Moton all day.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #46
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
Thanks.

I ran AST 4200s on my previous car (a much-modified '99 M Coupe) and liked them. Just not sure how their "internals" compared to the Motons.

Neil
Two different technologies, AST uses shim stacks and Moton uses orfice bleed.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #47
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Hey so ive notived throughout this whole thread no one has those bilstein coilovers in there. I was told bilsteins are alot better quality and ride then kw coilovers and are the same price range. Im fairly new to suspension modding so im looking between the bilsteins and kws ( pss10s vs v3) i know all the other companies AST JRZ MOTON and ohlins are top of the line and really expensive. I really want a suspension that is going to be really nice for road driving and better then the stock suspension but still comforable

Does any have there .02 on this?

I was looking at a sleeve kit but i want to do the car right and get the damper as well .

So basically whats better quality/ ride and adjustment? Bilstein or KW
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #48
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///1rider View Post
Hey so ive notived throughout this whole thread no one has those bilstein coilovers in there. I was told bilsteins are alot better quality and ride then kw coilovers and are the same price range. Im fairly new to suspension modding so im looking between the bilsteins and kws ( pss10s vs v3) i know all the other companies AST JRZ MOTON and ohlins are top of the line and really expensive. I really want a suspension that is going to be really nice for road driving and better then the stock suspension but still comforable

Does any have there .02 on this?

I was looking at a sleeve kit but i want to do the car right and get the damper as well .

So basically whats better quality/ ride and adjustment? Bilstein or KW
There is also Koni and AST, but the title of the thread is Moton vs KW. Do a search, I am sure you will end up with reviews on the other brands are you after.
Appreciate 0