BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

CT Emissions

I just put cat-less downpipes on my N54 and after a couple of days got the SES light on the dash for 29F4 and 29F5. I cleared them with MHD and have driven the car for a day or two, so far the SES light has not returned, I’m sure it will.
Question is, what does everyone else’s “readiness” look like on their MHD codes screen ?
I show everything complete except the following :

Catalyst : INCOMPLETE
Evaporative system : INCOMPLETE
Heated catalyst : not available
Secondary air system : not available
A/C refrigerant : not available
EGR system : not available

Is that normal and will I be able to pass emissions like that ?
Since I’ve only driven for a day or two since clearing the 29F4 and 5 codes can I expect anything else to go to “complete” status after a few more miles or do I have some repairs that need to be made in order to pass the emissions.
I currently have no map flashed using MHD, will be planning a stage 2 flash once I get an upgraded charge pipe and BOV. I understand that will take care of the SES light but not the readiness.

This, of course, is assuming I can also find a friendly emissions center that will overlook the missing cats…..
Appreciate 0