BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Navigation Screen w/o Convience Package (US Model)

My BSM just arrived at the dealership (I am picking it up on Saturday morning ). My order sheet specified Premium Package 2 (which said it included navigation - dealer and I thought it was a typo), Heated Seats, Satellite Radio, and HK (note my order was originally placed before the package change). From the pictures that my dealer sent me it clearly has the Navigation Screen Surround but no PDC sensors on the back. Anyone else have this combo?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
bmwmck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Beater

congrats on the pick up. unrelated, but nice M3 in the background..

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
bentone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3/'79 911SC

Are you saying you don't have any other options except what you listed? For a week or two Nav could be added as a standalone option at no charge in the configurator on the BMW USA website. It was obviously an error but I asked my CA if anybody had been able to actually order a car configured as such and he said no, but how the heck would he know? Anyway it would be incredibly cool if that's how yours ended up, and would make your 1M even more rare. Ask him to send some pics and scan your build sheet if you can and post it here.

Can't believe you have the restraint to wait until Saturday. If you haven't already, maybe tell the dealer there should be absolutely no "check out" rides by anybody at the dealership (search "Pacific BMW" if you're not already familiar with that debacle). Any more than a few miles on the car is suspect.

Where are you in VA? Congrats and enjoy the weather while you can!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

From sep 1st 2011 through sept 4th. The orders been fulfilled with free navigation without premium package charges if you would have ordered harman kardon and Bluetooth USB option as stand alone option. Per BMW regional sales rep.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentone View Post
Are you saying you don't have any other options except what you listed? For a week or two Nav could be added as a standalone option at no charge in the configurator on the BMW USA website. It was obviously an error but I asked my CA if anybody had been able to actually order a car configured as such and he said no, but how the heck would he know? Anyway it would be incredibly cool if that's how yours ended up, and would make your 1M even more rare. Ask him to send some pics and scan your build sheet if you can and post it here.

Can't believe you have the restraint to wait until Saturday. If you haven't already, maybe tell the dealer there should be absolutely no "check out" rides by anybody at the dealership (search "Pacific BMW" if you're not already familiar with that debacle). Any more than a few miles on the car is suspect.

Where are you in VA? Congrats and enjoy the weather while you can!
I guess I am one of the "lucky" few with navigation as part of the premium package. The build sheet does say navigation under the Premium Package II (but everyone thought it was a typo)... not complaining. Maybe I can retro fit the BMW Apps (as some have done over on M3Post).

I am in Charlottesville. The car won't be ready for pick-up until Friday due to Thanksgiving day (we were hoping that it would have come in yesterday). I am picking it up first thing in the morning on Saturday (before the big UVA/VT game) due to family obligations/travel associated with Thanksgiving and yes I am dying to pick it up. The CA already promised that any Pacific BMW antics wouldn't occur and that it would have less than 5 miles on it when I pick it up (it currently has 2). Off to the Blue Ridge Parkway and to begin break-in on Sunday morning to visit more family in Southwest VA.

Last edited by burnsniper; 11-23-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
Martillo
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Yes, I got it as well... a real treat!!! My first bimmer is a no bummer experience... got to go and wax the car now. see ya!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
tjm129
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M(382/740)

Looks like you are going to beat me! Mine is still at the VPC in NJ. Congrats on the car.

TJ
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm129 View Post
Looks like you are going to beat me! Mine is still at the VPC in NJ. Congrats on the car.

TJ
Thanks! I hope yours gets to SWVA soon!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
getmetnow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
From sep 1st 2011 through sept 4th. The orders been fulfilled with free navigation without premium package charges if you would have ordered harman kardon and Bluetooth USB option as stand alone option. Per BMW regional sales rep.
My CA said the same thing. I will be picking up my VO at PCD on 11/28. I will see if it is true. I ordered mine on Sept 2nd. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmetnow View Post
My CA said the same thing. I will be picking up my VO at PCD on 11/28. I will see if it is true. I ordered mine on Sept 2nd. We will see.
I did not order Bluetooth as a stand alone option.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmetnow View Post
I also had the 7kb (navigation) option list as n/c on my build sheet, as well as, some odd stuff like cup holders, real time traffice, online services, etc. We will see on 11/28. Fingers crossed for both of us. Also, the premium package I purchase was also listed as premium 2.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
getmetnow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
I also had the 7kb (navigation) option list as n/c on my build sheet, as well as, some odd stuff like cup holders, real time traffice, online services, etc. We will see on 11/28. Fingers crossed for both of us. Also, the premium package I purchase was also listed as premium 2.
Ditto for me on my order sheet. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I ordered HK audio, BT and USB, and BMW Assist. When I picked up my 1M at BMW Welt it had all that... plus Nav w/ iDrive. Definitely didn't see that coming.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #14
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Lucky bastards,

Something like this was reported on 1 addicts around half of August. And i got exited as my build was in early September. Unfortunately my CA is on a minimum effort policy so my pleads for more insights on this temporary pricing fluke remained unanswered. Without the premium package and FOC, who would not have wanted the Display/iDrive/Navi?

Now I just feel lucky I got the new combined Bluetooth with the USB option, eliminates another item on the retrofit list.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
It turns out that I did get Nav/idrive for free. I realized this first thing in the morning at the PCD, when I noticed the screen, but didn't see parking sensors on the bumper. Anything free is a good thing, but I would've been happy either way. Until I get used to it, it will continue to frustrate me until I .
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #16
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It turns out that I did get Nav/idrive for free. I realized this first thing in the morning at the PCD, when I noticed the screen, but didn't see parking sensors on the bumper. Anything free is a good thing, but I would've been happy either way. Until I get used to it, it will continue to frustrate me until I .
Picked mine up on Saturday. While I was skeptical about the iDrive at first and didn't order it (especially considering the additional cost of the convenience package), its great once you get use to it! I consider the free iDrive a little bonus for having to wait so long for the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I think it's cool for you folks that got the "bonus" iDrive, but as a software guy it's a little disturbing that a glitch like this actually made it into production.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #18
Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Well I picked up mine on Nov. 28 at the Welt. I had ordered a stripper with only BT and USB options, so guess my surprise when they take me down to the floor at the Welt and I noticed my car has the iDrive/navigation screen. I checked the order sheet my dealer gave me when we completed the paperwork ahead of my trip to Munich, and the options were right (no packages no navi, and so said the copy of the order I got at the Welt). The car has iDrive and Nav only, no heated seats, no PDC, nothing else (other than a second cupholder that I think is not on the standard cars, and that honestly I am no crazy about). We had bought a TomTom for the trip in Europe, which we ended up not using of course.

I figured since my car was built in October this was some sort of Oktoberfest fluke, but apparently is due to the Sep 1-4 order system fluke, either way I am not complaining.....

Last edited by Ayrton91; 12-10-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0