BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #67
irishbimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
He killed 40 people, could have easily bombed them. I donít think he would do a chemical attack at exactly the same time that Trump decides to pull out. That is not a smart move. Putin would not allow that.

And yes, it was Syria who shot them down.
Syria shot NOTHING down
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #68
irishbimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

All three targets were pulverized-and oh, by the way, where are the remains of the 70 missiles supposedly shot down? Remember when we were shooting down scuds? Parts of destroyed rockets all over the place.
Those buildings were nothing but cement powder.
And why are there no videos of collisions in the sky with explosions from the intercepted missiles. Wouldn't the Syrians and Russians have proud proof of the efficacy of their technology? Probably had to take their brownie instamatic film to the pharmacy dark room for development.

How bogus a claim they shot down our missiles when it was their buildings totally destroyed.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #69
GeorgeA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Syria shot NOTHING down
According to the Pentagon, but of course we would never admit it if they did.

That isnít relevant though.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 11:07 PM   #70
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Drinks!!
Only one for UncleWede
That's not Mikes Cranberry
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 11:09 PM   #71
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Syria shot NOTHING down

That isn't relevant though.
You are now working overtime in order to prove RUSSIA's point. What gives?
And don't try and pass this off as someone who is "neutral". That's obviously not true.

Last edited by Real Dodger; 04-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #72
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Syria shot NOTHING down

Why is he working so hard to prove the kremlins point?

Last edited by Real Dodger; 04-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:35 AM   #73
Ivan Ivanov
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, F48 X1

Quote:
All three targets were pulverized-and oh, by the way, where are the remains of the 70 missiles supposedly shot down? Remember when we were shooting down scuds? Parts of destroyed rockets all over the place.
And why are there no videos of collisions in the sky with explosions from the intercepted missiles. Wouldn't the Syrians and Russians have proud proof of the efficacy of their technology? Probably had to take their brownie instamatic film to the pharmacy dark room for development.

How bogus a claim they shot down our missiles when it was their buildings totally destroyed.
OK, well, the plant for the production of chemical weapons has heroically decimated.
But after such a huge destruction in the sky must rise tons of nerv agents that were supposed to hit the entire civilian population of Syria, an environmental disaster?
I did not hear news on this topic, it turns out to destroy chemical weapons - so simple? Or was it a day off at the plant, and all the finished products were shipped?))
Appreciate 1
GeorgeA245.50

04-17-2018, 01:39 AM   #74
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanov View Post
Quote:

OK, well, the plant for the production of chemical weapons has heroically decimated.
But after such a huge destruction in the sky must rise tons of nerv agents that were supposed to hit the entire civilian population of Syria, an environmental disaster?
I did not hear news on this topic, it turns out to destroy chemical weapons - so simple? Or was it a day off at the plant, and all the finished products were shipped?))
Have your buddy Putin ask Assad. Very simple. You are welcome.
      04-17-2018, 02:17 AM   #75
GeorgeA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good point!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 02:20 AM   #76
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

It's a binary weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin?wprov=sfti1
      04-17-2018, 02:21 AM   #77
GeorgeA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
And don't try and pass this off as someone who is "neutral". That's obviously not true.
What youíre saying doesnít even make sense. Iím posting what Syrian/Israeli media has reported..

Quote:
Have your buddy Putin ask Assad. Very simple. You are welcome.
Putin canít decide the aftermath of a chemical plant being blown up.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #78
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Syria shot NOTHING down
Quote:

That isnít relevant though.
Quote:
I am sort of neutral. I think it's idiotic to believe both sides on this. So I just disregard it completely. You will never know if all 100% missiles made it or more then half were shot down. Just like you will never know what they targeted, how many civilians they killed, and why they used them in the first place. They already admitted that most of their intelligence comes from social media, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bombed places based on some rebels Twitter pics
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #79
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Quote:
Syria shot NOTHING down
Quote:

