BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #45
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Barry @ 3DM used Ohlin's as the basis for his custom coilovers. My guess is that his feedback, and actual shaker rig testing results, prompted Ohlin's to do more than just adapt their generic damper to the platform.
I got mine through Barry. Great guy, sent me pictures as he revalved my dampers to match the valving of the 1M kit, and kept me informed on the progress. Couldn't have been happier with the purchasing experience.

The reason for the MI00 kit's super soft rear springs, if I remember my research correctly, is because that's what worked best with the stock non-m subframe bushings. I think they finally realized that everyone who's paying this much for suspension, has upgraded the rear subframe bushings, and that's why they jacked-up the rear rates for the new 1-series specific kit. I assume they'll then do an updated E9x kit with appropriately high rear spring rates as well.

My only complaint with the Ohlins is that ride height isn't adjustable independently from pre-load. That said, the recommended setting, especially with the shorter 7" springs, is absolutely perfect.
asbrr543.00
lab_rat394.50
      02-10-2020, 04:05 AM   #46
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i M Sport Vert

http://www.**********s.com/Ohlins-Ro...rs-BMW-E82.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 12:34 AM   #47
alindquist
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_M View Post
UK Dealers are still recomending BMS MI00 for the E82, I've mailed them back with details of the new kit. Waiting on a response.

Have also mailed Ohlins HQ in Sweden.

Where did you buy your kit?
Sorry for my late reply, got it from Öhlins as it was developed on my car. Had it since September. I've been doing 5 trackdays and over 7000 km's at them now.

You can buy them from Öhlins or at Millway.com.
https://www.millway.se/ohlins-road-t...1-e82-e87.html
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #48
dubluv17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey, I just ordered a set of these. Can somebody who has them and installed them themselves tell me what parts need to be swapped over from existing suspension components (i.e. upper mounts, lower mounts, etc). I'd like to order everything now so that it's ready to go when the Ohlins get here. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #49
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubluv17 View Post
Hey, I just ordered a set of these. Can somebody who has them and installed them themselves tell me what parts need to be swapped over from existing suspension components (i.e. upper mounts, lower mounts, etc). I'd like to order everything now so that it's ready to go when the Ohlins get here. Thanks!
I'd call HP Autosport, I've been on the phone with them a few times with questions regarding some Konis I bought from them and they've been extremely helpful every time.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #50
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Quote:
I'd call HP Autosport, I've been on the phone with them a few times with questions regarding some Konis I bought from them and they've been extremely helpful every time.
heard really good things about Harold
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 09:52 PM   #51
dubluv17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

I didn't buy from him, but maybe I'll still give it a shot. Thanks.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #52
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
I didn't buy from him, but maybe I'll still give it a shot. Thanks.

Quote:
I knows he knows the Ohlins suspension very well on this car, I'm sure he'll help
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #53
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
I knows he knows the Ohlins suspension very well on this car, I'm sure he'll help
Oh yeah!
Appreciate 0