BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
How-To: Remove A/C & Radio controls, '09 with CIC

There are a few how-to's around for this, but often they no longer have pics or not much beyond "just pull em out...", and many are for cars without CIC. Thought I'd add the process I used to pull mine out, and attach the pics so they'll be here in the future.

There are 6 pics attached, basically following the process-
- Remove the upper dash trim, which pulls off easily starting from either side. You can see the orange clips and there are metal pins on the trim that go into those orange clips. Much like door panel clips sometimes the orange clips will come away with the trim- no worries they'll go right back.

- the next two pics are for the A/C controls. Retained only by two spring clips, one on each side, the control panel pulls out with some effort to overcome the springs.

- The last three pics are for the panel holding the radio & seat heater controls (note later versions have the seat heater buttons with the A/C). Held in place with four pins that snap into spring retainers, really not much different than the top trim just stronger. The top two can be pulled by putting a couple of fingers right by the pin and pulling out. The bottom two are done by reaching under the panel, finding the edge & pulling out. Note the grey wires connecting the radio panel have only a short reach and no release clip so the plug can pull right off easily. The brown wires are for the seat heater controls.

Hope this helps, I have more pics if needed.
Attached Images

X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Heh... Glad I posted this, used it as a reference tonight for pulling the radio face out

Popped the top trim off, tugged on the AC controls and when they didn't snap out easily came back inside and looked this up...
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0