BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
CMT2002
Registered
Rep
Drives:

FP: New on the vert list

Well, I'm first on the list at my dealer here in Charleston, SC for the 135i ragtop. Just put my $1000 deposit down this week. All but $150 refundable, price will be MSRP. I may take the performance delivery option as Spartanburg isn't that far away and I have family close by in Asheville. Obviously don't even know color yet as it looks like the ragtops may have some different color options from the coupes.

This is my first post, but I've been lurking here for awhile. I used to be pretty active on the Roadfly 2002 forums back before they were Roadfly. That's been awhile.

Previous fun cars:

83 Honda Prelude - High School. Oh the stupid things I did in that Car.

74 BMW 2002 - I wrenched all over this thing, put in a new engine, new head, dual weber sidedrafts, new cam, new wheels, struts, brakes, distributorless ignition, etc. Parted it out when I accidentally drilled through a cylinder wall when trying to rebore/tap a hole for a water pump mounting bolt.

74 BMW 2002 tii Powered by a conforti-chipped S14 from an 89 E30 M3 - Parting out the previous car gave me nearly enough funds to buy this project car that was being used as a club racer. I drove it for 2 years as a daily driver without an interior or AC or stereo. My kid brother still has the car in Asheville, NC: If you are in that vicinity and see a beat up silver 2002 with black plastic bubble flares and a tag that reads M3 GUTZ, be careful. That thing will blow the doors off you in both the straights and the twisties, and blow your eardrums off as well. Its just got a coreless Supertrapp as a muffler, and sounds like a Stuka dive bomber at high revs. Close to 240hp at an 8k+ redline in a car that weighs ~2200 lbs was a heck of a lot of fun, but I've got a family these days, and it definitely wasn't a family car.

2003 Infiniti FX45 - Amazing car for its size, but I got tired of having to put my right foot into that V8 in order to feel like I was doing anything exciting. Very easy to be into triple digits without even noticing it. The auto trannys on these have a 2 sec delay on them in manual mode, which frustrated the heck out of me. Just sold this on ebay to a Canadian: with the strength of the Canadian dollar its actually cheaper for them to purchase here in the states and import.

Currently driving my hunting "truck", a 95 4runner, while I wait for the 1. Its good not to have car payments for awhile. And yeah, I'm hoping that the 1 reminds me strongly of my old 2002.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Welcome CMT2002! That S14 powered '02 must have been a beast of a ride. My standard '02 is a lot of fun--but alas I'm ready to sell it for 135i garage space.