BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
lol plz no not listen to anyone on this thread. 1 series owners are the most conservative modders I have ever seen, good thing for the most part
you can run a much more aggressive set up than what most have posted. Vendors excluded since they are liable, none will recommend an aggressive set up

you can easily run a 8.5 +40 F and a 9.5+45 R w/ a lil fender work

if you wanna get crazier, check out this set up, running a good bit of camber, it all depends on how crazy you wanna get

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...&highlight=BBS
agreed, lol . everybody seems to be running the same, cheap 1 piece wheels too.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
lol plz no not listen to anyone on this thread. 1 series owners are the most conservative modders I have ever seen, good thing for the most part
you can run a much more aggressive set up than what most have posted. Vendors excluded since they are liable, none will recommend an aggressive set up

you can easily run a 8.5 +40 F and a 9.5+45 R w/ a lil fender work

if you wanna get crazier, check out this set up, running a good bit of camber, it all depends on how crazy you wanna get

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...&highlight=BBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
agreed, lol . everybody seems to be running the same, cheap 1 piece wheels too.
+1, way too conservative around here.

I daily on 19x9.5+35 with a 255/35/19 tire in the rear and with the fenders mildly rolled there's no rubbing even with the car slammed. Had to go a little aggressive with the camber, at least 3-4 deg.

OP - for your rears, you'll need a bit of camber + stretch to pull it off. I suggest getting the fenders shaved as that would yield the most amount of space possible, maybe even a light pull. They'll poke about 1.1" more than mine but backspacing is about the same so no worries there.

Maybe something like a 265 or 255/30/19 would do the trick plus more camber (5+?). You'll need VMC or Megan Racing rear control arms to get that much though.

How low do you plan to run the car?

Ps. those wheels are HOT, you NEEEDD to find a way to squeeze them on does widebody count as a fender mod?!

U WOT M8?

Last edited by Snertz; 01-05-2011 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #25
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

to give you an idea, here's how much stretch a 265/30/19 on a 11" rim would be

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #26
Toker335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i/Sold--10" GTR

Yeah just about every modded 1er i see has 1 piece wheels for some reason, i guess because their lightweight idk, But im into JDM wheels and aggressive offsets and fitment and being very flush. Hence why i got these wheels which were originally for my Lexus but since the vehicles for sale i thought redrilling them and making them fit on the 135i would be something different and unique, especially in these crazy sizes and offsets, Negative Camber, Shaved Fenders, Control Arms, Stretching, Whatever needs to be done im willing to do it to make these wheels fit!!

Idk if its 1 owners or just BMW owners in general that like to be on the Conservative side. Or just not into the whole wheel poke idea. Sooner or later it grows on most people

@snertz

that right there is what i absolutely love, looks so damn sexy.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #27
Toker335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i/Sold--10" GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
+1, way too conservative around here.

I daily on 19x9.5+35 with a 255/35/19 tire in the rear and with the fenders mildly rolled there's no rubbing even with the car slammed. Had to go a little aggressive with the camber, at least 3-4 deg.

OP - for your rears, you'll need a bit of camber + stretch to pull it off. I suggest getting the fenders shaved as that would yield the most amount of space possible, maybe even a light pull. They'll poke about 1.1" more than mine but backspacing is about the same so no worries there.

Maybe something like a 265 or 255/30/19 would do the trick plus more camber (5+?). You'll need VMC or Megan Racing rear control arms to get that much though.

How low do you plan to run the car?

Ps. those wheels are HOT, you NEEEDD to find a way to squeeze them on does widebody count as a fender mod?!

I do like riding pretty low, i guess if i run these wheels ill ride as low as possible without too much rubbing, a little rubbing wouldnt hurt. Shaving my fenders, a little pull maybe, control arms, and def stretch tires should do the trick hopefully, oh and negative camber too. just need to know the clearance space i have between the inner wheel and the struts to be safe.

i WILLL find a way to squeeze them on lol. Widebody would be sick
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #28
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
Ahhh so its confirmed 1ers knows squat about fitment, except for the few posters above me lol. Drive on your 4x4 on square tires for the rest of your life for all i care.

Last edited by Tee212; 01-12-2011 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0