rod.bearings
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
135droptop Diff Lock Down Bracket Review

This was actually intended to be a reply to the thread but since I didn't notice it was locked... lol, I'm going to post it as a thread review

To defend the OP 135droptop,
It was actually me and a buddy who shipped him the "***********ions" diff lockdown brace. So the mounting holes are the same or maybe be a bit off since he did not have a MT (large diff) for him to try. All other specs of the length and width are the same. Just the design was different but it was still very durable

Either way comparing both braces they both do the same job. It's basically a piece of metal that keeps the diff in place. (Mine didn't fit exactly either but I didn't mind for the price and no one even notices it).

In my experience having FBO + Vargas stage 2 the cars rear end was too rubbery under hard acceleration. But with this brace + white line subframe inserts, it does not feel as sketchy anymore. I am now able to turn off traction and accelerate without the fear of the car losing control

Can't comment on reduced wheel hop or axel breaking, since I haven't tried launching much but it does increase traction since both wheels feel more planted. However, there are certain people (who use the other bracket) who have broken their axels with the brace but not due to wheel hop, instead it was because of increase traction

This is my unbiased option but yes, the OP is a little hot headed when faced with criticism but I see where he's coming from as he trying to do a favour for the forum. But I don't think provoking him will help either. This is also a reason why I sway to other forums for info.
Appreciate 0