BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Bodie217
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '14 WRX, '14 Sequoia

BMW Sterling (VA) - Terrible service

This is my 5th time experiencing terrible service at BMW Sterling.

Back in June, I brought my 135i to BMW Sterling because of misfires, car was actually running on 4 cylinders. BMW replaced all 6 spark plugs and injectors. Car ran fine for a week or 2. Started having misfire issues again.
Took the 135i to RRT to work on it, because I'm on my 3rd party warranty now and can go to any shop. They found that the decoupler ring was missing from injector 5.

I call BMW, tell them they need to tow my car from RRT to their shop, and to call me to set up the tow. I don't hear anything all day, so I call BMW back just before closing. Turns out they towed my car without calling me back or anything (first mistake), and start telling me they need to do diagnostics on my car to see what the problem is (I told you what the problem was, the tech didn't replace the decoupler rings...).
They call me back in the morning, telling me that someone else must have worked on my car since them, because ALL 6 decoupler rings are missing!!! And that it would be customer pay since this wasn't their doing.
I'm livid at this point. The tech is blatantly lying about his terrible work so he doesn't lose his job.

I call BMW USA customer relations (800-831-1117) and they were actually very helpful. They called BMW Sterling, lit a fire under the service manager's ass, and he actually called me back for the first time in 3 days. They are going to replace the 6 decoupler rings, and another tech that reviewed my car found that they also improperly connected the injectors which was causing my misfires. !!!!!!!

I'm not surprised that BMW Sterling has been through 4 service advisors since I bought my first BMW from them 4 years ago. Just plain terrible communication, no passion, and a lack of ownership.
-2010 BMW 135i - Titanium Silver - Procede v3/ETS 5" IC/AR Catless DP>N54mid>Berk Race/BMS OCC/VRSF Turbo Inlets & CP/SP rotors/Pagid RS29/APEX ARC8/Ohlins DFV/M3 Full Suspension and Bushings/Wavetrac LSD // 395rwhp/469rwtq on 91oct
-2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum - Overlander
Appreciate 0