BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
thatoneguy...
Private
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Light Issues: Adaptive and Dipped Headlight

Hey all, kinda bummed. Took my car on a cross-country roadtrip, and decided to get it washed first. 30 seconds in the wash bay and my dash lights up with a CC ID 295 error code. Leave the wash and discover that the driver's side HID is out, but the passenger light is still on. All angel eyes and turn signals work just fine (because the adaptive lights are out, I cannot verify cornering lights). Decided to press through with my roadtrip and also encountered the dipped headlight error.

In reading threads, there seems to be several different failed components that could be the cause:

1) Adaptive Control Module

2) HID Ballast

3) Footrest Module

My question is, is there any way to identify what exactly is causing the problem? I'm planning on swapping ballasts/bulbs from passenger side to check to see if that fixes anything (here's hoping it does... seems to be the cheapest solution). It's pretty frustrating because I had the vehicle in heavy rain before taking it to the wash, and there wasn't any moisture inside the headlight unit even after the wash, so I'm not sure where the water could have come from. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Willortiz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Had the same issue best way honestly if the pass light works the footwell module is good switch over the ballast (silver box) to the pass side if it's good the switch over the ACM (which is bad in my case) and see if it works on your pass side.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

I had the same CCID 295 error. It was my adaptive control module unit.
-BMW tech was able to determine which side it was on, remove the front bumper and headlight, and replace the adaptive control unit and now everything works for me.
Appreciate 0