BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #89
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
TunedM2C's Avatar
No_Country
661
Rep
4,201
Posts

Drives: 2016 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
did anyone else spot the m3 seats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
True..And if you look close enough it also seems to be a true ///M steering wheel with the multi coloured stitching.
Not to mention the differential, wider track, fine tuned suspension (as shown in the 'ring vid) and Scott's 'M'put. Yet to some, this is only a 135is because it doesn't have a four barrel exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #90
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
335
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
Not to mention the differential, wider track, fine tuned suspension (as shown in the 'ring vid) and Scott's 'M'put. Yet to some, this is only a 135is because it doesn't have a four barrel exhaust.

LOL. Does the 335iS have M3 seats?!?!
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #91
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
TunedM2C's Avatar
No_Country
661
Rep
4,201
Posts

Drives: 2016 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (2)

Having owned several M cars in the past I can say the seats depicted here in the pic are indeed M seats.


Test mule



E90 M3


Last edited by TunedM2C; 05-02-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #92
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
335
Rep
4,240
Posts

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, Tuned1. I edited my post after I did some research.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #93
zuggerat89
Still waiting...
zuggerat89's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
888
Posts

Drives: OGV
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Monmouth County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Are you seriously telling me that the photographer got that close to the car and couldn't get a decent picture of the tach? UGH!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #94
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
32
Rep
1,751
Posts

Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

The gauge needles are red(///M are red)
Non-M are white

And the steering wheel is from an ///M
__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #95
dkdurham
Second Lieutenant
Canada
15
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond Hill

iTrader: (0)

it WILL be an M. I was at M in Munich last October and witnessed it at the source.

Good eye on spotting the M Seats!

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

-DK
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #96
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
TunedM2C's Avatar
No_Country
661
Rep
4,201
Posts

Drives: 2016 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
The gauge needles are red(///M are red)
Non-M are white
Nice one. I completely missed this.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #97
Robert
Major General
233
Rep
6,937
Posts

Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Alright the guys who said it's not a M owes me a drink for reading all that tirade saying it's not.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #98
Spartikus
First Lieutenant
Spartikus's Avatar
32
Rep
305
Posts

Drives: Twin-Turbos
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TheDarkSide

iTrader: (0)

You guys are good. The needles on that tach is definitely red.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #99
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
32
Rep
1,751
Posts

Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

Like I've mentionned earlier the needles are red so does the E53 X5 in their 4.6 4.8IS version they had the moving redline along with the red needles...however these cars we're not Real ///M so this car could still be a 135is......
__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #100
Spartikus
First Lieutenant
Spartikus's Avatar
32
Rep
305
Posts

Drives: Twin-Turbos
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TheDarkSide

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Like I've mentionned earlier the needles are so does the E53 X5 in their 4.6 4.8IS version they had the moving redline along with the red needles...however these cars we're not Real ///M so this car could still be a 135IS......

You make a valid point but can you explain the M3 seats? I still say not a chance in hell its a 135iS. For one, Scott says an M is definitely in the name even though they didnt bite the bullet name-wise. Two, the iS cars they released recently dont have red needles. Would they break from such recent uniformity? I dont think so. That makes the X5 4.8is almost an apples to oranges comparison. One could say that BMW ditched the red needles for iS cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #101
sid33
Enthusiast
sid33's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Def the same steering wheel found in an M3 . I just test drove one 2 weeks ago and if you look close in the pic you can see the same blue and orange stitching on the inside of the wheel ...
__________________
2012 BMW 335xi Coupe - Black
2011 BMW 335d - Titanium Silver
2011 BMW M3 Coupe - Space Gray
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #102
Spartikus
First Lieutenant
Spartikus's Avatar
32
Rep
305
Posts

Drives: Twin-Turbos
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TheDarkSide

iTrader: (0)

Does non-//M BMW's have multicolored stitching on the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #103
Robert
Major General
233
Rep
6,937
Posts

Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Maybe it's like the 318ti M sport ;-)

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121589
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #104
///M///M Good
Private First Class
///M///M Good's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: people nuts
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the argument holds true against a new product line with the introduction of the X5 M and X6 M - both cars released within 18 months of their newest respective models (the latest iteration of the x5 and, a relatively more patinated but still youthful X6) and both a first for bmw M.

