BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
Southjersey128
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
BMS Paddle shifter installed on non sport car

I was looking at this mod for a long time and just got around to installing the last pieces of the puzzle to get it to work. My car is non sport so I did not have paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Years back I was given a BMW Performance steering wheel for Christmas, I made sure my wife got the one with the cutouts for the paddles so I could do this some day. A while after, my best friends '08 335xi was totaled in a flood and before the wrecker came for it I removed the paddles from it. Recently I decided it was time to finish the equation and buy the wheel buttons and the Burger cable. The install guide available online was great and detailed. I did have one problem with my radio after I finished putting everything back together. Turned out I missed a connector that I had undone and not reconnected. Before I figured out that it was human error that had occurred, I emailed BMS to see if they had ever seen what was occurring with my car. They emailed me back within 20 minutes, on a SUNDAY afternoon. I was amazed by that. I highly recommend this mod for anyone on the fence about it. They work perfectly and the customer support was phenomenal!! Thank you BMS!!
Afe Scoops and CAI, PBX, BMS Paddleshift upgrade, 261M's Powder Coated Gunmetal, 225/255 Michelin PSS, (BMW Performance: BBK, Illuminated Door Sills, Shifter Knob and Boot, E-Brake Handle, Steering Wheel, Front Strut Bar), E93 FSB, E92 RSB, M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, M3 Front Control Arms, HPA coilover kit (Koni Adjustables and Swift Springs), Steel Brake Hoses, Black Kidneys, Smoked LED side markers, Blacklines, Msport lip spoiler...
Appreciate 0