BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #45
Joaco135
Captain
Joaco135's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235i, MP Exhaust
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Killeen, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
Yes, so far so good on that issue as well. It had been getting pretty bad there over the last few weeks.. It's a world of improvement.
Great thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #46
davis449
Captain
United_States
414
Rep
882
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW Z4 SDrive35i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

I noticed a change for the better after my update as well. I love the sound of firing it up in morning for my journey to work.
__________________
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Dinan Stage II
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #47
dtla1
Major
dtla1's Avatar
317
Rep
1,249
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (2)

Went in for a coolant top off yesterday and turns out there was coolant leaking a little (don't know why I didn't think to open the hood when the light first came on). I'm having them fix that leak, update the DME software per this bulletin and potentially do the Vanos Bolt Recall while it's in.

I'll report back here later.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #48
andnkuhn
Second Lieutenant
andnkuhn's Avatar
5
Rep
229
Posts

Drives: 135i.N55.6SPD.M-SPORT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arlington, Va

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I called today to ask about the SIM 12 15 14, and they didn't even know about it. They said they couldn't find it in the system. Is it because it is a new update or what?
__________________
TauK-n Tky 1. at a time///
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #49
e36addict
Captain
United_States
89
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i DCT
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tim @ BMW of Dallas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andnkuhn View Post
I called today to ask about the SIM 12 15 14, and they didn't even know about it. They said they couldn't find it in the system. Is it because it is a new update or what?
I promise it's a real thing..
__________________
'97 M3/4/5 - Boosted.
'98 Z3 2.8 Roadster - AKG poly everything, GC coilovers. 225k and climbing.
'99 Z3 2.8 Coupe - Stock (for now)
'13 Smart Fortwo - DD/beater.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #50
mashles
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

I am going to ask for this when I get my service. Is there a chance that the update will give me the anti-tuner stuff? I dont really seem to have the idling problems like other people, I do get the occasional jerk forward when coming to a stop though.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #51
andnkuhn
Second Lieutenant
andnkuhn's Avatar
5
Rep
229
Posts

Drives: 135i.N55.6SPD.M-SPORT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arlington, Va

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
I promise it's a real thing..
I am going to try a different dealer in my area and see what they say
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #52
TX135i
Second Lieutenant
37
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i Coupe DCT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I'm calling my SA today. I'm in need of this. The previous update seemed to work for awhile but it's back to the same issues now.

e36addict - Any way you could post a .pdf of the bulletin? I used a post that chesirecat79 made for SIB 12 09 12 and I was able to hand it to my SA. They were not aware of it either until I pointed to it.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #53
e36addict
Captain
United_States
89
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i DCT
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tim @ BMW of Dallas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX135i View Post
I'm calling my SA today. I'm in need of this. The previous update seemed to work for awhile but it's back to the same issues now.

e36addict - Any way you could post a .pdf of the bulletin? I used a post that chesirecat79 made for SIB 12 09 12 and I was able to hand it to my SA. They were not aware of it either until I pointed to it.
I'd like to do that but not really willing to do it for job security reasons. Don't really wanna put stuff like that out there and get BMW on my ass if you know what I mean... sorry.
__________________
'97 M3/4/5 - Boosted.
'98 Z3 2.8 Roadster - AKG poly everything, GC coilovers. 225k and climbing.
'99 Z3 2.8 Coupe - Stock (for now)
'13 Smart Fortwo - DD/beater.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #54
davis449
Captain
United_States
414
Rep
882
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW Z4 SDrive35i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
I'd like to do that but not really willing to do it for job security reasons. Don't really wanna put stuff like that out there and get BMW on my ass if you know what I mean... sorry.
If forget which one, but it is posted in a thread on here. I took it with me to the dealer here because I knew they wouldn't have a fucking clue. Good thing I did...
__________________
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Dinan Stage II
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #55
TX135i
Second Lieutenant
37
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i Coupe DCT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I understand the concern. Yeah, the previous SIB is out there but I have not seen this new one yet. I'll call the dealer and see if they own up to having it.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #56
dtla1
Major
dtla1's Avatar
317
Rep
1,249
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (2)

I went in and had my SA look at the SIBs for my car and it was right there with a release date of August 2014. He hadn't heard of it but assured me that he would try to convince the tech to install it for me. Got the software update, VANOS recall, and a coolant leak fixed all in 1.5 days work. Apparently the update had to run overnight. They also took their time with the VANOS recall as I was the first one they were going to do it on.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #57
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Overpar56's Avatar
25
Rep
638
Posts

Drives: Me nuts
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Skyline, Chile

iTrader: (0)

Service Manager called me today. They're updating my car with the latest (Aug 2014) software next week. I'll be one happy camper if this fixes the problem with the stutter and idle.
__________________

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #58
AGGIEPILOT
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: DFW, TX

iTrader: (0)

