BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #89
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
I was amazed to see the difference in breaking distances from 100->0 between our beloved 1er and the rest myself.
Indeed, another very good point about the 135i is its standard fitment of powerful six pot front and 4 pot rear Brembo stoppers :smile:

I remember asking the question on another thread as to why people would bother updating the brakes on this car, unless it was to be used for a serious track vehicle, otherwise for a street only use car, I would think a better set of pads is all you would need - if that at all :smile:
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:40 AM   #90
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

That's exactly right wraith. No point updating your brakes unless you are tracking it. The problem with our brakes, is that it has enormous stopping power, but the pads won't last you more than a few laps. The OE pads have very very good bite too, to the extend that when I changed over to a semi-track based RB74 pads that are longer than our factory pad, but braking distance suffered! I documented this on one of the previous thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 05:12 AM   #91
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Indeed, another very good point about the 135i is its standard fitment of powerful six pot front and 4 pot rear Brembo stoppers :smile:

I remember asking the question on another thread as to why people would bother updating the brakes on this car, unless it was to be used for a serious track vehicle, otherwise for a street only use car, I would think a better set of pads is all you would need - if that at all :smile:
And in reality that was a significant factor in the 135 coming out #2 in the BANG calc!
Appreciate 0