BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #45
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
I found a pair on eBay and I hope it's not too good to be true, OEM new

I shall find out when the seller responds. I asked for more pictures
As I mentioned in the other thread...make sure he has both sides.

One guy I found awhile back had a similar ad, but it was only the passenger side. He had just copied and pasted the info into his ad without looking at the specifics his ad stated!
at least your guy had one of the sides! the seller just messaged me telling me that the part is NLA and it was an "inventory error"
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #46
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
at least your guy had one of the sides! the seller just messaged me telling me that the part is NLA and it was an "inventory error"
Sorry to hear that. Just keep your head up and keep looking. I was calling all the aftermarket suppliers once every 2 weeks as they told me they sometimes come across them.....and I got lucky.

And if it comes down to it, there is still the Reiger option. I think it looks the best out of all the alternatives.
      01-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #47
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I had gave up but I will eventually be doing some paint work and would like upgraded side skirts at that point. I guess I'll look into Reiger and I probably should do that before they are discontinued also.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #48
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Rieger parts are nice. The correct material too.

Side skirt is hard to visualize as there are so few pictures of them. Nice alternative to the BMWP skirts, and appear to sit lower as well which should do well with those with front splitters or lips.

Think it would look complete with the sideskirt blades circulating via a member here.
      04-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #49
Kill Bill
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Cheap side skirt mod

Interested in a really inexpensive way to upgrade your side skirt? Get some vinyl wrap and cut in some accents. Attaching photos of my 2011 135i (RHD, Japan)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yt...Mj6moWnDyOewCd

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WF...Q5d_b7Pf5qSpE7

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10h...DWUHK8jj-IOjNo
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 11:59 AM   #50
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

has anyone had luck with Umnitza?

https://www.umnitza.com/e82-1-series...rformance.html

I believe the OEM bumpers are PP material and not ABS correct? I think I might settle for the M Sport E82 skirts + BMW Performance Aero front cause I've given up on looking for the Aero skirts and would rather keep it OEM rather than have one part be a replica.. it sounds silly but it's a principles thing for me as every other part of the upgraded body are OEM original parts
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 04:52 AM   #51
sporek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i 6MT M-sport

Quote:
has anyone had luck with Umnitza?

https://www.umnitza.com/e82-1-series...rformance.html

I believe the OEM bumpers are PP material and not ABS correct? I think I might settle for the M Sport E82 skirts + BMW Performance Aero front cause I've given up on looking for the Aero skirts and would rather keep it OEM rather than have one part be a replica.. it sounds silly but it's a principles thing for me as every other part of the upgraded body are OEM original parts
Doing a Google search for Umnitza reveals a bunch of negative feedback going back to 2009, though most of it seems to be centered around their headlights, halo mods, and generally crappy customer service. There were just as many folks that reported no issues, so YMMV.

Looking at the page you linked to, the skirts are made of polypropylene, and from the two pictures they posted, appear to be solid replicas. For $200 I wouldn't expect showroom quality, but as long as there isn't any gross fitment issues, you probably wouldn't be able to tell they were replicas from a normal viewing distance. I will give these guys a try in a couple of months once I get a some of my other projects out of the way. I want the Aero side skirts soooo bad and am kicking myself for not getting the OEM ones two years ago when they were still in stock at getBMWparts.com.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 07:55 AM   #52
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Did you guys look at the Reiger options I posted on this thread earlier on the 2nd page?

I would have went with those if I hadn't scored the OEM Aero's earlier.

Call the suppliers weekly. That's what I did. One day they happened to have one set show up....and I scored.
      12-18-2020, 04:56 AM   #53
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
I just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else is looking for a set. There is a seller on eBay selling aftermarket BMW style Performance Side Skirts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114305865740

Made off a thick molded ABS plastic, w/ mounting holes just like ORM. Good quality and look exactly like the BMW style. $300 with shipping from EU. I pain $325 to have them painted and mounted locally.
Attached Images

12-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #54
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else is looking for a set. There is a seller on eBay selling aftermarket BMW style Performance Side Skirts.

Made off a thick molded ABS plastic, w/ mounting holes just like ORM. Good quality and look exactly like the BMW style. $300 with shipping from EU. I pain $325 to have them painted and mounted locally.
Side skirts look good!

And as far as I'm concerned, you're not missing anything not having the Performance front bumper. I like the M Sport bumper better.

Your side skirts make the 264s look better as well. Always thought the 264s were good looking wheels anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 03:18 PM   #55
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:

Side skirts look good!

And as far as I'm concerned, you're not missing anything not having the Performance front bumper. I like the M Sport bumper better.

Your side skirts make the 264s look better as well. Always thought the 264s were good looking wheels anyway.
you actually are missing something if you get the M Performance Aero bumper

...fog lights!

