BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
JimmyT
Redneck Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

PR day at the drags....12 August

BMW Night at the Drags
Here is your chance to “see what she’ll run”

Friday evening, August 12th, 2011

Come join us and bring your BMW for an evening of drag racing Friday August 12th. We’ll be setting aside some space in the pits for the club members to meet up, hang out in and remove all of their belongings from their cars. This has been a lot of fun in years past so leave work a bit early as the gates open at 4pm.

Although going fast in a straight line seems easy, most of the BMW faithful needed a bit of practice before we could achieve a respectable ET as drag racing proved to be harder than it looked. By the end of the night we started to turn in some decent times. The trick is to leave on the last yellow light.

The mix of cars keeps getting better and better each year, lets make this year no exception. What will you bring?

Friday, Friday, Friday, 64 funny cars (or funny people trying to drag race road cars) see you there……..

Pacific Raceways website has a "Drag Racing Rules" link shown here: http://www.pacificraceways.com/DragR...DragRules.aspx There's a lot of good info, especially the "Drag Racing Basics" at the bottom of the link.

RSVP to jeff@hauryscollision.com

Jeff Butler
Tech events chair