BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #67
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Nice to see that this thread is helping in a number of ways. I think we have mostly been accustomed to see it assisting people find allocations out of area, but it certainly can be used to assist dealers in locating buyers local to them. I think that having the info here also helps as a barometer for pricing... Both dealers and buyers can get a good picture of what's available or what the market is ....
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #68
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

To the GM's posting here: Is it true (to the best of your knowledge) that every US dealer will get at least one 1M? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #69
ksak
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
But I believe BMW put this car out there so that it could be purchased by a broader segment of the market (i.e. people who could afford a $50k wonder car, but not an $83k one) - Dr. Kay Segler even mentioned that this car is targeted to the young enthusiast because BMW needed to offer "something they can afford." (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477912)

Dealer markups like this are absolutely contrary to Dr. Segler's idea.

Just my 2 cents. I'll stop now.

Exactly, this whole mark up debacle is destroying BMW's original intentions. The 1m was supposed to be the car to introduce the younger demographic to the world of M and also be a way for BMW to capture enthusiasts' loyalty at a young age. Instead, we have old farts with porches buying the 1m as a "winter" car and dealers trying to get 30k+ markup.

Now one could say this is BMW's fault for making such a fantastic car and then limiting the production to one year and only ~1000 units. In that case, BMW: MAKE MORE 1M's. And old farts, please stick to your porches and m3's. Enjoy your high revving v8 and let us youngsters enjoy our twin turbos.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #70
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jag XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksak View Post
Instead, we have old farts with porches buying the 1m as a "winter" car and dealers trying to get 30k+ markup.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #71
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksak View Post
Instead, we have old farts with porches buying the 1m as a "winter" car and dealers trying to get 30k+ markup.
It is definitely an interesting optioning experiment for BMW.

Had they also offered DCT, I would assume the majority of cars would be ordered that way (just like the current M3). However, people are still hunting down this car with "only" 6MT and a limited color palette.

I feel like they thought limiting it to 6MT and a few colors would push a bunch of potential buyers over to the M3 - sort of a teaser that gets you interested in buying ///M, but you settle for the up-sell to M3 to get a car immediately with the paint and options you want.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #72
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

I have a lead on a 1m allocation, I just walked away from. I currently have two deposits down and it looks like both most likely will go through. Dealership is willing to let it go for MSRP if you're local. He said maybe a markup if you're not. Dealer is Germain of Naples, FL Call Rick Camp 239-494-2218. Make sure to do the due diligence and make sure it's a real allocation and not a waitlist. I didn't ask any of those questions when i spoke to him. I'm just going by my initial call with him, when he said he did in fact have one available.

If one of my two deposits go into production, I'll have another one I'll be walking away from. Lets see how it goes in a month.

Let me know if anyone put a deposit down.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #73
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Hey OAM, thanks for the update. Is the other deposit with another Florida dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #74
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
Hey OAM, thanks for the update. Is the other deposit with another Florida dealer?
Yup, I currently have down two deposits and one of them is in FL. Hopefully if one goes into production or changes status next month, I'll be able to hand one off.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #75
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
when I called on July 01, this was for an allocation that could be built and spec'd to order.
One of the two people I sent this to replied over the weekend. He indicated that even though he is an Indiana resident, they were still asking over MSRP, and then told him it was sold when he made a counter offer.

here is what happened (in his words)

" I e-mailed them on the 4th and talked to them on the 5th. They told me it was still available at $5k over MSRP. I told them I was looking to pay MSRP. I committed to have them service the car. They came back to me with $2.5k over MSRP and a $1k coupon for a future purchase. They were very couteous and professional. I told them I wanted to think about it and would call them the next day. When I called back, I told them that I would not be interested in paying over MSRP. They said they had sold it prior to my calling. "

It's possible that the other Indiana resident I sent this to got the spot, but that person has not replied back to me. . The rep I spoke to seemed to be confident that if it did not sell over MSRP that they could spec it out and sell it later off the floor, and that it wold be great for foot traffic as they are a small dealer. If you are that close, it certainly would be worth a call to confirm what ocurred.
Thanks for the info - I have been traveling for work, so haven't been on the forum in a few.

