BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #23
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Wish you luck, just had the longest crank this morning didn't think it was going to start!
Went to move the car to wash it in the driveway and while it started the shuddering was amazing. Not sure if I'll be able to get to Rushcutters Bay Monday or if I'll need a tow. Maybe rocking up at the service bay on a flat bed Monday morning will make them take notice

Codes galore including;

29F2 Fuel high pressure system, fuel pressure
29DC Cylinder injection switch-off

FYI this is the worst I've ever had in terms of HPFP failure.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 05:46 AM   #24
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

how many kms on the clock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
Went to move the car to wash it in the driveway and while it started the shuddering was amazing. Not sure if I'll be able to get to Rushcutters Bay Monday or if I'll need a tow. Maybe rocking up at the service bay on a flat bed Monday morning will make them take notice

Codes galore including;

29F2 Fuel high pressure system, fuel pressure
29DC Cylinder injection switch-off

FYI this is the worst I've ever had in terms of HPFP failure.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #25
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
how many kms on the clock?
Car is 4 years old this month and I've done 90000 klms. Have had 5 HPFP's in that time and been reprogrammed 4 times so it's an obvious ongoing issue.

I'm assuming that they will now replace the HPFP and the injectors (that's the next step in the unofficial recall program after a software update that I have already had).
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #26
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Did it sound like this?

:-(
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #27
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I got my camera to record my long crank this morning and of course it starts straight away!

According to that video my error light should come on any day now...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #28
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

Took the car to the dealer today, and they told me they need another day to work out and fix the problem! At least they gave me a 320 convertible to drive.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #29
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Did it sound like this?

:-(
Yes about 70% of the time.

Otherwise it would start fine but have a lumpy idol, or you'd get onto the gas and the check engine light would come on.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #30
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

HPFP #6 installed and car is running great, really notice the improvement in power with a fully functioning pump
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #31
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep

A bit disappointed. They kept my car for over 2 days, and just did the software update. Said they had to do that first, and couldn't just replaced the pump. Also changed both Of my tail light, even though one was replaced about 6 months ago. Also changed my oli, oil filter, brake fluid, microfilter, all at 13000km.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #32
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
A bit disappointed. They kept my car for over 2 days, and just did the software update. Said they had to do that first, and couldn't just replaced the pump. Also changed both Of my tail light, even though one was replaced about 6 months ago. Also changed my oli, oil filter, brake fluid, microfilter, all at 13000km.
SW update first does seem to be standard procedure here. It was good of them to update your taillights and do the fluid and filter changes though I thought.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #33
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
SW update first does seem to be standard procedure here. It was good of them to update your taillights and do the fluid and filter changes though I thought.
True that. Surprised that they changed my brake fluid at 13k. Never tracked my car.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #34
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
True that. Surprised that they changed my brake fluid at 13k. Never tracked my car.
2 years every brake fluid change is standard procedure

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #35
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Quote:
HPFP #6 installed and car is running great, really notice the improvement in power with a fully functioning pump
Bugga - You win! I'm only on No 4! (as at 23000kms)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #36
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Let your fuel light come on, run it down really really low.

Then fang it around a few sharp bends at high speed. Should throw a code / limp mode if your HPFP is dodgy after the SW update. At least that worked for me until the pump died completely.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #37
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Let your fuel light come on, run it down really really low.

Then fang it around a few sharp bends at high speed. Should throw a code / limp mode if your HPFP is dodgy after the SW update. At least that worked for me until the pump died completely.
Think i will try this. Don't think the software update works. The long crank has returned after less than a week, but not as bad. waiting for it to get worse. Never had a code though, even before the software update.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #38
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Think i will try this. Don't think the software update works. The long crank has returned after less than a week, but not as bad. waiting for it to get worse. Never had a code though, even before the software update.
All the software does is prime the HPFP when you unlock the car, useless if your pump is mechanically failing IMHO.

I've noticed, even after having a new pump installed, the occasional crank that takes longer than the others so I need to give the car a good run. Was tempted while on the OPH last weekend but had suspicions the car behind me was an unmarked cop. Wound up he was and pulled me over for an RBT, despite me not doing anything untoward despite him tailgating me and obviously trying to tempt me into giving it some stick.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #39
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Did the trick of taking a corner real hard. Manage to get the half engine light. So hopefully when I bring it to auto classic on Monday they will replace my hpfp!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #40
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
All the software does is prime the HPFP when you unlock the car, useless if your pump is mechanically failing IMHO.

I've noticed, even after having a new pump installed, the occasional crank that takes longer than the others so I need to give the car a good run. Was tempted while on the OPH last weekend but had suspicions the car behind me was an unmarked cop. Wound up he was and pulled me over for an RBT, despite me not doing anything untoward despite him tailgating me and obviously trying to tempt me into giving it some stick.
I hate that baiting behaviour. What are they trying to achieve? It's things like that which ensure people hate Highway Patrol tax officials. I mean policemen.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #41
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
people hate Highway Patrol tax officials. I mean policemen.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #42
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

just got a call from the dealer they said they couldn't do anything as there are no fault codes and the fuel pump seems to be working fine as well.

Even though i had limp mode last weekend, this kinda sucks that I have to wait for my car to break down on the side of the road before they would fix it...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 02:24 AM   #43
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Have you changed your PROcede to stop clearing any fault codes?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 02:27 AM   #44
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

i thought the proceed wont clear major engine fault ?

Last edited by RaihaX; 05-31-2011 at 02:34 AM..
Appreciate 0