BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
unk045
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

BT Install

Hey guys I'm trying to do a BT upgrade to stream music and make calls. In doing some research, I'm still confused on a few things that I'm hoping I can get some guidance around.

My vehicle is a 2011/01 manufacture date and specs can be seen in the pic below. My questions are the following:

1) Outside of the modifications I need to make, can I stream music and make calls with my existing combox?

2) From a reception and room for mounting of the antenna standpoint, I'd prefer to connect the bluetooth antenna underneath the driver dash. I believe I've read that there's wiring also available for me to install here. Can I install the bluetooth antenna underneath my driver dash or do I need to connect it directly to the combox?

3) If I can install the antenna underneath the driver dash, what does the wiring look like for me to connect it to? Please specify the male to female connection.

4) If I can't install the antenna underneath the driver dash, what wiring would I need to connect it to the combox? Please specify the male to female connection.

5) I've seen various posts about the installation of the mic but not sure how to approach the wiring of the mic in my case. Is there a good post on how to approach this for my setup?

I appreciate the responses and the help gentlemen.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
unk045
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

bump
Appreciate 0