I might just swing by there after work and see what is what. I will let you guys know in the event it wasn't really sold yet...
      07-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #76
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

When I put my name back on a car in November I was #6 in line. After I heard the U.S. was to only receive so many. My father was in the process of buying a 328 for my sister, as some of you may remember lol. He told the salesman that I had my name on a 1M at another dealer. He wanted my business, for the one and only allocated car. So I gave him my options, and he took my order for a car NOT a dime over MSRP. When my car was delivered, someone was offering 10K over sticker. They still gave me my car not a dime over MSRP. I feel like I am fortunate enough to drive one of these everyday because and only because I got on it so quickly. Keep trying! If it is meant to be you will find one!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #77
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAM View Post
I have a lead on a 1m allocation, I just walked away from. I currently have two deposits down and it looks like both most likely will go through. Dealership is willing to let it go for MSRP if you're local. He said maybe a markup if you're not. Dealer is Germain of Naples, FL Call Rick Camp 239-494-2218. Make sure to do the due diligence and make sure it's a real allocation and not a waitlist. I didn't ask any of those questions when i spoke to him. I'm just going by my initial call with him, when he said he did in fact have one available.

If one of my two deposits go into production, I'll have another one I'll be walking away from. Lets see how it goes in a month.

Let me know if anyone put a deposit down.
I believe it's supposed to be on its way to the States. It's a VO fully loaded and after the dealer add-ons it totals $59k.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #78
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I believe it's supposed to be on its way to the States. It's a VO fully loaded and after the dealer add-ons it totals $59k.
That would be this car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-1...ht_1703wt_1165

They are asking $10k+ over MSRP
      07-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #79
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Ouch!!! I guess they've changed their position from two weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #80
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Rick Camp at Germain BMW did tell me about that one. I mentioned it in a earlier post, however not including that one, he also had another allocation that he told me wasn't spoken for. That was the one I was passing on. Did anyone go for it?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #81
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Yeah Rick Camp at Germain BMW did tell me about that one. I mentioned it in a earlier post, however not including that one, he also had another allocation that he told me wasn't spoken for. That was the one I was passing on. Did anyone go for it?
I spoke with him earlier, it seemed like he was hesitant to sell the car so soon, I guess they want to wait it out some and get over MSRP. Also seemed hesitant to sell to someone who isn't local, despite me only being about 100 miles away.
      07-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #82
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Guess that answers that, I called a few times and only got his voicemail so I left a message. But i'm in NE FL, so I'm sure the different area code was a sign that it was another non-local trying to buy it.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #83
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When I spoke to them 2 weeks ago, they said they had 2 allocations. The first was spoken for and the second was the VO. I left a voicemail with the salesman who is a friend of a friend and I'll report back with full story.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #84
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I spoke to them 2 weeks ago, they said they had 2 allocations. The first was spoken for and the second was the VO. I left a voicemail with the salesman who is a friend of a friend and I'll report back with full story.
Yeah let us know. I spoke with him yesterday and I told him I would get back to him, which I did this morning. He took the VO fully loaded one that is on it's way over off the table yesterday, saying the manager wanted to give ebay a shot. He still asked if I wanted another allocation that he said he had. I told him this morning that I was going to pass on it. I'd be interested in what bdaddylo finds out.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #85
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Germain BMW only has the fully loaded VO available for ~$59k and it is supposed to be in transit. If you want it for that price, call Mike Kradsnick at 1-888-639-8403 and please tell him Richard Lo referred you. Good luck and let us know who picks it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #86
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

I already been there back in March, they were confuse then as they are now, not worth it for me to post, instead I put in a deposit at my local dealer that month now I have a production number for Vo at msrp, my SA knows more about the 1M than any of those guys there.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #87
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
I already been there back in March, they were confuse then as they are now, not worth it for me to post, instead I put in a deposit at my local dealer that month now I have a production number for Vo at msrp, my SA knows more about the 1M than any of those guys there.
There are good salespeople and then there are bad ones. Fortunately for them, they are able to get away with the bad ones due to their wealthy client base who mostly don't care about the cost. Fortunately, Mike K. is one of the better ones.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #88
uter
BMW nerd
Rep
Drives: E9, E28, E31, G87 M2

Stopped by BMW North Scottsdale and S.A. stated they expected to get a used 1M and they'd offer it to me at $25k over MSRP.

Gee, thanks.
Appreciate 0