BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #45
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
i dont know if this counts but i couldnt go out with a girl because her parents didnt want her going out wiht anyone that was her ethnicity. their family is VERY traditional so i kinda understood it, i was bummed though. they are very cool people though, dont get me wrong. im still close to her family and to her. probably as close as 2 people can get without ever going out/dating/ being in a relationship.
someone we know???
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #46
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Hmmm... tough one. My initial thought is that she feels that way for what ever reason, and that's not likely to change. I think you should respect her for her honesty. It might keep you from being close, but she didn't give you some BS made up reason at least.

I think it's a damned shame that Albinos can't get laid any more.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #47
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
P.S. - I've never been attracted to Asian girls all the way up to my 3rd year in college until I met this Asian bombshell/college-sweetheart who just blandished me with her personality and, of course, physical allure. I was looking forward to Latinas and Blancas...but oh well.

Great all we need - another white guy with yellow fever...

As for ethnicity, I've been turned down, but I don't think it was due to my race/creed/etc. (It might of been because I reeked of beer/alcohol at the bar and my line was not witty/funny enough Haha) If girls said yes to everyone, where would the thrill of the chase?!?

BTW - many girls say and write that they are open to dating any race, when in fact, its proven fact that selectivity occurs. I'm reading "Freakonomics" where one of the chapters has an analysis of the preference vs reality of Match.com. This analysis compares what the preferences are vs who that actual responses go back to. Anonymously on the internet.

Fact of life boys... Just recognize the rules of the game

Another fact - girls will call you back if you give them your phone number on an ATM slip showing that you have over 300 grand in the bank. Read this of all places in the NYtimes as a strange social experiment. Chicks dig guys with cash, esp in NYC
      11-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #48
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

people ought to be able to turn you down for whatever reason they want (yes even something that may be a personal characteristic that you can't change)

and if someone doesn't want to be with you, why on earth would you want to be with them.

I get turned down all the time for tons of different reasons, and it's all fine with me
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 06:11 PM   #49
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS
\

I'm ALL for that. WHITE GUYS

A lot of my friends who are asian, their parents want them to date within their ethnicity. I'm not really sure as to why it would make any difference whether we date within our ethnicity or not. Marrying an Asian guy as opposed to a white guy, doesnt make the person any better. My grandma seems to think I should marry an asian guy because they're better. I totally disagree. A person's ethnicity and background doesnt make them a good person -- everyone has their own personality. But i think a lot of poeple date within their race because of like.. comfort and security. I think some people are afraid of change.

ps biracial kids are pretty.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #50
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
someone we know???

hahahaaa, funny...lol, ass!!

nah, a girl from HS.
      11-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #51
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
people ought to be able to turn you down for whatever reason they want (yes even something that may be a personal characteristic that you can't change)

and if someone doesn't want to be with you, why on earth would you want to be with them.

I get turned down all the time for tons of different reasons, and it's all fine with me
of course it's fine w/ you! You have two fine ladies of your own, and they don't bitch, they always give you what you want I hope?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #52
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS

BTW - many girls say and write that they are open to dating any race, when in fact, its proven fact that selectivity occurs. I'm reading "Freakonomics" where one of the chapters has an analysis of the preference vs reality of Match.com. This analysis compares what the preferences are vs who that actual responses go back to. Anonymously on the internet.
What were the results? Out of curiosity...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #53
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS
I'm not white - I'm Asian. But I feel the same way as you do however.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #54
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
of course it's fine w/ you! You have two fine ladies of your own, and they don't bitch, they always give you what you want I hope?
as great as cars are, I must admit there are some needs that 2 cars alone can not fulful
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #55
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Lexus + BMW =

Lexus + Infiniti =

BMW + Volkswagon =

FORD + Kia =
      11-16-2005, 03:39 AM   #56
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Well I have a latina GF at the moment and I'm as white as a Dutchman can get, I was 'stuck' with a blonde haired blue eyes beautiful Dutch girl for 7 years in the past. But latinas rule, they really do imho and it's very good to learn even more Spanish

EDIT: Ontopic. It's totally ridiculous to get rejected

OK, I 'm a latina fan(e.g. JLo, Shakira, Mariah Carey, Jeniffer Love Hewitt(latina? No?) and Alyssa Milano but I also 'love' Beyonce and Halle Berry)

In the past I used to 'love' Kim Basinger and Claudi Schiffer.

LOL this is about nothing actually, sorry

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #57
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I think Alyssa Milano is of Italian descent? Jen Love Hewitt is mixed? Not sure

Anyways - freakonomics study (without it in front of me) indicated that in the preference section, women listed "no preference" in terms of who they would date. I believe this number was in the high 80% range

Who they actually responded back to was almost always their same race. I think the response back was correlated with race most of the time. I forget the number.

I'll grab the book at home and will repost.

Back on topic - Guys preference on women tend to radically shift over time. I remember being back in High school and completely infatuated with short/petite white girls. Being sort of a geek, I had some good friends, but was not a serious dater per se. Dating came in College.