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #56
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

...fog lights!
The 135i models didn't get fog lights. Most of them have an oil cooler in the passenger side front fender (air duct) area.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1242171
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #57
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

...fog lights!
The 135i models didn't get fog lights. Most of them have an oil cooler in the passenger side front fender (air duct) area.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1242171
there's an M Sport bumper with fogs and it's not the ecs tuning aftermarket ones.. it's sold by getbmwparts (a dealerships online store that sells genuine parts)

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #58
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
there's an M Sport bumper with fogs and it's not the ecs tuning aftermarket ones.. it's sold by getbmwparts (a dealerships online store that sells genuine parts)
It's for the 128i.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637767
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #59
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I've seen these in my neverending quest to find OEM ones (yes, I know they've been NLA but one can have hope right?) and I'm glad to see that they fit and look great IRL. I have decided to keep my cosmetic mods to genuine parts so even though it does sound silly is why I didn't take the chance on them (aside from potential fitment issues.. the 128 I have has base side skirts so I got the M Sport ones instead)

Very happy it worked out and looks sharp.. couldn't be able to tell till you told us

Appreciate 1
Gangplank1538.50
      12-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #60
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BTW, getbmwparts.com was one of my favorite stores when I was buying parts for my 1ers.

Best prices and best service. Used to be called Tischer BMW and is now called BMW of Silver Spring.

I still recommend them whenever I can.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 05:42 AM   #61
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I've seen these in my neverending quest to find OEM ones (yes, I know they've been NLA but one can have hope right?) and I'm glad to see that they fit and look great IRL. I have decided to keep my cosmetic mods to genuine parts so even though it does sound silly is why I didn't take the chance on them (aside from potential fitment issues.. the 128 I have has base side skirts so I got the M Sport ones instead)

Very happy it worked out and looks sharp.. couldn't be able to tell till you told us
I was the same. Wanted to stay OEM but they are no longer available so your best bet is finding some on a part out. That said, these look exactly like the OEM I’ve never seen the OEM ones up close but looking at pictures online they look exactly the same.

I’m happy with how they turned out. Now if I could just decide what to do for the rear spoiler. LOL. Rear spoiler delete for a clean look, perf. style in paint matched or jet black or carbon fiber. Thinking about the de-spoiler clean look to start. The stock one is just silly looking.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 05:51 AM   #62
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Side skirts look good!

Thanks. The perf. style side skirt rockers add a nicer profile to the car. Something about the way they are shaped is slightly different and it has a better profile. I'm a fan of the 264s when they are clean. They get dirty so fast! When I first got my car everyone wanted the 261 or 313 style rims.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #63
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. The perf. style side skirt rockers add a nicer profile to the car. Something about the way they are shaped is slightly different and it has a better profile. I'm a fan of the 264s when they are clean. They get dirty so fast! When I first got my car everyone wanted the 261 or 313 style rims.
My first 1er had the 264s and I liked them a lot. My 2nd one had 261s. Was not a big fan of those. You know how feel about the 313s, so when I first saw them in 2011, plus not loving the 261s, I knew I had to have them. If I had the 264s on my 2nd 1er I might've just stayed with them. Nah, those 313s were too pretty. lol

Regarding your spoiler choices, I think I said before to you that my choice would be a color matched Performance style spoiler. Think it will add a classy look to your car in Space Grey, plus it will blend better.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #64
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I was the same. Wanted to stay OEM but they are no longer available so your best bet is finding some on a part out. That said, these look exactly like the OEM I've never seen the OEM ones up close but looking at pictures online they look exactly the same.

I'm happy with how they turned out. Now if I could just decide what to do for the rear spoiler. LOL. Rear spoiler delete for a clean look, perf. style in paint matched or jet black or carbon fiber. Thinking about the de-spoiler clean look to start. The stock one is just silly looking.
I have the BMW Performance one and the weave is absolutely perfect, searching around I got a good price on it. Looks great in the sun as well. This picture is when I got it. I'll try to get one of it on the car soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Gangplank1538.50
      12-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #65
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have the BMW Performance one and the weave is absolutely perfect, searching around I got a good price on it. Looks great in the sun as well. This picture is when I got it. I'll try to get one of it on the car soon.
Carbon fiber is beautiful. I think most people like the CF spoilers the way they are. I'm sure I'm in the minority who likes them painted to match the color of the car. I never pulled the trigger and got one for either of my 1ers, even though I always liked the look. Too much of a procrastinator, I guess.
Appreciate 1
Gangplank1538.50
      12-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #66
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was the same. Wanted to stay OEM but they are no longer available so your best bet is finding some on a part out. That said, these look exactly like the OEM I've never seen the OEM ones up close but looking at pictures online they look exactly the same.

I'm happy with how they turned out. Now if I could just decide what to do for the rear spoiler. LOL. Rear spoiler delete for a clean look, perf. style in paint matched or jet black or carbon fiber. Thinking about the de-spoiler clean look to start. The stock one is just silly looking.
Looks nice. Post a pic of it on the car.