Quote:
I am sort of neutral. I think it's idiotic to believe both sides on this. So I just disregard it completely. You will never know if all 100% missiles made it or more then half were shot down. Just like you will never know what they targeted, how many civilians they killed, and why they used them in the first place. They already admitted that most of their intelligence comes from social media, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bombed places based on some rebels Twitter pics
You are not neutral. You have demonstrated an extreme anti-American bias. It's amazing you live in this country. You should be ashamed of yourself.
      04-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #80
insanecoder
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
You are not neutral. You have demonstrated an extreme anti-American bias. It's amazing you live in this country. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Kloyak2k, yes yer right and the truth is likely somewhere in between as Ive said..
but dont be ashamed that you actually use your braincells
some of the others on this forum lost that ability probably decades ago
nowadays they say "they think" when its really what MSM thinks or what theyre told..

and who really gives a sh!t how many were shot down
the point of the matter is they should have NEVER been fired in the first place
NOT UNTIL AFTER a proper investigation
but people cant get their braincells around that one
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #81
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,

Quote:
Syria shot NOTHING down
I'm sure they got a few of them. There is video of them intercepting one (or two?). Whether that is reliable or not is another question.

A subsonic Tomahawk flying a fairly straight course (even low level) isn't the hardest thing in the world to hit. It is part of the reason they fire so many of them to make sure the targets were hit.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #82
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I'm sure they got a few of them. There is video of them intercepting one (or two?). Whether that is reliable or not is another question.

A subsonic Tomahawk flying a fairly straight course (even low level) isn't the hardest thing in the world to hit. It is part of the reason they fire so many of them to make sure the targets were hit.
I would be very, very surprised if they Syrian operators shot down any. If they were Syrian systems operated by Russians (possible), then I can see why it may appear it was them. Watching the Syrians try to shoot down anything in the sky over the past 20 years is like handing a 4-year-old a 12 gauge shotgun and asking them to shoot skeet lol.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 3
minn193304.50

04-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #83
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

Though I haven't seen much material about it lately, the original BGM-109 Tomahawk and other cruise missiles were programmed with terrain following software and radar designed to let them fly very, very low. No reason to think they still don't have that capability. Plus they could use GPS to craft a flight plan to avoid known missile batteries.

04-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #84
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Though I haven't seen much material about it lately, the original BGM-109 Tomahawk and other cruise missiles were programmed with terrain following software and radar designed to let them fly very, very low. No reason to think they still don't have that capability. Plus they could use GPS to craft a flight plan to avoid known missile batteries.
No, you're right. We are fully capable of mitigating their efforts, even with how small they are. I worked as an analyst for ME/Russia/China and air platforms as well. Just look into any of the SAM launches Syria has had in the past 5 years alone and tell me you think they could shoot down something without it being luck lol.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 1
minn193304.50

04-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #85
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
I would be very, very surprised if they Syrian operators shot down any. If they were Syrian systems operated by Russians (possible), then I can see why it may appear it was them. Watching the Syrians try to shoot down anything in the sky over the past 20 years is like handing a 4-year-old a 12 gauge shotgun and asking them to shoot skeet lol.
I hear yah, but luck or what you said comes into play as well. The Russian claim is laughable, but like I said a few wouldn't totally surprise me. Nor would zero either if that makes any sense.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:43 AM   #86
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
No, you're right. We are fully capable of mitigating their efforts, even with how small they are. I worked as an analyst for ME/Russia/China and air platforms as well. Just look into any of the SAM launches Syria has had in the past 5 years alone and tell me you think they could shoot down something without it being luck lol.
I don't think they ever got an Israeli AIRPLANE until recently. And missiles are much harder to shoot down.
      04-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #87
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I hear yah, but luck or what you said comes into play as well. The Russian claim is laughable, but like I said a few wouldn't totally surprise me. Nor would zero either if that makes any sense.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt that. It's entirely possible for them to hit one by luck. No different than an RPG hitting a helicopter haha.

Just look at some of their SA-5 launches.. Yes, it's outdated tech, but moreso focusing on their maintenance aspect... They've had missiles fly less than a mile due to their inability to take care of fuel.

Appreciate 1
minn193304.50

04-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #88
insanecoder
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

ya know I doubt they got 70 out of 100 tomahawks either esp w/o the S400 but I'm sure they may have gotten a few and maybe a few malfunctioned and hit the terrain.. who knows
but thats not the point..

the point of the matter is they should have NEVER been fired in the first place
NOT UNTIL AFTER a proper investigation
Appreciate 0