First real girlfriend was of Finnish/Pakastani descent - Used to be a gymnast - Short and Petite. Pretty exotic in look because of her mixed heritage.

Went through a blonde tall woman phase. At one point, dated a Danish/Nordic that was taller than me.

Then, had a love for southern europe/south american look. I still think that women from Spain and Italy are gorgeous. I had a 7 month gig in Venezuela and for such a small country, they have a disproportionate amount of Miss Universe wins. Beauty is a lifestyle there. Unbelievable Chicas running around.

Worked a gig in Asia too - Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong. A lot of the expats that I worked with there left their American/caucasian spouses to hook up with the Asian ladies.

Now I'm happily married to an Asian woman. ABK - American born Korean
      11-16-2005, 07:53 AM   #58
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Lexus + BMW =

Lexus + Infiniti =

BMW + Volkswagon =

FORD + Kia =

Huh?!?
      11-16-2005, 08:19 AM   #59
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
This girl I've known for sometime that knows I like her told me today that she couldn't date me because of my ethnicity. I was a bit agitated and confused, and while people are entitled to their own opinions, I have an extremely low threshold for ignorance. I come from a mixed background, though I'm generally pigeonhold as being one thing or the other by other people, but who are we to penialize one another for something so superfical, and also, a choice we did not make? Sad world we live in, really sad.....

Humans are superficial by nature. Men and Women have all sorts of reasons for choosing a mate. Height/weight/Color of hair,eyes,skin/Financial security/Family-ethnic background.

People naturally get offended when they're rejected for one of the above reasons, but that's life, that's people.

God gave everyone free will, and for the most part you just have to roll with the punches.

btw..of all the things I listed above there's one attribute I did not mention that has been scientificaly(sp?) proven to be a very powerful attribute in attracting the opposite sex. That attribute is body symmetry. Men and especially women subconsciously look at symmetry or lack there of as a indicator of "good breeding". Ever wonder why some of the ugliest/plain looking men get a beautiful looking woman? There's a good chance that he's very symmetrical. All of Hollywoods leading men are very symmetrical.

Now for men, we subconsciously look for a specific ratio of hips/waist/shoulders in women. I can't remember what the ratio is, but it's there. We also look for good looks because subconsciously we hope good looking wife translates into good looking kids who find husband/wives, because their good looking, and they have more kids and pass our traits from generation to generation.

Okay..so back to your question...I was dumped 2x by women because I was not Jewish (I'm Roman Catholic), 1x because I didn't do drugs (probably because she felt guilty smoking pot around me, when I thought it was just a dumb f-cking thing to do to begin with).

Last edited by F32Fleet; 11-16-2005 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #60
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS
- Used to be a gymnast -
enough said! :rocks:
      11-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #61
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom
Ever wonder why some of the ugliest/plain looking men get a beautiful looking woman?
I ask myself that ALL THE TIME. I always see really gorgeous boys with really ugly girls - or the other way around. I don't get it at all. The ugly person probably had a nice personality.

Has anyone ever noticed, uglyyyyyy couples make really pretty kids? Sometimes. How does that work?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #62
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
Has anyone ever noticed, uglyyyyyy couples make really pretty kids?
Someone's been cheating.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #63
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte

Has anyone ever noticed, uglyyyyyy couples make really pretty kids? Sometimes. How does that work?

you callin my parents ugly???

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #64
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:

Haha! Good one! Same goes for me too!

In hindsight, I've realized having never been in association w/ any particular group of people my thinking has become that that doesn't comprehend barriers of cultural values and other things that may be a reality for others, because those same limitations that other people have, dont' exsist for me. In this respect I have been ignorant because I've not taken a step out of my own comfort zone to understand those thoughts and opinons, when at the very least, the benefit of the doubt should be given, regardless of whether or not I agree w/ them. I'm a very free and open thinker(not saying that those people aren't, but in the context of the topic). I see people as people, I dont' look at someone that may be asian and say "o, they're asian", they're just another person to me. Same applies to girls, the only thing I see without knowing a girl, is whether or not she's attractive (which of course is entirely my opinion) not to say that other variables such as personality, won't change the intial 1st impression. So when people have said things such as they prefer one group or another, it hasn't registered in my head as being "right", because my thinking doesn't encompass that same idea. It's not always easy having a mindset that may not be shared w/ others, and in this particular situation, can make dating not such an easy thing to do. What else can I say, learn something new everday....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #65
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

I kind of get what you're saying, but I don't think you understood what I was saying.

Like, you don't understand how I can prefer on group over another. It's simple. I find white guys to be in general - more attractive than guys of other races. I do not find asian guys to be cute. That's my OPINION. It doesn't make me closed minded about anything. I just don't find guys in general who are asian to be cute. It's kind of the same mentality that you have when you think a girl is attractive or not.. the only difference is that I categorize my category into sub categories.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #66
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

your parents must have been the exception
Appreciate 0