract. If this is the same LeBron who quit on his team in the 3rd quarter of game 4 in the 2017-2018 Finals, then I wouldn't be surprised to see LeBron be content with just padding his regular season stats, and calling it a career this way...
Appreciate 2
Graves721.50

      07-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #12
Graves
Sicario
Graves's Avatar
Germany
722
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bayern

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post

Sorry. I searched to see if something had already been posted and did not see this. Putting my head down in shame now.
Just showing ya since that thread has a lot to offer NBA wise.
__________________
Ryan King
2018 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 1
sygazelle1517.00

      07-02-2018, 02:04 AM   #13
Graves
Sicario
Graves's Avatar
Germany
722
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bayern

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
LeBron signing with the Lakers is a family move first, then basketball move second. He's making sure Bronny Jr. and Bryce get all the right opportunity with education and athletics, all while his family gets to experience the SoCal elite lifestyle.

If LeBron was dead set on winning a championship, his best options would've been Celtics, Rockets, and 76ers. The Lakers are still a starting Center and a true closer (e.g. Kyrie) away from contending, so winning titles clearly wasn't his top priority with his decision this time around.

LeBron will be 36 years old in year 3, and 37 in the final year of his 4-year contract. If this is the same LeBron who quit on his team in the 3rd quarter of game 4 in the 2017-2018 Finals, then I wouldn't be surprised to see LeBron be content with just padding his regular season stats, and calling it a career this way...
Agree with everything minus what's best for his kids. California currently has and produces the greatest number of mentally challenged people the world has ever seen. Seriously, California is a Cesspool for pure stupidity. I feel bad for those kids.
__________________
Ryan King
2018 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 06:09 AM   #14
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1239
Rep
2,043
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

iTrader: (0)

That's a lot of LeMoney.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #15
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2607
Rep
2,517
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

The bandwagon is growing exponentially.

I've always liked the Lake Show but I'm going to be a hater now. Insufferable fans + LBJ.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #16
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1405
Rep
1,123
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

everyone knew this was coming, so it isnt a big surprise.

even if the lakers got kawhi, they wouldnt get past Houston and/or GSW to even make the finals. doesnt make sense for Lebron since he is obviously chasing titles.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #17
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
5663
Rep
6,837
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
There is so much Lebron disrespect in this thread for arguably one of the top 3 players of all time.
As a spurs fan, I would have loved to have seen him go to SA, if he was about championships. As a Laker hater, and a warrior hater, I love to see him in LA. The Lakers will be much better with him (a #5 seed w/o Cousins, a #3 or #4 seed with him) and will make the Warriors have to work much harder in the regular season. But without substantial reinforcements, the Lakers will not be contenders.

Is he older than Walton, the Lakers coach?
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #18
jhanksevo
SnakePDaGhost
United_States
118
Rep
464
Posts

Drives: 2009 e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charleston SC via Raleigh NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
There is so much Lebron disrespect in this thread for arguably one of the top 3 players of all time.
As a spurs fan, I would have loved to have seen him go to SA, if he was about championships. As a Laker hater, and a warrior hater, I love to see him in LA. The Lakers will be much better with him (a #5 seed w/o Cousins, a #3 or #4 seed with him) and will make the Warriors have to work much harder in the regular season. But without substantial reinforcements, the Lakers will not be contenders.

Is he older than Walton, the Lakers coach?
Thisss
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #19
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1209
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Cleveland made it to the finals. No other team did besides Golden State. They have the winning team so going to LA doesn’t make sense IMO except he is mad for losing or the money was just too much to turn down.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #20
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
5663
Rep
6,837
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Cleveland made it to the finals. No other team did besides Golden State. They have the winning team so going to LA doesn’t make sense IMO except he is mad for losing or the money was just too much to turn down.
For just basketball money, Cleveland could have offered the most. But, I think, LA offers the most in "exposure" money. Especially if he makes the Lakers relevant again. Which he will. But the Lakers DO NOT have the talent to beat GS, Houston, or SA (with Kawai).
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #21
sygazelle
Colonel
1517
Rep
2,233
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
Agree with everything minus what's best for his kids. California currently has and produces the greatest number of mentally challenged people the world has ever seen. Seriously, California is a Cesspool for pure stupidity. I feel bad for those kids.
Since I started this thread I'm happy to be the one to derail it. According to Mental Health America, California and Ohio get about the same ranking in terms of mental health for adults (Ohio Ranked 20th and California 24th). The Youth ranking favored California (15th best) over Ohio (24th best). Interestingly, Missouri was ranked worse than both California and Ohio. So if are concerned for LeBron's kids and mental health is your reasoning, then they are better off in California than in Ohio, and certainly better off than if they moved to Missouri. Of course Missouri is not a consideration since you have no NBA team anyway.

Yours truly, a born and raised Californian who loves living here


BTW, here's the mental health ranking by state link if you are interested in confusing yourself with the facts:

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/i...ranking-states
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #22
irishbimmer
Major
724
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
Agree with everything minus what's best for his kids. California currently has and produces the greatest number of mentally challenged people the world has ever seen. Seriously, California is a Cesspool for pure stupidity. I feel bad for those kids.
That's why we are all moving to Missouri, land of the renowned superior mental health specimens and great NBA Basketball teams.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST