BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #67
Syclone
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i E88 Cnvt Mblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdnj View Post
All the respect in the world for you doing the top replacement, looks difficult af. Why the h do they make it so difficult and expensive. I would imagine labor is several thousand at a dealer.
It's really not bad at all. Just follow the video and take some pictures. Much easier than an oil pan gasket or water pump replacement. One difficult thing not in the video was the very front of the roof attachment of the new roof - I thought there was a channel the front bead had to sit in - that is wrong - you just pull it up front and wrap it over the frame without paying attention to the bead and clamp it down. Also if you don't have metric rivets, just use 5/16" and drill out the holes a little bit to fit them in.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0