BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
Georgelopz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Limp mode! P0326 knock sensor bank 1

Disclaimer: newbie

I just got my 09 135 a few months ago and my car already went into limp mode. It first happened when I down shifted to beat a yellow light. It was still smooth, just slow, so I kept driving to work since I was close. I did my 8 hours and it was gone! I was hoping it was just a hiccup. Two weeks after, again, I down shifted to beat another yellow light and it happened again! However, this time my service engine soon light turned on. It stayed in limp mode for two days (didn't drive it only to check if it goes away). Now, even though it's not in limp mode, it still doesn't feel as fast and the service engine soon light is still on. I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow but I wanted to ask if anyone has had this happened so I start getting an idea of what might be the problem so I don't get screwed at the dealer. Went to pep boys and they pulled the code p0326-knock sensor bank 1.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
templar12
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135iC

Similar to my current problem! 08 135, automatic. Same sensor code error, replaced the Knock sensor, same code popping up like clockwork but only when on highway, going 65-70 mph, and engine hits on or about 2300 rpm in high gear. Yellow Engine Light/LIMP mode. Drive around town, no highway, limp mode and light disappears. Engine and drive returns to normal. Sp/w a part time tech, says DME needs reflashed/reprogrammed.... what was your shop results....??? (btw-loved your tv show LOL)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #3
Georgelopz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sorry for the late reply. They couldn't find anything and it went away until now. They offer to replace the knock sensor and they were going to check for carbon build up. They said the carbon build up might be the cause for rough idling too. I found a place that does it for a lot cheaper so I'm going to get it walnut shell blasted and see if that does the trick. I'll keep you posted! I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Thanks about the show! Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
skeetx3
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but I got the same codes pulled P0326. I wanted to know if anyone else got these codes and what they did to fix the problem. Mine seems to go in and out after a few days and it's getting annoying.
      01-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
julietbaney
Banned
Rep
Drives: Honda

Same sensor code error, replaced the Knock sensor, same code popping up like clockwork but only when on highway, going 65-70 mph, and engine hits on or about 2300 rpm in high gear. Yellow Engine Light/LIMP mode. Drive around town,https://www.carcoverworld.com/car-covers
Appreciate 0