BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #89
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
num nuts..... I topped off last time and wiped it clean...!!! if you notice theres krust under the cap rim..... how would I get oil spillage from fill up under the lid???
are u a service advisor ?? because u keep pushing the dealer
anyways I appreciate all input but you sir.. have been no help
but I thank you nonetheless
num nuts? That's rich coming from a guy that can't spell his way out of a paper bag. The only reason I'm telling you to go to a dealer is because you clearly have no clue, and if there is a problem, you need someone competent to diagnose it. To make it better, you even have a warranty to pay for it. But hey, keep testing that speed limiter, Florida is like Darwin, it will correct itself.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #90
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

I change every 8k miles on my N51.
Edit: With BMW approved oil, of course.
      08-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #91
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
For The N55'ers .. How Often Do U Top Off Your Oil??
Seems Like Every Couple Of Months I Gotta Put It A Quart.. Anyone Else Need To Do This??
Maybe A Leak?
Right now I'm doing about a 1/4 quart every 2-3 months, mileage is 69k. I was told by a buddy at the dealer that it falls within "factory spec". However, my indy shop told me my OFHG is starting to leak so that's probably the culprit.

I'm doing oil changes every 8k miles or so.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2018, 10:44 AM   #92
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
The Germans engineer their cars to run full-out on the Autobahn for as long as a tank of gas holds out, not that you can even do that on the Autobahn anymore. It's no wonder they have higher oil capacities than US or
Asian cars.
FWIW, which isn't much, I go 7500 miles between changes. It always takes 7 liters and ends up right at max on the level indication. I like getting under the car and looking around for leaks while I'm there. I've never seen my oil level read less than full on either N52 I've owned.
As far as oil caps leaking, yes they do. Mine does a bit, which was only noticeable when I had the engine cover off to change spark plugs. I'll be replacing it soon. The sealing gasket on the cap has an impression on it from where it contacts the valve cover.
As someone mentioned, the OP probably had his eyes glaze over, and walked away mumbling something like "these 1Addicts are bonkers"! We are! What else would you expect from addicts?
It's always a good idea to crawl around underneath looking for any trouble. The covers do hide oil leaks, so they'll have to come off.

I'm not much of a hot rodder, but I figure my engine uses a quart of oil between changes. Assuming it isn't a leak, I think that's acceptable, but it might grow over time?
Appreciate 0