BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Which Front Lip do you want Scopione to Make?
iCarbon 102 41.63%
3D Front Lip 30 12.24%
Vorsteiner 50 20.41%
Kerscher 63 25.71%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

07-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #199
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Awesome, so you did have to drill into the bumper though, right?

Any chances of some pics of the whole car with it on? I really appreciate you taking the time to post these up, this wait for me has been killer.
I can take some pics of whole car w/ it on later, but not anytime soon.
Goin on a 2 week vacation.

I did have to drill some holes just to make it more secure on the inner and more forward side of the lip.
I think i drilled total of 6 holes, 3 left and 3 right.

I put the 6 OEM screws i took out into those spots and used some longer screws/washer i aquired from a hardware store in the spaces the OEM's where taken out. Will take a pic of it when i get home if i remember.

I didnt need to use all available holes to mount the thing. But figure more is better especially since its basically just plastic holdin it on there.
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #200
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Sweet, thanks for the info, and again, it looks great!

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #201
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Wow, looks great. Now if there was just an ABS version for those of us that want something with at least a little durability.
Seriously. Would it really be that difficult to make us some cheap fiber glass or FRP parts. I want a lip - but I don't want to spend a thousand bucks on something only for it to break a week later

That and I like the prospect of being able to paint it.

Ohh well. If I do buy a lip it's probably this one or slek anyway.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #202
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Seriously. Would it really be that difficult to make us some cheap fiber glass or FRP parts. I want a lip - but I don't want to spend a thousand bucks on something only for it to break a week later

That and I like the prospect of being able to paint it.

Ohh well. If I do buy a lip it's probably this one or slek anyway.

its a relatively cheap CF one.
If i recall, even the original Hammann one in FRP is pretty expensive. And to get one shipped here from Germany would probably be more expensive than this one. Guess i lucked out, this one was only 500 after shipping for me.
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #203
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
its a relatively cheap CF one.
If i recall, even the original Hammann one in FRP is pretty expensive. And to get one shipped here from Germany would probably be more expensive than this one. Guess i lucked out, this one was only 500 after shipping for me.
its the BMW tax man. <- thats what I say when im upset about economies of scale.

But how difficult would it be? iCarbon sold FRP alongside CF for a while. Shouldve jumped on it then, the FRP pieces were about 2/3 the price of the CF ones.

All that being said the scorpione piece is really nice. Id just like to be spending $400 on this - not $600.
Their rear valence piece sells at $400 - I get that the lip is a bit more complex of a shape but $200 more complex? I dont think so.

Ohh also would you mind taking a ground level shot square at the front of your car? I want to see what it looks like from that angle - thanks!

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #204
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
its the BMW tax man. <- thats what I say when im upset about economies of scale.

But how difficult would it be? iCarbon sold FRP alongside CF for a while. Shouldve jumped on it then, the FRP pieces were about 2/3 the price of the CF ones.

All that being said the scorpione piece is really nice. Id just like to be spending $400 on this - not $600.
Their rear valence piece sells at $400 - I get that the lip is a bit more complex of a shape but $200 more complex? I dont think so.

Ohh also would you mind taking a ground level shot square at the front of your car? I want to see what it looks like from that angle - thanks!

There is definitely a "BMW tax", and it sucks. When I had my Subaru, a CF front lip for that cost me $300. This one was twice that for the same amount of CF. Hell, my authentic Spec-C lip I had for awhile on my Subaru didn't cost me as much as this lip did, and I had that thing shipped straight from Japan.

I just hope this one fits better, and lasts longer than my iCarbon one did. As long as small, cuddly creatures stay out of my way, I should be fine, lol.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #205
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is definitely a "BMW tax", and it sucks. When I had my Subaru, a CF front lip for that cost me $300. This one was twice that for the same amount of CF. Hell, my authentic Spec-C lip I had for awhile on my Subaru didn't cost me as much as this lip did, and I had that thing shipped straight from Japan.

I just hope this one fits better, and lasts longer than my iCarbon one did. As long as small, cuddly creatures stay out of my way, I should be fine, lol.
I guess.

But I still want an answer as to how Scorpione sells a rear valence (BMW Perf replica) for $400 while this lip costs 50% more. The valence is a bigger chunk of CF and has just as complex of a shape as the lip.

So what gives? Why arent they both $400? Honestly if the lip was $400 Id buy one right now.

So whats it worth Scorpione? Are you going to keep losing sales like me - who refuses to see the value in a $700 piece of carbon tacked to my front bumper but wants one slightly cheaper?

Or will you continue to do what everyone else does and price yourselves out a decent amount of sales?

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #206
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep

Not sure if u can tell from my picks but the lip is actually hollow in the middle. The top and bottom halves are all carbon. One long ass sheet top and one long ass sheet on bottom basically. The surface area seems pretty big and complicated.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #207
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if u can tell from my picks but the lip is actually hollow in the middle. The top and bottom halves are all carbon. One long ass sheet top and one long ass sheet on bottom basically. The surface area seems pretty big and complicated.
Its not one sheet wrapped onto itself with a space inbetween? Thats not difficult to mould.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #208
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Thinking about buying that eBay hamann replica and attacking it with a dremel.
      07-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #209
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert
Quote:
Its not one sheet wrapped onto itself with a space inbetween? Thats not difficult to mould.
Your complaining about the cost based on size/carbon used for the rear diffuser compared to the front lip.
I was actually comparing my 3ddesign diffuser next the lip and the lip is considerably more carbon fiber because of the fact the scorpions lip is made of fiber top and bottom and longer than the diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #210
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your complaining about the cost based on size/carbon used for the rear diffuser compared to the front lip.
I was actually comparing my 3ddesign diffuser next the lip and the lip is considerably more carbon fiber because of the fact the scorpions lip is made of fiber top and bottom and longer than the diffuser.
yeah that makes sense I guess. Its the jewish blood man - try anything to save a few pennies

Would you mind getting me that shot of the front I asked for earlier though - im really thinking about grabbing one of these.

Its the jew in me again - theyre located in NYC so I can save on shipping

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #211
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Damn they did it. I'll get this before i repaint my hamann lip. Time to order before I return to Germany! And the Hamann one is hollow also and requires drilling in the same areas. I paid around 300 eur. for mine picked up at Hamanns showroom.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #212
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue
Damn they did it. I'll get this before i repaint my hamann lip. Time to order before I return to Germany! And the Hamann one is hollow also and requires drilling in the same areas. I paid around 300 eur. for mine picked up at Hamanns showroom.
Haha nice , so u are goin back to Germany after all? Heard u lost that followon.?

So u paid 300 euro back when exchange rate was higher right? So maybe USD459$?

IT'S a really nice front lip.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #213
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Slek copy please!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #214
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Slek copy please!

Another person that didn't read the thread, lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #215
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Haha nice , so u are goin back to Germany after all? Heard u lost that followon.?

So u paid 300 euro back when exchange rate was higher right? So maybe USD459$?

IT'S a really nice front lip.
I just now saw this lol. Yup, I lost Spang because of the A-10's, and I called my functional (who turned out to be my last flight chief ) and he gave me Ramstein. I'll take that.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #216
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Another person that didn't read the thread, lol.
It got too full of crap after the first few posts, couldn't be bothered to trawl through it all. I am replying in response to OP, even though Slek isn't listed.

Still, stand by it, Slek is the best look and I'd like to see something similar but more affordable for us overseas members...we have cars and roads over here too believe it or not.

OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been speaking with Mike at Scopione and they want to come out with a front lip. Unfortunately the research and development department at Scopione is at full capacity currently due to them working on many different BMW parts right now so they cannot put the resources to create their own front lip. But he said that if I can make a thread with a poll seeing which front lip everyone wants, they can produce that front lip which is already on the market in carbon fiber for a better price as they have done with the diffuser.

1. iCarbon Front Lip

2. 3D Front Lip

3. Vorsteiner Front Lip

4. Kerscher Front Lip

5. Forgot to include Hamann and I can't edit the poll to add it as an option but here is a picture. If you want Hamann then make a reply.

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #217
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
It got too full of crap after the first few posts, couldn't be bothered to trawl through it all. I am replying in response to OP, even though Slek isn't listed.

Still, stand by it, Slek is the best look and I'd like to see something similar but more affordable for us overseas members...we have cars and roads over here too believe it or not.

OP:

I'm aware what the OP said, however, if you would have read thru the thread you would have found out that the lip in question has already been made and is available for sale right now.

http://www.scopioneusa.com/all-produ...h-e82-e88.html

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #218
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

have you guys seen this? LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10-BMW-E8...dc8179&vxp=mtr
      09-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #219
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post

Yeah, I mentioned you in this thread about that very product.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603149

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #220
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm aware what the OP said, however, if you would have read thru the thread you would have found out that the lip in question has already been made and is available for sale right now.

http://www.scopioneusa.com/all-produ...h-e82-e88.html
Oh I see. I saw that yes but hoped that future replica's could be on the cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
I've seen that, looks good but people's reviews are either good or bad regarding the work needed to make it fit. Some people grind it a little and it fits well, others have to hack it to death and it still doesn't line up. For the price though, should you expect that? I guess.

We have two lips available over here, Kerscher or an iCarbon copy which I am not keen on. The lastest generation of BMW's aren't that well supported but if you've got an E36/46, you're covered for all area's. I suspect the E9x/E8x will be the same in 2-3yrs when it's totally obsolete.
Appreciate 0