BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #45
JeffyD
Destroy All Monsters
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 EB M Coupe, '11 M Coupe

Yes, indeed, it does have one of those, haha.

My intent is more for navigation integration, as well as a more cohesive media playback system. In addition to tidying up the cabin a bit - the pouch isn't great for holding the phone, and it just kind of irks me when the dang thing goes flying off to the side. Which it will.

I dunno. I'm aware that it's a lot of hassle for seemingly not much gain, but whatever.

I just need to get the thing delivered already. A bunch of roads have been screaming some possibilities, and I gotta get crackin' on chipping away at the warrantied mileage.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #46
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Great review of the S54 v N54. I've also got an S54-powered car in the stable and it is very tough to choose which is my favorites as they are such different beasts.

Congrats on getting a 1M!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #47
JeffyD
Destroy All Monsters
United_States
Rep

Just got done with one half of my 650ish round trip tour up the California state in order to attend Dorkfest '14. Hoooolllly crud, I love this car oodles. Just an amazing connection to it. Plus the comfort on the longer stretches of road was very much appreciated.

Anyway, gave her a good rinse.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #48
JeffyD
Destroy All Monsters
United_States
Rep

Okay, well today seems to be the day where I introduce my 1M to the Z3M crowd at Dorkfest for the first time. Hopefully I do not get burned at ze stake like a heretical witch.

Wish me luck.

Morning, guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #49
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffyD View Post
Just got done with one half of my 650ish round trip tour up the California state in order to attend Dorkfest '14. Hoooolllly crud, I love this car oodles. Just an amazing connection to it. Plus the comfort on the longer stretches of road was very much appreciated.

Anyway, gave her a good rinse.
looks great, man!!! glad you are enjoying it and driving it!!!

the 1M is an incredible, incredible car....there isn't a day that goes by when i don't find myself feeling very lucky to drive mine as a DD.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #50
JeffyD
Destroy All Monsters
United_States
Rep

Up here, there are a ton of gearheads. Not just like "newest M" guys, but completely redone builds and whatnot. I wound up catching so many guys breaking their necks to check it out. I kinda don't like the attention, but it was a little fun.

We took it up into the hills for a blast. This thing is just so amazing. I can't imagine a better DDer for my needs.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 04:08 AM   #51
JeffyD
Destroy All Monsters
United_States
Rep

Dorkfest was hawtt. But there was a couple who showed up in a AW 1M with the power bonnet, and wound up being the coolest people there.

Honestly, that was rad. Event,sure, but another random 1M being there, and having down to Earth people be the drivers? Made the trip so much better.
Appreciate 0