BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #111
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Great vid Corey. And you managed to get Wayne doing that sharp right turn at 0.05 in the gravel area!
can't figure out whether it was a touch of the handbrake or the speed of the film! wayne?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #112
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Great vid Corey. And you managed to get Wayne doing that sharp right turn at 0.05 in the gravel area!
That was me ripping a little hand-brake turn actually... the camera was on board with Wayne. :wink:

..oh, and I slowed that bit of the film down by half
      08-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #113
hummel
catching up...
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
That was me ripping a little hand-brake turn actually... the camera was on board with Wayne. :wink:

Was that the footage taken when Bonnie was in the car? If so I'll have to show her. Whats the soundtrack put with the video too? Not a bad little tune I thought.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #114
imported_Loki
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post

Oh that was you! Sorry, hard to tell apart when everyone looks alike, what with the rear spoilers :biggrin: Nice move!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #115
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post
Was that the footage taken when Bonnie was in the car? If so I'll have to show her. Whats the soundtrack put with the video too? Not a bad little tune I thought.
Hey mate, yep, Bonnie was in the car with Wayne whilst the camera was rolling... the tune I used to drown out their boring conversation (joking) is "Circles" by Adam F - a sweet drum 'n' bass tune from 1997... takes me back to my days of being a club D.J... ah, the memories! :wink:
      08-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #116
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Cool video Corey. That was the last section of the run guys. What it doesn't show is how damp the road is. Actually the section before that was way more slippery with snow around the side of the road. Adam, that is with Bonnie on board. I can tell because my driving wasn't one bit lairy lol. WOuld have been quite different if the camera was in my car the section before this when I was also leading the pack.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #117
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

corey, you were a DJ, are an awesome photographer and pull smooth handbrake turns. i vote you the coolest 1addict, mate!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #118
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
+1

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #119
hummel
catching up...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Cool video Corey. That was the last section of the run guys. What it doesn't show is how damp the road is. Actually the section before that was way more slippery with snow around the side of the road. Adam, that is with Bonnie on board. I can tell because my driving wasn't one bit lairy lol. WOuld have been quite different if the camera was in my car the section before this when I was also leading the pack.
I can tell you Bonnie very rarely gets scared and tells me to slow down. Good passenger like that. It was nice to push a little harder without her in the car though.

Thanks for the tune Corey, nice song takes me back to when I was a wee little 11yr old! haha
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 04:53 AM   #120
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Nice vid Corey.

What a road, 652 turns....

WAY the road did look greasy, understanding you had a passenger that prolly explains the lack of any dare I say, car pointing in one direction whilst travelling in another direction type of activity. :roundel:

Rare to see roads like that with stuff all traffic too!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #121
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Been flat out working and have not has a chance to check the forum. We all had a blast and I'm sure we'll do it again. Susan took around 10 minutes of video which I have transferred to my hard disc. I must say it was totally hilarious with more video of my dashboard, the snow (and me!) than the road through the windshield!! At the risk of making a sexist remark, somehow I don't think that women make the greatest video photographers in cars... I mean who cares about the snow!!

In any case, there is some great footage in there amongst all the snow and dashboard- including an absolute beauty of Ryan trying to control his friend " Understeer"!

There's a great scene in which Susan records me saying how exceptional the car is only to have her say how exceptional it is that she had not died of fright in the passenger seat! At 7/10ths? Oh well, she honestly was a fantastic sport though.

I'm pretty flat out over the next two days with work but will do my best to edit and save the video to Youtube so you guys can see it.

P.S Wayne, I'm still over the moon with that active processor-that little chip transforms this car from a fast car to a total beast- gotta love it!

Just wish I had your skills- I've done some advanced driving stuff in the past at Deca and at Phillip Island- but never in a car this fast.

I still can't believe that you took your traction control off in the wet!- you are one cool (if totally insane) dood!

And Corey, that 125 of yours is a very serious piece of machinery- was really impressed with how you drove it.

Gotta try that run again in October in the dry next time though. Maybe best for Wayne to start about an hour after the rest of us though, so that we can all finish together.........!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #122
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Haha you guys are making me sound like some hoon. I am no such thing officer!

We should organise a skid pan day and a track day as well at some stage. Looks like we have at least a few drivers here who loves to drive fast!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #123
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Skid pan day and track day (with DD perhaps?) would be a fantastic thing.

Maybe in a couple of months when a significant amount of people have their 1er.

Look forward to the video John!

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #124
hummel
catching up...
Rep

Quote:
Haha you guys are making me sound like some hoon. I am no such thing officer!

We should organise a skid pan day and a track day as well at some stage. Looks like we have at least a few drivers here who loves to drive fast!
Well Bonnie did say that your lines weren't as accurate as mine :biggrin::biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #125
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post
Well Bonnie did say that your lines weren't as accurate as mine :biggrin::biggrin:
haha obviously she doesn't understand racing line then! LOL.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #126
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

If you need help to get a day at Winton next year. I can organize something then.

Sandown you really need to get DD involved. Otherwise it will be a CAMS day and the cost is not worth it.

PI, forget it. We need more than 6 people for marshaling and none of us will be driving!
      08-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #127
hummel
catching up...
Rep

Quote:
haha obviously she doesn't understand racing line then! LOL.
hehe she understands apex's but said I was smoother. I explained that you were probably going a lot faster than I :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #128
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
If you need help to get a day at Winton next year. I can organize something then.

Sandown you really need to get DD involved. Otherwise it will be a CAMS day and the cost is not worth it.

PI, forget it. We need more than 6 people for marshaling and none of us will be driving!
Taka, you have done this a few times before. I will definitely be consulting you on organising a track day! Might be easier if we just hire Kev to do it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #129
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

It is easier for us to do it ourselves if we are going to Winton. I will be back to OzRenesis duties next year and certainly can get some spots for the 1ers.
      08-20-2008, 02:42 AM   #130
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Hey Taka, why can't we just tag on to Oz Renesis? We don't have as big a forum base here.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #131
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I'd be up for any skid-pan track day post Oct (need some run-in time for the car and me with the car).

Winton sounds good. Bitch getting your car home if something goes wrong, unless you tow it there.