As I've said before, we shall wait and see - I hope its a 1 series M but I'm leaning the other way. Obviously the fellas at M Gmbh haven't been sticking to the rules lately so lets hope they veer from their historic (granted more recent last 10 years) behavior.
Like you said, The X5 is in its 2nd generation. The X6 is an off-shoot of the X5. The 1 is in its 1st generation. The 1 is the only 1st generation vehicle in its line-up that isn't an off-shoot of another chassis. For example, the 6 series had an M version right away, but mechanically it's merely a 5 series coupe. So if you're going to have an M5, you might as well have an M6 since you've already done the engineering. This isn't the case with the 1 - it stands alone as a new model line without a mechanically related model.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #105
Harold Wood
Chopperphoto
Harold Wood's Avatar
United Kingdom
562
Rep
791
Posts

Drives: Loadsabimmers
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Render at the ring

Just rendered it onto the Ring!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #106
ElMills
""""""
ElMills's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2016 F83 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Mini Coupe S  [0.00]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Are those M3 Novillo leather seats I see?? noice
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #107
Evan135
Private First Class
3
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: My wife Crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M///M Good View Post
Your argument fails to take into account the fact that you are comparing established product lines versus a new product line. The current M3 is in its 4th generation as a version of a car line in its 5th generation. The current M5 is in its 4th or 5th generation (depending on whether or not you count the E12 M535i as an "M") as a version of a car line in its 5th generation. The 1 series was a completely new car line for BMW and, as such, you really can't make the same comparison. BMW didn't know if there was going to be a market for the car, especially after the 318ti's failure in the US (and 2nd generation failure everywhere else). So you can't compare a potential M version of the 1 series to the others, since you can't be certain an M version was a foregone conclusion of the model range like it is for the 3 and 5, which are well-established.

Also, if you look at the 335is, you see BMW doing an upgrade with off-the-shelf parts from the BMW Performance line . . . no LSD, no bodywork other than bolt-ons. The 1 series mules we've been seeing are clearly more substantial than that, and in more than one shot show LSD's with cooling fins, a bigger M trademark than the quad exhausts so many are focusing on.
I think you and Spartikus and right. The 335is has a performance engine kit, performance wheels, a simple body kit of front/rear bumpers and side sils, etc. No new fenders, no new brakes, no new rear axle, no different front track, no different rear track, no M sourced suspension arms, etc. The mules we are seeing are getting an M level of equipment and development. Anybody see current M3 style wheels and M3 seats in either "is"? They are here on these unfinished M1/M Turbo mules.

So much of the M3 will transfer to the M1/M Turbo from the M3 that it will be cost effective and quick too.

Also when the 1 series first came out the world was not in a reccession. There was a weak reason for an M1/M turbo as it could have hurt M3 sales. BMW now wants an affordable M due to reccesion and to build M brand loyalty. Toyota sells Scions to the young, so they can sell Toyotas to the middle age, to sell them a Lexus if they do well. Same sell up strategy here.

These mules, which have all M modifications, not performance parts, are far more M than "is".

Many think the lack of quads proves this is not an M. The reason you may not be seeing quads is that BMW will have to use a new floor pan in the trunk to make them fit. They had to do this on the e46 M3 also. The tooling may not be done for that yet.

We still do not know, but I see more evidence and a better business case for this to be an "M" .
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #108
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
John Tanglewood's Avatar
Jamaica
974
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: '15 yaaaas
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (12)

I CANT WAIT for this car to come out and people to stop talking.

I really cannot fathom how BMW is going to squeeze this car in performance-wise between the 135i and the M3.

Think it will have 335is performance, even that may put it on par with the M3.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 02:45 AM   #109
Robert
Major General
233
Rep
6,937
Posts

Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Oh, btw, adding something else to the MIX. BMW will build a Z4M or M coupe equivalent as soon as Audi (if) releases the R4.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #110
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
273
Rep
3,897
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Oh, btw, adding something else to the MIX. BMW will build a Z4M or M coupe equivalent as soon as Audi (if) releases the R4.
Audi already has TT-RS.


By the way, who was able to get interiour pics of this "M1"? If he was so close to it he could get a pic of rev counter to see where the redline is, at 7K or 8K?

And, yes the M1 has M3 seats, but I want lighter seats than these. At least BMW Performance seats in M style stiching and M logo.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST