BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
I see your car is red. Did you choose that because it was cheaper (as nobody buys it) or in the hope that it goes faster?

The 320i in europe is actually a far better motor than the one we get here. Not sure why we're still stuck with a craphouse unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader View Post
Well BMW are in the business of selling cars and my friendly BMW Salesman said the 1'er he could sell by the truckload would be a 120i Coupe so I guess he will be happy.

Performance wise it won't be a rocket ship but it will probably be the sweetest 1'er to steer with less weight over the front end.
They've introduced the 120i Coupe to become a price leader and boost sales as the car is nearing the end of it's life cycle.
This will happen with just about every car make and model, and yep for sub 50k I guess BMW will sell a lot of them - even if it means people are missing out on the other great engines on offer, but it'll probably introduce people to the brand who would of otherwise bought a POS CLC200 or something.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #24
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
,,,a POS CLC200 or something.
no man. CLC is awesome remember? Just ask BFF orey.
Appreciate 0