BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #133
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666orDeath View Post
Buying your way out of being patriotic because you are super rich or popular, BFD!!!
So you'd prefer symbolic patriotism over $100's of millions going to help the sick and needy? Sure it'd be nice to have both, but which do you think actually helps more Americans? You're letting a small minority of NFL players' actions over-shadow the fantastic things that the NFL as a whole does for this country.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #134
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Inequality is the key word. I think that's what I tried to explain when I jumped in. It is not the same interaction with police white vs black. My grandfather knew that, who taught my dad that, who taught me that, and now it is starting to be acknowledged. There are groups of people that waive a natsi flag with the American flag, but people are upset about kneeling. Where do we send those people, that's very umamerican. I mean that just makes no since.
Once blacks stop committing 80+% of the violent crimes in this country, they (as a race) will be viewed differently by everyone, including law enforcement.

Antifa is indeed a Nazi like group and should be dealt with accordingly.

Look, you can disagree with those supporting Robert E Lee statue and the protest in VA. They had a right to do it. They obtained the permit and were demonstrating their right. The anti-protest Nazi's Antifa showed up and caused the dust up. That is a fact. Did you see anyone I mean ANYONE mess with the BLM bullshit in a violent way? I sure as shit didn't.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #135
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEV217342 View Post
Once blacks stop committing 80+% of the violent crimes in this country, they (as a race) will be viewed differently by everyone, including law enforcement.

Antifa is indeed a Nazi like group and should be dealt with accordingly.

Look, you can disagree with those supporting Robert E Lee statue and the protest in VA. They had a right to do it. They obtained the permit and were demonstrating their right. The anti-protest Nazi's Antifa showed up and caused the dust up. That is a fact. Did you see anyone I mean ANYONE mess with the BLM bullshit in a violent way? I sure as shit didn't.
Your response is kinda what the issue is.

It's like walking up to someone that looks Mexican and asking them to verify their citizenship. Or asking someone in a turban with a beard to lift their shirt up and turnaround.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2465.00
      09-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #136
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Drumpf talking a patriotism and respect is pretty hilarious considering he lied to avoid going to Vietnam.

Appreciate 2
      09-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #137
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Inequality is the key word. I think that's what I tried to explain when I jumped in. It is not the same interaction with police white vs black. My grandfather knew that, who taught my dad that, who taught me that, and now it is starting to be acknowledged. There are groups of people that waive a natsi flag with the American flag, but people are upset about kneeling. Where do we send those people, that's very umamerican. I mean that just makes no since.
In most instances I would say that's not the same any more. 20-30 yrs ago yes. But that's changed. I think it's more of an anticipation or what people expect than a reality.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #138
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

It's like walking up to someone that looks Mexican and asking them to verify their citizenship. Or asking someone in a turban with a beard to lift their shirt up and turnaround.
Nothing wrong with profiling, zero, except its not pc. This is what's wrong with pc. Now you need grandma in a wheelchair to show shes not a terrorist. Spreads law enforcement efforts thin and the bad guys win. I have no issues with being stopped, asked whatever. And yes it happens to me too. Sorry, but cops should be able to profile. Works all over the world and did work here.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:40 AM   #139
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
Drumpf talking a patriotism and respect is pretty hilarious considering he lied to avoid going to Vietnam.

This argument is moot.
The NFL prohibits all political demonstrations. The jets and giants weren't allowed to show support during 9/11, the cowboys weren't allowed to honor the fallen cops, what makes this any different? Nothing except its liberal instead of conservative and that's a bs double standard.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #140
9krpmrx8
Rep

Yeah the only people who are okay with being racially profiled are white.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2465.00
      09-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #141
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
This argument is moot.
The NFL prohibits all political demonstrations. The jets and giants weren't allowed to show support during 9/11, the cowboys weren't allowed to honor the fallen cops, what makes this any different? Nothing except its liberal instead of conservative and that's a bs double standard.

It's a good thing the NFL isn't running shit. And anything you claim is automatically BS since you just post things the way you would like to twist it. You have zero credibility.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #142
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It's a good thing the NFL isn't running shit. And anything you claim is automatically BS since you just post things the way you would like to twist it. You have zero credibility.
I see it the exact opposite. I post facts. You post opinions.
Fact
The NFL is a private organization and can legally not allow players to protest at games.
Fact
The NFL policy is you get fired if you do a political protest etc
Fact
The jets and giants were not allowed to honor the dead of 9/11
Fact
The cowboys were not allowed to honor the fallen cops
Fact
Every player who is kneeling therefore could and should be fired
Fact
This is a majority opinion
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #143
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the only people who are okay with being racially profiled are white.
Um, no. I didn't say racial. Holistic. And great, we're the only country who doesn't profile and is dumb enough to help the criminals. There's nothing illegal about it and it helped the boys clean up NYC. Now NYC is going back to a cesspool because profiling and stop and frisk are no longer allowed. Yay crime.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #144
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. I just got off the phone with a client in LA. Any LA Ram fans here? Cowboys are 6.5 pt favorites.
Appreciate 1
kprocivic812.50
      09-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #145
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

6.5, tough call. I'd go Dallas. I think they're pumped up now.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #146
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

No dude...the issue is blacks need to clean up their image. Cut down significantly on the single parent households, get an education (I'm talking high school here) and stay the fcuk out of trouble.....this would be a great start.

