BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #45
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

The One has a 7 qt crankcase. That's plenty of oil for extended oil & filter changes. I never change oil sooner than one year or 10K miles. You can do this today with superiority of synthetic oils. I have never had an engine failure, and I have had a lot of engines.

BMW would laugh at you making a claim on an engine with 100K miles. Who knows how the vehicle was treated over its life?

What's really stupid about this thread is not determining what was wrong with the engine. It only takes a couple of hours to yank the engine and pull off the pan. I have often found engines with somewhat serious problems like bad rod or main bearings still reparable with just a replacement of them. In other cases, I've dropped in a new crank and bearings and didn't even bother to remove the head. Beyond that, cleaning the pan and a new filter and oil put the car right back on the road.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #46
Mean E92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

Sorry to grave dig but sadly the same thing just happened to me. I just hit 85000 miles and the engine just stalled out of no where. Car was making the same sound as OP described for 2-3 days before the engine gave away. Car won't even crank anymore. Should I try to call BMW NA and complain? I mean fuck, 85k for an engine to go? I mean come on...
Appreciate 0