E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Geography, interior colors, and lower panels

05-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #1
Athos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6-spd

Geography, interior colors, and lower panels

I've noticed that color combinations vary by market locations. For example, some of the pics in the interior thread show Terra leather with black panels below the door armrests, lower console, footwells, and lower dash regions. However, the U.S. brochure I have shows these in a color similar to the Terra leather color. I suspect the Terra/black combination is available elsewhere and not the U.S. Personally, I like the Terra with the black but the reddish brown becomes a bit overwhelming when everything is in this color. Anyway, something to be aware of when you are trying to make a decision on interior colors and trim.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2005, 02:22 AM   #2
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04/E53/X5/3.0/PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos
I've noticed that color combinations vary by market locations. For example, some of the pics in the interior thread show Terra leather with black panels below the door armrests, lower console, footwells, and lower dash regions. However, the U.S. brochure I have shows these in a color similar to the Terra leather color. I suspect the Terra/black combination is available elsewhere and not the U.S. Personally, I like the Terra with the black but the reddish brown becomes a bit overwhelming when everything is in this color. Anyway, something to be aware of when you are trying to make a decision on interior colors and trim.
I had the same issue come up when I was going to order my E90...I kept reading the British manuals and then when the US one came out 2 months later, I was pissed off! Also with the chrome window trim for the 325i...The UK models have it on there, but not on the US models...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
Robert2
Rep
Drives: 645Ci

Lightbulb Lower panels and carpet BACK with Terra (U.S.)

The lower door panels and carpet are BLACK for all models with Terra leather. I Just saw this for myself in the showroom (Denver, Colorado, USA), and the delaer rep (knowledgeable) confirmed that this is a different, two-tone look, in contrast with the other leather colors. This at least allows the primary colors to be:

Headliner: Grey
Top: Black (bottom door panels and top instrumentation)
Middle: Trim strip separating top and bottom (wood or Aluminum)
Bottom: Terra (leather and top door panels)

[U]Headliner Color Grey/U]
Light grey headliner is common across all trims. Roup's pix show the headliner in light grey, matching his Aluminum trim, as does another set of pix that are of wood trim.

Robert

Last edited by Robert2; 06-12-2005 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0