If you want to be a productive black member of society, speak proper English, wear your pants ABOVE your ass cheeks, be open to hearing what the other side of the political isle has to offer., etc...you are an Uncle Tom sellout.

Tell the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson race baiters to kiss your ass

As much as you may not want to hear it, those are the facts.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #147
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Um, no. I didn't say racial. Holistic. And great, we're the only country who doesn't profile and is dumb enough to help the criminals. There's nothing illegal about it and it helped the boys clean up NYC. Now NYC is going back to a cesspool because profiling and stop and frisk are no longer allowed. Yay crime.
Yet these stupid ass liberals think the dipshit Warren Wilhelm Jr. (commonly know as Bill De Blasio) who is ruining New York City is such a righteous dude
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #148
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
I see it the exact opposite. I post facts. You post opinions.
Fact
The NFL is a private organization and can legally not allow players to protest at games.
Fact
Fact
Fact
Fact
Fact
This is a majority opinion

You said black activists killed the police officers in Dallas.

BOLD FACE LIE

FALSE. They can not stop the players from protesting

FALSE. Name all of the players who have been fired for protesting.

FALSE. The Jets did honor the victims of 9/11.

The players could have if they wanted, they made a choice not to.

Not a fact, just an uneducated opinion.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2465.00
      09-27-2017, 01:15 PM   #149
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I agree and more. But in being nice. It's not a color thing, it's a culture thing. Sharpton and Jackson made their fortunes on racism and they can't let the golden goose die so they perpetuate the myth. Same with the dems. Too many votes. Without then they wouldn't stand a chance but the republicans are bad at selling themselves. Republicans freed the slaves, passed equal rights, passed the right for blacks to vote, all against democrat opposition and the democrat militant arm, the kkk. Don't believe ne, look it up. Democrats instead buy votes with welfare perpetuating the cycle.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #150
9krpmrx8
Rep

This is 2017, look it up. I could give two shits about party labels, all politicians are in office to serve themselves first and anyone who thinks Drumpf or any other politician stands for them or gives two shits about them in any way is delusional.

The only perpetuating a cycle are whiners like you.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2465.00
      09-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #151
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is 2017, look it up. I could give two shits about party labels, all politicians are in office to serve themselves first and anyone who thinks Drumpf or any other politician stands for them or gives two shits about them in any way is delusional.

The only perpetuating a cycle are whiners like you.
How ironic you say it's 2017 yet you still make comments that makes me think you believe the country is still operating in the Bull Connor days.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #152
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEV217342 View Post
No dude...the issue is blacks need to clean up their image. Cut down significantly on the single parent households, get an education (I'm talking high school here) and stay the fcuk out of trouble.....this would be a great start.

If you want to be a productive black member of society, speak proper English, wear your pants ABOVE your ass cheeks, be open to hearing what the other side of the political isle has to offer., etc...you are an Uncle Tom sellout.

Tell the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson race baiters to kiss your ass

As much as you may not want to hear it, those are the facts.
Absolutely single family homes are killing us. That is where it starts. I am a firm believer that a woman cannot teach a man how to be a man.
      09-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #153
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
So you'd prefer symbolic patriotism over $100's of millions going to help the sick and needy? Sure it'd be nice to have both, but which do you think actually helps more Americans? You're letting a small minority of NFL players' actions over-shadow the fantastic things that the NFL as a whole does for this country.
Not trying to make this a personal attack but to me patriotism is never just symbolic. I think you would have to read back through all my posts and likes to get my true feelings on the subject but I hope you are not that bored

Anyway, I have WAY too many friends in the ground that came home under flag dropped coffins. I've been there on the tarmac to welcome them home and it is gut wrenching! My mother doesn't have one only because I got lucky! I can't support anyone that doesn't respect the flag period. The NFL will not see any more of my money! I even stand and take my hat off in the house with no one watching . Does the NFL do good? Sure, but a few good apples doesn't make it OK. Just as a few bad cops doesn't make every cop bad. Or pigs as I've seen us called in several threads.

The solution I thought of is simple. If the NFL or some of its players don't respect the flag or national anthem just stop playing it. I'm OK with that!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #154
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Not to mention the NFL gets way more tax dollars than it gives to charity. Billions. Maybe we should stop giving these quasi public servants who disrespect the country and people they work for the money and instead use it to pay match all their charitable donations and pay down the debt with the rest.
Who built giants stadium? Not the giants. NJ taxpayers. Maybe they could have used a tax break instead.
Appreciate 0