E36addict, since your a forum member how hard would it be for you to do the work on my car when I bring it in? I just picked up mine a few days ago and I'd like to bring it in and hopefully get that update. I'm in DFW, could I just ask for the tech that drives the 135i? Lol..thanks
__________________
2012 BMW 135i DCT SGM/Black
Gloss Black Kidney Grilles - Tint - Berk Mid Pipes - Ceramic Coated Berk Race
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #59
davis449
Captain
United_States
414
Rep
882
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW Z4 SDrive35i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Service Manager called me today. They're updating my car with the latest (Aug 2014) software next week. I'll be one happy camper if this fixes the problem with the stutter and idle.
I didn't know there was a newer one out...I might have to investigate this due to the fact that my car still has a bit of an idle issue. It's not NEARLY as bad as it was before the update I got back in May and my trans. shifts much better now, but it could still use some improvement on the idle end of things.
__________________
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Dinan Stage II
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #60
CAVU
Captain
CAVU's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: '16 F87 M2
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
I promise it's a real thing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Service Manager called me today. They're updating my car with the latest (Aug 2014) software next week. I'll be one happy camper if this fixes the problem with the stutter and idle.
Hope this update works!

I'm trying to put all of this together. e36addict: can you confirm the issue date of SIB 12-15-14? Or is SIB 12-15-14 an older update?
__________________

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #61
dtla1
Major
dtla1's Avatar
317
Rep
1,249
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (2)

SIB 12 15 14 is the August 2014 Update. I saw it when my SA looked it up.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #62
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Overpar56's Avatar
25
Rep
638
Posts

Drives: Me nuts
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Skyline, Chile

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
SIB 12 15 14 is the August 2014 Update. I saw it when my SA looked it up.
Confirm that. Last visit in July didn't have this update. This is Aug 2014. Regional service rep said it'll fix idle and hopefully the dead pedal effect.

Before I could bring that nugget of info on the 12 15 14 update up in the conversation with the SM, he brought it up. He confirmed with shop foreman. It could take a few hours or overnight depending on which modules need to be updated to get the job done.
__________________

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #63
Jettt
Gun Slinger
Canada
23
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: slow and with caution
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

This has probably been the most excited ive been reading a post on here since there was a local guy parting out for real cheap.


I have a 2012 DCT 135i and had some battery issues with my car and apperently it was a known thing and I just had to have the battery replaced and with that comes a DME update i believe. This was in the beginning of JUNE. Before this I noticed that the car was jerky, little laggy, and would idle weird at red lights. And sometimes even stall. Also the exhaust would pop alot when letting off throttle. BUT after the update....

I experienced everything everyone has been saying with it. The car felt like someone cut off its balls. Less throttle response although it does idle smoother and the shifts feel alot smoother, almost faster I still miss the old car... Ive grown to accept it because I figured theres nothing I can do to go back and maybe this was just better for the car.

BUT AFTER READING THIS...... ive seen that there is another update that gives a bit of the response back??

-12 15 14 update (august 2014)

Can someone help clarify this all out for me. Im getting all worked up here and its hard to think! lol So this new update can give me some of my throttle response back aswell as maybe give me back some of the pops and whatnot?

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #64
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
8969
Rep
22,853
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettt View Post
This has probably been the most excited ive been reading a post on here since there was a local guy parting out for real cheap.


I have a 2012 DCT 135i and had some battery issues with my car and apperently it was a known thing and I just had to have the battery replaced and with that comes a DME update i believe. This was in the beginning of JUNE. Before this I noticed that the car was jerky, little laggy, and would idle weird at red lights. And sometimes even stall. Also the exhaust would pop alot when letting off throttle. BUT after the update....

I experienced everything everyone has been saying with it. The car felt like someone cut off its balls. Less throttle response although it does idle smoother and the shifts feel alot smoother, almost faster I still miss the old car... Ive grown to accept it because I figured theres nothing I can do to go back and maybe this was just better for the car.

BUT AFTER READING THIS...... ive seen that there is another update that gives a bit of the response back??

-12 15 14 update (august 2014)

Can someone help clarify this all out for me. Im getting all worked up here and its hard to think! lol So this new update can give me some of my throttle response back aswell as maybe give me back some of the pops and whatnot?

Thanks guys
Yes! Just go to your dealer and ask for the SIB 12-15-14 update. Tell them your car lacks power since your last update. Also that your trans still shifts funny.

Dack
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #65
Jettt
Gun Slinger
Canada
23
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: slow and with caution
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yes! Just go to your dealer and ask for the SIB 12-15-14 update. Tell them your car lacks power since your last update. Also that your trans still shifts funny.

Dack
Thanks bro!
MY car is at the dealer now getting a new shifter, so hopefully they just put it on there without me having to ask. But incase they dont, now I know what to ask for.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #66
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
390
Rep
2,181
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Cobb Support

Does anyone with this latest update have a cobb accessport? want to find out if you have contacted cobb after the flash and find out if they support this version of the SW. i want to get the update, but want to make sure i can reflash afterwards.
__________________
2011 LMB 135i DCT
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST